Which Producer should remix Vapor Trails

losingit2k

Which Producer should remix Vapor Trails?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Producer should remix Vapor Trails?

• Terry Brown (Rush-Signals)
    • Peter Henderson (GUP)
    • Peter Collins (PW-HYF) & (CP-T4E)
    • Rupert Hines (Presto-RTB)
    • Paul Northfiled (VT-Second Chance ?)
    • Nick Raskulinecs (S&A-Couterparts)

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Feb 13 2012, 11:28 PM)
I went with Peter Collins, Since he's produced IMO two of their better sounding albums containing both Keybaords and Guitar Driven! Hold Your Fire and Counterparts! He knows what he's doing!

I believe he would take what's there and make it sound incredible!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

goodpost.gif

I agree and voted for Peter C. although I must confess I was very tempted to vote for Rupert Hines.

Why Rupert Hines? Think of it this way - his 2 albums (esp Presto) with Rush sound a little thin or watery. I guess that might be a good way to describe how they sound. If you water down the thick, dense smog of noise that inhabits this album what you might get would be the underlying potential of what this album could be. Its like taking two opposites and canceling them out.

That being said, I am concerned that it would not work out and would just make the albums sound, for lack of a better word, worse. You might just wind up watery smog.

I agree that Peter C would be the better bet to work with and actually improve what is there.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 14 2012, 09:26 PM)
Doesn't need a producer. Producers spend most of their time working with the band on arrangements and how it's recorded. Too late to change any of that.

I already posted the same thing back at the beginning of this thread. I think people are confused what the role of a producer is although there are a few producer's that wear more than one hat and are good engineers as well. The only way they need a producer possibly is if they were to rerecord it and possibly change some of the arrangements.

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Feb 15 2012, 01:06 AM)
Good mastering cant make up for crappy material.  The album sucks all the way around.

Totally disagree. Earthshine, Secret Tough, Nocturne, Freeze, Vapor Trail, Ceiling Unlimited, Peaceable Kingdom, One Little Victory. Those are great songs.

Edited by presto123

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 14 2012, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 14 2012, 02:06 AM)
I looked a couple of times, but I couldn't locate the "none of the above, the album is best forgotten as the embarrassing chapter in the rush chronology that it is, and there's no fixing this no matter what you do" option.  Did I just miss it? confused13.gif

unsure.gif

you must be talking about s & a. yes i agree.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.

No.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 15 2012, 12:33 AM)
Wow, no matter how many times I state because I don't like Neil's anti-belief lyrics, doesn't mean I'm a traditional "Christian" or anything like that like everyone wants to assume I am.  Calling me "religious folk" just isn't accurate, but if you need to stick me in a box, I guess I can't stop you.

Sorry, no offense. In the other VT thread I saw that you have a book of "spiritual poetry" and are a "very spiritual" person. This plus your many statements about how you consider BU2B to be religion-bashing gives me the impression that you're very religious. But I guess I should have said "spiritual folk" instead of "religious folk." Note that I didn't say "Christian."

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Feb 14 2012, 01:53 PM)
Collins. Every album he has produced sounds wicked good. If it wasn't for the fact that the album was already recorded, I would have picked Nick, because I like the influence he has on the band...but if we are just talking about laying down the tracks...Collins has proved he's the man for the job.

goodpost.gif

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner! 1022.gif