MP/tour question...

liddybuck01

Would you care if no songs from Moving Pictures were played during the next tour?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would you care if no songs from Moving Pictures were played during the next tour?

• yes
    • no
    • no, i love Tom Sawyer, Limelight, and YYZ!
    • no, i want to hear Vital Signs or The Camera Eye again!
    • other - post your answer

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 9 2012, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 9 2012, 11:51 AM)
Not one bit

goodpost.gif

+1

Let's use those 7 slots for songs that haven't been played in ages, if ever. I can think of SO MANY more songs that I would rather hear in those 40 minutes.

goodpost.gif

this is why i started this post. that is exactly how i feel.

i also think it has to do with the fact that i have only been a fan for about 5 years now, and have only seen them live 3 times.

i know they probably won't be doing much after the next year or two, and i want to hear songs that i love.

yes, MP is good, but there's deeper cuts, or even well known songs, for that matter, that i'd rather hear.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jan 8 2012, 05:23 PM)
If it means they would be substituted for classic era material (ie nothing beyond GUP) then Id have no problem at all not hearing MP tunes next tour.

I also agree with this.

For me, it would be great if I never got to hear another song from side 1 of MP live again (or at least take a break for a couple tours). They are certainly great tunes, but would other hear other 'classics' that I'd never heard live before or haven't heard live in 3+ tours.

But, if it meant substituting the MP tunes with more tunes from the late 80's, 90's or 00's, no thanks. (gimme Tom Sawyer for the 73rd time)

Side 2 of MP is another story. Since they haven't been played to death, I would love hearing those songs again. So, that is what I voted.

If I never hear Tom Sawyer live ever again, I won't lose sleep over it!

I wish Rush took the "Jam Band" attitude and just played a different set every night...Dream Theater was doing that, and it was pretty cool!

I guess I just don't buy the attitude of "We HAVE to play certain songs" every tour. Yeah, it was cool to hear the entire MP album the past two times I saw them, but I'd love to hear them do the entire Caress of Steel album, or AFTK or Hemispheres, or Permanant Waves...

I voted yes. I'd never get tired of hearing MP songs played live.

Afterall, its RUSH's best LP,imo.

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Jan 9 2012, 01:49 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 8 2012, 10:15 PM)
Look the guys play for 3 hours! These songs only take uo 15 minutes! They are classic and to Newbies, these songs are essentials!

Good point. As a long time hardcore fan, without a couple of MP songs I would have the feeling that something was missing. It just wouldn't feel like a complete Rush show without any two or three from one of their best 2 albums.

Though they better break out at least one GUP song on the next tour!

I agree! I would really like to hear Kid Gloves. I Loved Alex's lead in that!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I would really like to hear The Camera Eye live again. As for the "standards," whether I prefer to hear them or not I accept their inevitability.

Just, please, for the love of God, not Witch Hunt again!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 9 2012, 11:35 PM)
QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Jan 9 2012, 01:49 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 8 2012, 10:15 PM)
Look the guys play for 3 hours! These songs only take uo 15 minutes! They are classic and to Newbies, these songs are essentials!

Good point. As a long time hardcore fan, without a couple of MP songs I would have the feeling that something was missing. It just wouldn't feel like a complete Rush show without any two or three from one of their best 2 albums.

Though they better break out at least one GUP song on the next tour!

I agree! I would really like to hear Kid Gloves. I Loved Alex's lead in that!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Begging for Between the Wheels or Red Sector A trink39.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jan 10 2012, 12:18 AM)
Just, please, for the love of God, not Witch Hunt again!

This this this ^^^. I am just not a fan of that song, it drags so much for me.

-Jane

2.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jan 8 2012, 03:59 PM)
I picked "other" because I would be mega-surprised if they played no Moving Pictures songs. If they want to retire them to play some older stuff then they should go for it, but Neil has said that he never gets tired of playing Tom Sawyer so I don't think it is going anywhere.

....Besides the intro to TS gets better and better each tour...I get a kick out of the various ones over the years.

There are only two songs that they are guaranteed to play: TSOR and Tom Sawyer. Everything else is on the chopping block. I do hope that they have a renewed appreciation for The Camera Eye and decide to play it again on the next tour. Everything else from MP can go to make room for other songs.

the problem with these songs is, that geddy doesnt sing them like the album anymore. he does it the same whinny way everytime. maybe if he changed it up and tried to tempt to sing them like the album versions.. it would be good to hear again..