Counterparts Forum: link in here

GoToMan

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 30 2011, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Dec 25 2011, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Dec 25 2011, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Dec 25 2011, 11:35 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Dec 24 2011, 10:09 AM)
QUOTE (Litehawk @ Dec 24 2011, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (GoToMan @ Dec 24 2011, 11:21 AM)
Time to connect the Rush communities and take over the World.

popcorn.gif

There may be a compatibility issue.

If we had to unite with CP, I think most of us would leave! laugh.gif

I know I would. tongue.gif wink.gif

I would definitely take off. XD

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

I'm not a huge fan of CP, per se. But, there are definitely some quality CP folk who post and/or lurk here. We're all part of the larger Rush community. But, the two boards most certainly have different styles that appeal to different kinds of people. If you're looking for a kick in the ass from a chaotic whirl of smartasses and know-it-all's, go to Counterparts. If you want a big, giant cyber hug from a chaotic whirl of smartasses and know-it-all's, come to TRF. Pick yer poison. smile.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 30 2011, 08:42 PM)

popcorn.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

I'm not a huge fan of CP, per se. But, there are definitely some quality CP folk who post and/or lurk here. We're all part of the larger Rush community. But, the two boards most certainly have different styles that appeal to different kinds of people. If you're looking for a kick in the ass from a chaotic whirl of smartasses and know-it-all's, go to Counterparts. If you want a big, giant cyber hug from a chaotic whirl of smartasses and know-it-all's, come to TRF. Pick yer poison. smile.gif

I will choose warm fuzzy luvins over a kick in the pants any day. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 30 2011, 11:54 PM)

popcorn.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

How about a blow to the head?

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 30 2011, 10:54 PM)

popcorn.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

Well, yeah! laugh.gif

But, every once in a while, don'tcha want yer pants kicked? tongue.gif

I haven't been at CP in ages. I have uh... three posts maybe at CP. I've been a member for five years? I think? If I recall correctly, they throw tomatoes at each other. They also have that rotating smilie that creeps me out.

But, they're cool.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 30 2011, 10:57 PM)

popcorn.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

laugh.gif

Confuse a Cat is more TRF's style.

huh.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 31 2011, 04:04 AM)

popcorn.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

I always thought CP would welcome TRFrs if TRF went down and look after us til it came back up.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 31 2011, 08:08 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 31 2011, 04:04 AM)

popcorn.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

I always thought CP would welcome TRFrs if TRF went down and look after us til it came back up.

Question is: Would we welcome them? ohmy.gif

It's a personal policy of mine to stick to one Rush community and I've chosen this one. I used to post quite regularly on CP and was a member there first for many years after meeting Ken and Julie at the first RushCon.

It's a bit too harsh over there for my tastes these days but there are still some good folks over there, no doubt about it. And I still keep in touch with them via Facebook and when I go to RushCon.

I even remember "Open Secret". biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 31 2011, 05:03 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 30 2011, 10:57 PM)

popcorn.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

laugh.gif

Confuse a Cat is more TRF's style.

huh.gif

That's me... Lord know how often I get confused..! laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Dec 31 2011, 09:06 PM)
I will choose warm fuzzy luvins over a kick in the pants any day.  tongue.gif

I with you on this one...

I don't want a kick in the pants - just a hug2.gif will do...

popcorn.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

But, we're a kinder, gentler CP! (At least, we try to be.) wink.gif

CP is what it is. For those "old timers", we had the board wars with the old Tri-Net, and when it was apparent to all those at Tri-Net what was really going on, people came to CP, because there was no TRF at the time. We represented true freedom as opposed to the over obsessive moderation of Tri-net. We grew as a community, a very strong community.

I will say this. I am hella proud of what CP has accomplished in the almost 12 years its been in existence. People have established life long relationships, marriages, friendships. I know for myself, I have the most wonderful daughter, in which her parents met on CP. CP has really changed some peoples lives in dramatic ways.

Yet the exact same thing can be said about TRF. I know I have my best friend here. I know people have found each other, and fell in love each other here. TRF is a very strong community in it's own right. People have developed life long, and life changing friendships, because of TRF.

What is the absolute most important though, is that the administration teams of both CP and TRF get along very well. We know there is a strong place for TRF, and there is a strong place for CP in the overall view of the Rush online community. Sullysue is right. The Rush community, no matter what board you post on, is a wonderful community. We meet at concerts. We meet in real life. We form life long bonds, sharing not only our appreciation of Rush, but our appreciation of all aspects of life.

We can debate about what board is better, etc. Yet both boards are a very important part of the big picture. That big picture being the community as a whole. One that can be cherished in all aspects. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Draco @ Dec 31 2011, 07:03 PM)

popcorn.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

CP is what it is. For those "old timers", we had the board wars with the old Tri-Net, and when it was apparent to all those at Tri-Net what was really going on, people came to CP, because there was no TRF at the time. We represented true freedom as opposed to the over obsessive moderation of Tri-net. We grew as a community, a very strong community.

I will say this. I am hella proud of what CP has accomplished in the almost 12 years its been in existence. People have established life long relationships, marriages, friendships. I know for myself, I have the most wonderful daughter, in which her parents met on CP. CP has really changed some peoples lives in dramatic ways.

Yet the exact same thing can be said about TRF. I know I have my best friend here. I know people have found each other, and fell in love each other here. TRF is a very strong community in it's own right. People have developed life long, and life changing friendships, because of TRF.

What is the absolute most important though, is that the administration teams of both CP and TRF get along very well. We know there is a strong place for TRF, and there is a strong place for CP in the overall view of the Rush online community. Sullysue is right. The Rush community, no matter what board you post on, is a wonderful community. We meet at concerts. We meet in real life. We form life long bonds, sharing not only our appreciation of Rush, but our appreciation of all aspects of life.

We can debate about what board is better, etc. Yet both boards are a very important part of the big picture. That big picture being the community as a whole. One that can be cherished in all aspects. trink39.gif

Post of the year! And just in time, too! trink39.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 31 2011, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Dec 31 2011, 07:03 PM)

popcorn.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif

I'd go too....

Same.

Not a fan of CP.

Post of the year! And just in time, too! trink39.gif

Aye, awesome post Draco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!