No one at the bridge

Tom Sawyer

Ok, ok, so I bring this up ever so often... I love this..it is the best, second only to La Villa.

Would love to see this amid a suite, a medley of some of the other bits and pieces that the band would otherwise not play the entire song.

Edited by Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Dec 15 2011, 10:18 AM)
Ok, ok, so I bring this up ever so often... I love this..it is the best, second only to La Villa.

Would love to see this amid a suite, a medley of some of the other bits and pieces that the band would otherwise not play the entire song.

Easily my favorite and most emotive guitar solo from Sir Alex...so much feel from this one. Anyone that says Alex isn't in the top 100 guitarist list needs to listen to this

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Dec 15 2011, 10:55 AM)

Easily my favorite and most emotive guitar solo from Sir Alex...so much feel from this one. Anyone that says Alex isn't in the top 100 guitarist list needs to listen to this

that was the first solo I ever learned to play (there's another thread on another board where we revisited this song and posted our most recent performances of it)

I still love that song to this day (most of everything from COS, actually) trink39.gif but would absolutely not want to hear it performed live in a medley situation

I loathe the idea - I almost left my seat during the live R30 medley

Edited by ghostworks

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 15 2011, 11:07 AM)

that was the first solo I ever learned to play (there's another thread on another board where we revisited this song and posted our most recent performances of it)

I still love that song to this day (most of everything from COS, actually) trink39.gif but would absolutely not want to hear it performed live in a medley situation

The r30 medley is amazing, whats not to like? huh.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Dec 15 2011, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 15 2011, 11:07 AM)

The r30 medley is amazing, whats not to like? huh.gif

the fact that it's a medley I'm thinkin..

There's definitely "something about" this song, as it's been in my head for most of the last few months. Other songs come and go, but this one is always there in the background, waiting until all is quiet to start up again (and it's a good thing). The part you mention is one I think of often.

I'd love to hear any part of the song live, but I'd want it to be the full part (like they do with the parts of 2112). Still, it would lose something not having all the life stages of the full song.