DVD/Blu Ray Honesty + Presto

earth2112shine

The story I've heard is that Geddy triggered the synth part under the guitar solo early, causing him and Neil to be out of sync with Alex. Apparently, it sounded pretty bad in the arena, but grafting in the sound from another performance was easy enough.

Peace,

Ron

Actually folks if you count the bars of 4 during this solo ....it was Neil's fault...he was a full measure late....the trigger was in the right spot.

That dugga dugga dugga dah fill should have been at the same time as Alex's last phrase in his solo....it wasn't...it was late.

I don't know why people hear it as being Geddy at fault.....this time it was Neil.

Edited by druid13

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Nov 17 2011, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Nov 17 2011, 01:39 PM)

I don't know why people hear it as being Geddy at fault.....this time it was Neil.

Because Geddy admits it was his brain fart.

wacko.gif

well count it out....compare with the studio version and tell me if Neil's fill was a whole bar off ?....

The fill in the studio version coincides exactly with Lifesons final phrase....counts "-&-A 3-E-&-A -4"

In the Live version that fill gets played...one whole measure late.

It's really pretty obvious if you focus on Alexs solo and how Neils fills fit in wiht the overall structure...

Maybe Geddy DID trigger late...but honestly the drum fill being late is what crashed it.

Edited by druid13

huh.gif I don't have to count. Geddy accepted blame. He pretends to shoot himself at the end of the song, as an acknowledgment that he messed up. I am comfortable with Geddy's explanation, and am grateful he gave it as it saved this board eleven threads about whose fault it was.

You don't have to count? Um OK.

Hope you don't play in a band.....sheesh.

If you did you would realize despite whatever Geddy did....bringing in the fill on the right measure could have made it a less obvious flub.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Nov 17 2011, 03:19 PM)

If you did you would realize despite whatever Geddy did....bringing in the fill on the right measure could have made it a less obvious flub.

I don't have to count, cause I'm not that interested. I accept Geddy's explanation that he flubbed the dub.

No, I'm not in a band.. anymore. Maybe its my bad attitude about counting that caused that.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Nov 17 2011, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Nov 17 2011, 03:19 PM)

I don't have to count, cause I'm not that interested. I accept Geddy's explanation that he flubbed the dub.

No, I'm not in a band.. anymore. Maybe its my bad attitude about counting that caused that.

LOL...well who knows? I can't comment on that;-)

Just saying as someone who has played in many of them and still playing....at that point in the song the focal point goes something like

1. Guitar Solo1A. Drums and Bass holding rhythm section together underneath

2.....?

3.......?

Somewhere around 4. Keyboard pedal triggers....

Priority wise they seem way down the list for this section...so even if they flub I would think they would then key off what Alex played at that point.

Adjusting mid song is fun....Yay.

I agree with druid13 on this one. Even if Geddy did trigger late, it was Neil going along with it that made it really obvious. If he'd had stuck to his guns as Alex had (timing wise), I doubt many would have noticed the mistake at all. It's the drummer's job to hold things together in situations like these and Neil didn't at that moment (though everything else in that show he NAILED imo so I'll let him off this one!).