• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• invisibleairwaves

• PhilCastro

• blackhawkrush

• KW84

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 2 2012, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 2 2012, 10:35 PM)
That's gotta suck for the Devils, they arguably deserved it tonight. Quick is ridiculous.

no extra points for whoever played better. only thing that matters is that piece of rubber in the net.

Not entirely. These things have a way of working themselves out over the course of a playoff series. The Canucks were up 2-0 over the Bruins last year...

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 2 2012, 09:28 PM)
That's gotta suck for the Devils, they arguably deserved it tonight. Quick is ridiculous.

no extra points for whoever played better. only thing that matters is that piece of rubber in the net.

Not entirely. These things have a way of working themselves out over the course of a playoff series. The Canucks were up 2-0 over the Bruins last year...

Main difference is that last year, the home team went 2-0. Having the Kings go back to their home ice with a lead makes it more of an uphill climb for the Devils.

QUOTE (Draco @ Jun 2 2012, 10:31 PM)

Main difference is that last year, the home team went 2-0. Having the Kings go back to their home ice with a lead makes it more of an uphill climb for the Devils.

Maybe, but it might not matter that much. After all, both (!) of the Kings' playoff losses so far have been at the Staples Center.

I mean, I still think the Kings will win this series, but if the Devils keep playing like they did tonight it's hardly a sure thing.

I am very impressed with the Kings. I now beginning to believe they are going to take that cup.

QUOTE (KMH @ Jun 2 2012, 11:31 PM)

for sure.....give the Kings the cup....

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 3 2012, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE (KMH @ Jun 2 2012, 11:31 PM)

for sure.....give the Kings the cup....

and the conn smythe to quick. also, i would love to see someone come up behind bettman, as he makes his usual bs speech, and give him a whipped cream pie in the face.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 3 2012, 09:10 AM)
While I'm not happy that a Western Conference team is winning it this year, it was unavoidable. Nice to see Darryl Sutter getting a championship. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Congratulations on your 2112th post in this thread!

QUOTE (KMH @ Jun 3 2012, 01:31 AM)

True. And while I think, and hope, the Kings are going to win it all, I remember the Red Sox taking a 2-0 lead in the 1986 World Series after beating the Mets twice at Shea Stadium. Look how that turned out.

Did I just mention the 1986 World Series? Excuse me, I have to go have a good cry. smile.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 3 2012, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 3 2012, 09:10 AM)
While I'm not happy that a Western Conference team is winning it this year, it was unavoidable. Nice to see Darryl Sutter getting a championship.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Congratulations on your 2112th post in this thread!

I do that every year. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jun 3 2012, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (KMH @ Jun 3 2012, 01:31 AM)

True. And while I think, and hope, the Kings are going to win it all, I remember the Red Sox taking a 2-0 lead in the 1986 World Series after beating the Mets twice at Shea Stadium. Look how that turned out.

Did I just mention the 1986 World Series? Excuse me, I have to go have a good cry. smile.gif

1986....Len Bias death a man i played ball with at Cole Field House and the year the Celtics won another titile. Terribly painful what happened at the Unuversity of Maryland.

Almost as bad as what happened to the Sox i think I had a heart attack. Painful just painful.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 4 2012, 07:18 PM)
i thought we were going to get someone different but they flew emrick out west. angry.gif i hope la wins in 4. i don't want to listen to emrick any more than i have to. tongue.gif

First "active stick" comment from Olczyk...27 seconds in. wacko.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 4 2012, 07:26 PM)
i thought we were going to get someone different but they flew emrick out west.  angry.gif  i hope la wins in 4.  i don't want to listen to emrick any more than i have to.  tongue.gif

Now a "quick stick?" confused13.gif His brain is hard at work tonight. tongue.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 4 2012, 07:26 PM)
i thought we were going to get someone different but they flew emrick out west.  angry.gif  i hope la wins in 4.  i don't want to listen to emrick any more than i have to.  tongue.gif

i didn't catch that one. biggrin.gif