Storm Corrosion

Gompers

I got an eMail from Roadrunner saying that those who ordered the Limited Edition with the CD/BluRay/Vinyl/Poster will have to wait another week or so cause of a delay with the signed posters. Good news is that they included the free download of the album as promised. As soon as I listen to the album, I'll share my opinion of it, but from the samples I heard, I think it's pretty good and I'll end up enjoying it a lot. Edited by PolarizeMe

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 7 2012, 02:52 PM)
I have listened to this album several times in its entirety and I can say that many of you metal heads WILL not like this at all. There isn't the slightest bit of metal anywhere.

That said, I think this album is awesome in its own right. There is nothing out there that sounds like this. It is very mellow, haunting and beautifully ambient.

What about the metalheads who like avant garde shit, ambient and jazz?

cool10.gif

Had to cancel my preorder a few days ago because I need gas in my car. Might have to acquire it from another source, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the download.

Finally listening to this, and holy shit is all I have to say, this is so surreal, it's just what I wanted. I can see what many are disappointed, and that it's an album you have to be in the mood for, but it is so beautiful, and twisted.

The acoustic guitars in Storm Corrosion for the first few minutes take me far far far far away.

I just received my copy of it today and I can't wait to finally listen to this in 5.1. I was dissapointed that the free download Roadrunner emailed me was an mp3 file so if I thought it was awesome in lossy quality, I'm going to be blown away with the 5.1 mix of it.

Just re-posting this from the other Storm Corrosion thread (the rate the album thread) my thoughts/mini review of the album

I just finally listened to this just and finished a few minutes ago.... and on a good system (albiet a bit old)...

I liked it, it might take a few more spins to get me to love it, but I really enjoyed this CD. There is some very subtle beauty on this record, and some amazing guitar work. "Happy" and "Lock Howl" are two good standouts IMO.

I think it is unfair to categorize this is simply ambient/drone bassed music (al la Bass Communion) because it is much more technical and dynamic than that style of music... If I were to place a label on it , I would almost categorize it as pseudo-krautrock in some ways, far from what you would expect of Wilson/Akerfeldt but still very good.

I will say this of the album however, it is one of the most non-passive albums I have heard in a good long while.. I do the vast majority of my music listening while driving, working, or cooking..etc And hardly ever have time to properly sit down and listen to a CD.. Most of which is not a problem, it may not be of the best quality, but you can enjoy music while in a passive state while driving and still take in the music you are listening to in great extent...... Not this album however.... I cannot really see myself putting this on in the car (maybe if I have a long drive with little traffic ahead of me...lol), or while cooking... "Storm Corrosion" is an album that requires attention by actually sitting down and listening to it properly. Even the two Steven Wilson solo releases I enjoy immensely in a passive state of listening... I don't see the the same applying for the Strom Corrosion CD....not a negative attribute, but just the nature of the beast.

QUOTE (Soni @ Oct 6 2012, 10:05 AM)
Six months later, this thing continues to grow on me.

I still discover stuff on each listen. Definate grower IMO