2011 NFL Season thread

laughedatbytime

Panthers lose to Cardinals, 28-21, but throw for more yards than they did during the entirety of last year. wink.gif

Cam Newton's first game as a pro, well, OK, first game in the NFL was a rousing success...

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 11 2011, 07:13 PM)
Panthers lose to Cardinals, 28-21, but throw for more yards than they did during the entirety of last year. wink.gif

Cam Newton's first game as a pro, well, OK, first game in the NFL was a rousing success...

As long as they keep losing he can throw for 400 yards every week...

cheer.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 11 2011, 06:48 PM)
OMG we're tied for lead in the NFC South, we don't even need to win games to clinch this division!

laugh.gif 1287.gif

laugh.gif

I know, right!

Was so hoping that Panthers would pull it off so I could brag for at least one week this year. sad.gif

We had every chance to. Even getting some bad/close calls to go our way. But came 1yrd. short of tying.

Offence wasn't prob at all. Defence even played well except for those couple of, well more like few, BIG, uh well more like HUGE plays.

Punt team also gave up longest punt return for Cards in like 35 yrs. There were 3 men around the returner and they just stood there like they thought he had called for the fair catch. You're welcome AZ.

I guess my biggest relief is that Newton can actually throw. 'Cause he looked like total tee crap in pre-sea. Hope it's not one of those on 1 week on and off the other. But I was very pleased this week with his performance. Threw some very nice passes. He even had 3-4 that should have been caught.

Very worried about MLB Beason. Man he was just running down the field and collapsed. Think it's his achilles again. sad.gif Very sad if it is. Just for the man. So incredibly swift and powerful, but not if your foot don't work. This would be his third time. I hope it ain't. And of course it takes away the signature piece of what would be an outstanding LB set. Today was first time since 2008 that Beason, Davis, and Anderson all played together. Guess it's not meant to be. We'll see.

Dan Connor is a good back up, great coverage MLB, very quick, good blitzer, but not as good against the run.

Next week, GB. My oh my.

And btw, how does a 2-14 team get this schedule?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 11 2011, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 11 2011, 07:13 PM)
Panthers lose to Cardinals, 28-21, but throw for more yards than they did during the entirety of last year.  wink.gif

As long as they keep losing he can throw for 400 yards every week...

cheer.gif

Sir I take offense at that. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 11 2011, 07:33 PM)

Actually, 14 of the 16 games each year are predetermined.

Six vs divisional opponents

Four vs another division in your conference (this year it's the NFC North for you, not so lucky)

Four vs another division in the other conference (the AFC South, definitely nothing to be afraid of)

Two vs reps from the other divisions in your conferences that finished in the same place you did the previous year (Arizona and Washington...I'm sure these aren't the teams you're complaining about having to play smile.gif )

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 11 2011, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 11 2011, 07:33 PM)

Actually, 14 of the 16 games each year are predetermined.

Six vs divisional opponents

Four vs another division in your conference (this year it's the NFC North for you, not so lucky)

Four vs another division in the other conference (the AFC South, definitely nothing to be afraid of)

Two vs reps from the other divisions in your conferences that finished in the same place you did the previous year (Arizona and Washington...I'm sure these aren't the teams you're complaining about having to play smile.gif )

laugh.gif

Yeah I guess anything a tough schedule when your the worse team in the league. icon_really_happy_guy.gif - see i'm cryin too.

Bet you never expected me to say that! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 11 2011, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 11 2011, 06:48 PM)
OMG we're tied for lead in the NFC South, we don't even need to win games to clinch this division!

laugh.gif  1287.gif

laugh.gif

I know, right!

Was so hoping that Panthers would pull it off so I could brag for at least one week this year. sad.gif

We had every chance to. Even getting some bad/close calls to go our way. But came 1yrd. short of tying.

Offence wasn't prob at all. Defence even played well except for those couple of, well more like few, BIG, uh well more like HUGE plays.

Punt team also gave up longest punt return for Cards in like 35 yrs. There were 3 men around the returner and they just stood there like they thought he had called for the fair catch. You're welcome AZ.

I guess my biggest relief is that Newton can actually throw. 'Cause he looked like total tee crap in pre-sea. Hope it's not one of those on 1 week on and off the other. But I was very pleased this week with his performance. Threw some very nice passes. He even had 3-4 that should have been caught.

Very worried about MLB Beason. Man he was just running down the field and collapsed. Think it's his achilles again. sad.gif Very sad if it is. Just for the man. So incredibly swift and powerful, but not if your foot don't work. This would be his third time. I hope it ain't. And of course it takes away the signature piece of what would be an outstanding LB set. Today was first time since 2008 that Beason, Davis, and Anderson all played together. Guess it's not meant to be. We'll see.

Dan Connor is a good back up, great coverage MLB, very quick, good blitzer, but not as good against the run.

Next week, GB. My oh my.

Thing is although the Cards are not a bad team, they just had a bad year last season. And the other bottom team you face in the conference, the Redskins, look pretty good too.

The Panthers need to get early season wins because the schedule gets even harder later.

For instance you needed to beat the Cards, and you need to beat the Jags, the Vikings in week 8, the Skins and the Bears (even though they beat the Failclowns today).

QUOTE (Inthend @ Sep 11 2011, 08:33 PM)
Next week, GB. My oh my.

The Packers will win this one, I believe......BUT....I do think that Newton will make some plays.

Newton, Vick, and other mobile, unpredictable QB's tend to give the Packers a hard time. The Packer defense may play a lot of zone and keep a spy on Newton so he doesn't run. Or, they could blitzkreig him without mercy and see what happens. I don't think Newton will match Rodgers, but he will earn some respect from the Super Bowl champs....

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 11 2011, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Sep 11 2011, 03:55 PM)
Ah Damn.  Norv Turner's typical team not ready for the first five games of the season.  This is getting sickening.  They have replaced every assistant coach including the special teams coach to no avail, when the hell will they finally replace Norv?  Horrible play calling, wasted time outs, 5 dead ball falls  wtf.gif

But a pass defense that held the Vikings to 28 net yards led the Chargers to victory, 24-17.

Yes, defense was awesome but the embarrassing way the Chargers played that first half offensively can only be chalked up to bad coaching - He never has them ready for a big game -

Well, except for the opening kickoff, The Chargers

handled Minn. fairly easily...They stayed pretty much even

the 1st half, then lowered the boom on the Vikes, in the 4th.

Rivers has GOT to eliminate the interceptions, though.

It's only Game 1, so it could just be rust..wait and see

how he plays in game 2....

Good win all around for the home team!! applaudit.gif yes.gif applaudit.gif

GO BOLTS!!!!!!

653.gif yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif 653.gif yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 11 2011, 03:30 PM)

Bengals win battle of Ohio, at Cleveland 27-17. Bengals will not go winless.

Only the Browns could make the Bengals look good.. eyesre4.gif

Comedy of errors once again on opening day,( Since coming back to NFL,Cleveland 1-12 season openers) Players and coaches seem like it's day one in training camp no one knows each other or what to do. Tired of this sh*t year after year, decade after.... facepalm.gif

They've looked a bit better on the last two series. However, my natural pessimism is causing me to predict a perfectly run 2 min drill, and that the Pats will take the second half kickoff and make it 28-7. banghead.gif

..Hope the Chargers are doin' their homework....

they got N.E. on sunday..in N.E.

Oh yeah,and they better get a decent field-goal

kicker, too.I've got a feeling they're gonna need one.

Prediction: Chargers 24-N.E. 21

(Might be wishful thinking,though,on my part.

It's gonna be an excellent game,either way.)

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 12 2011, 07:24 PM)
They've looked a bit better on the last two series. However, my natural pessimism is causing me to predict a perfectly run 2 min drill, and that the Pats will take the second half kickoff and make it 28-7. banghead.gif

There's your break biggrin.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Sep 12 2011, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 12 2011, 07:24 PM)
They've looked a bit better on the last two series.  However, my natural pessimism is causing me to predict a perfectly run 2 min drill, and that the Pats will take the second half kickoff and make it 28-7.  banghead.gif

There's your break biggrin.gif

Well, I've watched too many Patriot Dolphin games to think that it will be anything but 21-7 after this first drive.

Not sure why the Fins didn't wear white. It's not overly hot but the Pat unis are pretty dark, so maybe that would have some effect on them...instead we're wearing down in the heat and the dark unis don't help.