Ian Anderson - Thick As A Brick

ColdFireYYZ

From jethrotull.com

"Thick as a Brick" Played in Special 2012 Tour

Ian Anderson Announces the Thick As A Brick Tours for 2012.

Ian Anderson performs Thick As A Brick in its entirety for the first time since 1972, going out for a world tour commencing in the UK in Mid-April. Then, it's on to European countries in the late Spring and Summer before landing in the USA for two tours spanning September, October and early November.

This tour will feature a more theatrical production with video, additional musicians and a troupe of dancing elephants. (Just kidding about the dancing elephants: they don't dance.,...)

In 1972, Ian wrote the music (and the lyrics which were credited at the time to the fictitious character, 8 year-old Gerald Bostock, whose parents lied about his age) and recorded with Jethro Tull, Thick As A Brick. The record became a number one Billboard album and enjoyed huge commercial success in most countries of the world. The album featured only one song, lasting nearly 45 minutes. To accommodate the album on LP vinyl and cassette, the seamless track was split on both sides of the record. It reached number one on the US Billboard Pop Albums chart.

Tull then dutifully took the somewhat theatrical show on the road in the Great Britain, USA, and other world markets.

Since 1972, the album has never been performed in its entirety although a few minutes of the material have been a regular repertoire staple in both Tull and IA solo shows over the years.

Now, scheduled for performance again in 2012, Ian will take the original album to a theatre near you. It will be performed in its entirety in a theatrical setting with band, and additional guests.

I'm disappointed that this won't be Tull since I'd like to see Barre live. But it should be worth checking out if he comes near me. I wonder why he's touring solo instead of with the band. Seems strange to me.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

Ian Anderson performs Thick As A Brick ... WTF??? angry.gif rage.gif

Ian is now a cover band confused13.gif , this is NOT Tull, no Martin? Please. If Martin and Donny are not there I will not be there either.

I seen the tour in 1972 and I think I will hold the memory.

TullSkull

I'll definitely see this if it comes close to me. Ian has been doing Tull material as a "solo act" for a while now. I have no beef with it, since he wrote 99.9999% of the Tull repertoire anyway. Would love to see Martin...but who's to say he's not coming along? I'd also like to see Barrie Barlow, John Evan, JHH, and David (Dee) Palmer...but that's not happening either wink.gif

QUOTE (tjtull @ Aug 29 2011, 09:33 PM)
I'll definitely see this if it comes close to me. Ian has been doing Tull material as a "solo act" for a while now. I have no beef with it, since he wrote 99.9999% of the Tull repertoire anyway. Would love to see Martin...but who's to say he's not coming along? I'd also like to see Barrie Barlow, John Evan, JHH, and David (Dee) Palmer...but that's not happening either wink.gif

If Martin is coming then he should be billed as being on the tour...it'd be kind of dumb not to have his name advertised somewhere.

You guys know Ian Anderson doesn't sing too well anymore right?

This is going to turn into the thread where all the fanboys called me crazy for not wanting to see Roger Waters lip sync through The Wall last year...

...and I love Tull and Pink Floyd tons, two of my favorite bands.

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Aug 30 2011, 09:42 PM)
You guys know Ian Anderson doesn't sing too well anymore right?

This is going to turn into the thread where all the fanboys called me crazy for not wanting to see Roger Waters lip sync through The Wall last year...

...and I love Tull and Pink Floyd tons, two of my favorite bands.

I've seen a few recent videos of him singing. His voice is pretty much shot but I've heard a lot of good things about his solo shows.