Wartypig

Currently have these albums by Mr. Rundgren:

-Initiation

-Faithful

-Healing

-The Ever Popular Tortured Artist Effect

-Nearly Human

I also have "POV" by Utopia which I'm counting tongue.gif

I personally think the man is a complete genius even if I don't necessarily love all of his work (it can be pretty hit or miss with me). I liken him to a David Bowie of sorts where he can easily go between super experimental pieces and more "mainstream" pop songs without much sacrifice either way. Initiation blows my mind completely.

Enjoy photographing him! It seems I never hear ANYTHING about him being on the road, and when I finally check to see, he's usually nowhere near the state. Here's hoping I can manage to see him at least once in my life.

QUOTE (Scars @ Aug 27 2011, 03:53 AM)
Currently have these albums by Mr. Rundgren:

-Initiation
-Faithful
-Healing
-The Ever Popular Tortured Artist Effect
-Nearly Human

I also have "POV" by Utopia which I'm counting tongue.gif

I personally think the man is a complete genius even if I don't necessarily love all of his work (it can be pretty hit or miss with me). I liken him to a David Bowie of sorts where he can easily go between super experimental pieces and more "mainstream" pop songs without much sacrifice either way. Initiation blows my mind completely.

Enjoy photographing him! It seems I never hear ANYTHING about him being on the road, and when I finally check to see, he's usually nowhere near the state. Here's hoping I can manage to see him at least once in my life.

Initiation is mind-blowing. I love that album. That album showcases his talents perfectly, from poppier songs to more proggy-type songs. Love it.

He's so incredibly talented. Not only as a performer, writer and arranger, but also a top notch producer. Look at his producing credits, such a wide range of artists. Meat Loaf! The Band! Badfinger! New York Dolls! XTC! Patti Smith! The Psychedelic Furs!

Runt was my introduction - A Wizard a True Star cemented my admiration for this man's talents. Saw Utopia at Knebworth on the Zep bill and thought "The Last Of The New Age Riders" was the best thing since sliced bread. Saw an old clip of Todd playin "A Dream Goes on Forever" on the Old Grey Whistle Test and found it so beautiful. Think he also produced the first Tubes album which is a classic....the man is a genius!!!

It's only in recent years I've started to become a bit of a fan. I was hearing 'Hello It's Me' and 'I Saw The Light' repeatedly on the music station at my job. They were just so damn catchy and got stuck in my head all day for days on end. It was starting to drive me a little nuts! I just had to find out if it was the same artist and if so who.

So far I really like most of Something/Anything? and A Wizard, A True Star. Hermit of Mink Hollow and Oops! Wrong Planet are solid. Initiation I haven't gotten into as much though 'Born To Synthesize' is a highlight. Rundgren's a real good singer with that Philly soul. I'm not as familiar yet with Todd and TR's Utopia but they deserve a few more good listenings. Some favorites include 'Zen Archer', 'Black Maria', 'Sometimes I Don't Know What To Feel', 'Too Far Gone' and 'One Day'. Good stuff.

The man can do it all: sing well, good songwriting with intelligent and thoughtful lyrics, multi-instrumentalist, produce, underrated guitarist