Kveikur is amazing. It's their most accessible album so far, yet they throw in a lot of experimental elements to keep it as fresh and artistically relevant as their past works. My standouts so far are Brennistein, Isjaki, Hrafntinna, Stormur, and Var (perfect closer).

9.5/10

• Like 1

Funny as I just discovered this band (I'd heard the name before but it didn't mean anything to me) because I stuck my How the West was Won CDs in my minivan's CD player only to find that the 2nd disc listed the 3rd disc's track order, and the 3rd disc listed the tracks from a Sigur Ros album. WTF? Anyone else have this issue? If it's a bumbled bootleg, it still sounds good enough I guess, but I expected better from professional criminals!

Anyway, I checked out SR on YouTube and they are fantastic. I started with Brennisteinnand went from there. Absolutely love it. Back in the day, I had to listen to entire Skinny Puppy album to hear as much good stuff as you can hear in 30 seconds of SR.

A lot of what I heard reminded me of these guys. I guess they both belong to this "post-rock" genre. I'll have to check out more bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2lA7Oyv864

God is an Astronaut "Fragile"

Edited by Rutlefan

Funny as I just discovered this band (I'd heard the name before but it didn't mean anything to me) because I stuck my How the West was Won CDs in my minivan's CD player only to find that the 2nd disc listed the 3rd disc's track order, and the 3rd disc listed the tracks from a Sigur Ros album. WTF? Anyone else have this issue? If it's a bumbled bootleg, it still sounds good enough I guess, but I expected better from professional criminals!

Anyway, I checked out SR on YouTube and they are fantastic. I started with Brennisteinnand went from there. Absolutely love it. Back in the day, I had to listen to entire Skinny Puppy album to hear as much good stuff as you can hear in 30 seconds of SR.

A lot of what I heard reminded me of these guys. I guess they both belong to this "post-rock" genre. I'll have to check out more bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2lA7Oyv864

God is an Astronaut "Fragile"

I am the Post-Rock and Shoegaze king. if you need suggestions here ya go!

POST ROCK

Hammock

Explosions in the Sky

Mogwai

Frames

This Will Destroy You

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Parachutes(The singer of Sigur Ros's boyfriend's band)

Sleep Dealer

God Is An Astronaut

SOME Lantlos material(More Black Metal/Post Rock, but they do make a fusion of Jazz and Post-Rock. Very great stuff! I'll post a link below)

Sun Devoured Earth

Boards of Canada

Lovedrown(my solo project, Ambient Electronic/IDM with Post-Rock influences)

SHOEGAZE

candyaudionline

Witherspoon

Alcest

Ride

My Bloody Valentine

SLOWDIVE

Caucus

The Evening Primrose

Dopamine

Shyy

Soliness

Dernier Martyr

Lush

Cocteau Twins

Ethereal Beauty

Autumn's Grey Solace

Heretoir(Again, Black Metal/Shoegaze)

Grey Waters

An Autumn For Crippled Children

LATE Cold Body Radiation

Sun Devoured Earth(Again)

I have more, but PM me if you want them! :)

Edited by Nate2112

I love Shoegaze and so know most of those bands, whereas I hardly know anything from the post-rock group. I'll have to check it out, thanks.

This is a track from a band one would not normally associate with either shoegaze or post-rock, but check this out (2005)...

Edited by Rutlefan