Force Ten

Running Rebel

Look in look out look around...

Look around...at the sight and the sound

I have been thinking about how people generally don't take the time to appreciate the little and odd things in life, the Random Samples, or if we do we don't mention, don't notice or keep to ourselves. This is a thread dedicated to all the little wonderful things that we have, or notice or simply creep up on us and become mundane without us even realizing it. Americans are especially abundant with excess little goodies and this thread is designed to pay homage to all those delightful little things we tend to overlook, the cupholders, roadsigns and electronics that fill our lives.

My first kudos is to Garbage Disposals. Now I don't know about you but I grew up without one and even though I am now fifty I don't think I'll ever get over how much I love the little contraption. I mean, what's not to like? It's loud, dangerous and absolutely destroys all kinds of things. What fun! I imagine that my son, now 30, probabaly never even knew life without one. How lucky! I mean, I'll admit that whenever I am going to flip that switch, there is a little brief sense of excitement that is going off in my brain. "What's it going to do!?"

I assume I'm not the only one that knows that sticking a load of coffee grounds and a huge blast of water can simulate a Mt. Vesuvius effect, though it's not reccomended to do when the wife is home --and have the mop and bucket ready in advance. Every try marshmellows? Me neither but I plan to. Orange rinds can give it a real deep throaty sound and things like Jello gives it that fast whirling spinning sound that makes me exude confidence I've disintegrated it into some vast time warp of underground networks never to be seen again. How cool it feels to exude such power smile.gif

Rising, falling at Force Ten, we spin the garbage disposals and ride the wind...

So obviously, now that soap deservedly got an entire thread dedicated to our fascination with the zillions of products that idea spurned, we can pay homage to the rest of our ipods, blenders, microwaves, sporks, and all the other creative imaginitive things that make life full of awesomnicity and such here!

I would like to mention Hawaiian Punch. It is quite refreshing on a hot summer day. And this computer chair, for keeping my ass comfortable. And bacon, for making any meal tasty. And a shout out to TRF, for keeping me updated on Rush, and keeping me occupied with your endless threads and knowledge. I always took TRF for granted, but just released it is my main source for news and fun on the internet. Quite possibly my favorite website tbh.

• With the exception of one hellishly hot vacation in Mexico, I have never been without air conditioning. It's something I am thankful for every summer.
  • Recipe books: I love going through my parents cookbooks (which they've never used) and picking a recipe that looks good for a Sunday family dinner. We have all sorts of cookbooks: Italian, French Canadian, Asian, chocolate (yep, a whole book on things you can make with chocolate), the list goes on. I don't have the patience to find anything good online but cookbooks are just wondrous things. The fun I have from pulling things out at random and producing results everyone enjoys is worth the large piles of dishes I have to wash.
  • TRF: the only forum that's actually worth going on. The average user is sensible and the more frequent members are great to debate with on all topics. The cherry on the cake is that it's centered around my favorite band to boot. On second thought maybe my first point should have been the cherry on top but after being here for this long I no longer see the forum as being solely about Rush.

Since we're talking under-appreciated things I can't mention things that are truly wonderful..... >.>

Edited by USB Connector

The telephone and, by extension, the Internet.

Thanks to these I can have friends all across the globe who I can chat with, exchange information with, count on for support and support in return, share joys and sorrows, hatch plans, discuss, debate and just jibber my jabber.

And, being as I don't get out much, they are my lifeline to the world. How wonderful!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 11 2011, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Aug 10 2011, 02:50 PM)
Oh, and speaking of cupholders, does anyone elses computer have one?  Mine has a cool one, you push a button and it pops out!

Mine has one of those as well. I wish it had a DVD drive though. sad.gif

Jesus that is one old computer for it not to have a DVD drive. I have a Windows 98 computer with DVD-rom capabilities (bought it about a year or two after W98 came out, never upgraded it).

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 11 2011, 07:36 AM)
http://hotelfortesjoao.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/toilet-paper-stack.jpg

yes.gif

Good call!

The four albums genesis made with the classic line-up biggrin.gif

A friend that is just that, a friend. One who listens and has fun with you.

Experiencing Deja vu

Indulging in delicious foods that you can't have often

That feeling after you drink water after a crazy work out

Falling down (literally or mentally) and getting back up and smiling after

Receiving a message from someone you have not heard from in a while, especially a handwritten one

Experiencing Deja vu cool.gif