Steve Walsh Kicked My KANS"ASS" On Wednesday!

RUSHHEAD666

Which Kansas Album Listed Above Is Your Favorite?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Kansas Album Listed Above Is Your Favorite?

• "Leftoverture"
    • "Point Of Know Return"
    • None of these commercial albums. I like...... (list below) better!
    • I hate Kansas and Steve Walsh! This band sucks!

Wendy and I went to see the Greg Kihn Band, Kansas, Yes and Styx on Wednesday night and I have to admit it was a great fukking show!

Even my wife had a great time!!

Greg Kihn was well Greg Kihn. It was the Kihnfest so he was able to play for about a half hour. "I Lost On Jeopardy" and "The Break Up Song" were the highlights of the set.

KANSAS was up next.

I was like a little kid on Christmas morning waiting for this band as I have never seen them. Shame on me for waiting so long, but these guys were great. Steve Walsh is one of the greatest vocalists in the world. The man looks like a modern day Moses, and yet he sings like a long haired hippie in Seventies denim and Hell's Angel's sunglasses.

Does that make any sense?

Kansas absolutely RULES!

Personally I thought Kansas blew YES away and yet I really enjoyed that part of the show too.

Sure enough the new lead singer looks like a fairy princess in white clothes, spinning around like Tinkerbell on acid. He could have been married to Elton John for all I know, yet when Benoit opened his mouth to sing I must admit that I was impressed. Obviously Beniot had his testicles removed to get the lead singer job, but hey, everyone has their price!

Steve Howe was great even though he botched every guitar solo during the setlist. Steve Howe looks like Frankenstein with a Jerry Garcia mullet. He is a Freak, but I love him nonetheless. When Steve tried to play the solo on "Owner Of A Lonely Old Fart" I thought it was horrible. They played that song way too slow as well. Low point of the night.

Well then it was time for STYX. To be honest I wanted to leave. I've seen Styx many times in my life and wasn't feeling it. However my wife wanted to stay and watch Tommy Shaw.

I'm glad I listened to her. STYX blew the doors off of the place.

The setlist had absolutely no filler! All thriller!!

I find it interesting to note that Tommy Shaw is a great guitar player and vocalist. No wonder the band decided to keep him around instead of Dennis De"Dung."

Tommy is so short though. He looks like Tattoo from "Fantasy Island" with a blonde wig on his melon. LOL!

Great talent though.

Hell my wife is taller and has the same hair. Tommy Shaw looks like Wendy with a penis and a terrible goatee! ohmy.gif

Wendy and I had fourth row center and Tommy threw a pick right at her.

Sure enough when that pick hit the ground Wendy scored it.

Some of you Rush fans might remember when Alex handed my wife a pick back on the S&A Tour up in Marysville. Classic.

My wife is hot. I call her the "Pick Magnet" because it's true.

I remember seeing Dream Theater in the front row and Petrucci threw my wife like 5 picks during that show. Unreal.

Anyway I must admit that Styx was the best out of the four bands that played that night.

Heck even I scored a James Young guitar pick on our way out of the venue.

It was a great show!

My wife even drove home so I could consume many beers.

I love my woman.

I love prog just the same.

I think it was Ghostworks who called the new Yes album an Asia album.

I totally agree.

I love Asia more than Yes.

"Fly From Here" is my Album Of The Year thus far.

Later. 1022.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: I have a picture of Chris Squire's cock and balls.

The man wore black spandex that night. WTF?

I will post his family jewels if you want to see them.

My wife put me up to taking the photo.

And to think that I have a small twig and berries. confused13.gif

I am blessed. laugh.gif

And cursed..................................................

I wouldn't say Leftoverture is commerical Earl, not at all. It's a prog/hard rock album in the same spirit as the previous albums. With the Point of know Return I think Kansas reacted to the success of the Leftoverture a little and did try for more of the same, but even that album isn't really commercial and is full of prog gems.

cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 6 2011, 11:35 PM)
I wouldn't say Leftoverture is commerical Earl, not at all. It's a prog/hard rock album in the same spirit as the previous albums. With the Point of know Return I think Kansas reacted to the success of the Leftoverture a little and did try for more of the same, but even that album isn't really commercial and is full of prog gems.

cool.gif

Bad poll question choice. I don't think these two Kansas albums are commercial prog. They are EPIC.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 7 2011, 12:40 AM)
Just what the world needed in the mid 70s, Hillbilly Prog. And they wonder why Punk happened...

"Hillbilly Prog"

Now that is classic!

Looks like I'm "Flirtin' With Disaster" in regards to this poll.

Love,

MOLLY HATCHET laugh.gif

Speaking of Punk, I am really excited about the new East Bay Ray And The Killer Smiles album!! It comes out in September.

The Dead Kennedys are currently touring without Jello but they are touring.

They were at the X FEST tonight down in Modesto. I didn't go. Y&T, Mr. Big and Panic At The Disco were there too. What a weird combination of tunage.

Anyway, the new Killer Smiles cd sounds awesome! East Bay Ray is yet another underrated guitar legend who has his own sound.

Signed,

"Bedtime For Democracy"

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 7 2011, 04:04 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 6 2011, 11:35 PM)

cool.gif

Bad poll question choice. I don't think these two Kansas albums are commercial prog. They are EPIC.

trink39.gif

Aye!

trink38.gif

cant pick a favorite Kansas, I like all of thier 70's albums, especially their first 6 or so. Heck, even their 80's were good. I dont know if I can think of a Kansas album I dont like. But my "go-to" album tends to be "Leftoverture".

signed,

Father Padilla and The Perfect Gnat

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 7 2011, 04:06 AM)
Just what the world needed in the mid 70s, Hillbilly Prog. And they wonder why Punk happened...

"Hillbilly Prog"

Now that is classic!

Love,

MOLLY HATCHET laugh.gif

Tony R doesn't like Kansas because they're too riff-orientated ie too metal. Don't forget he comes from a time BEFORE metal! He's a 50s throwback! He likes more clean guitar tones, distortion is not his bag. Whether it's pop, folk, funk, glam, psychedelic, rockabilly, canterbury scene, rock n roll, new wave, power pop, jazz or blues, Tony likes it clean or maybe a wee smidge overdriven-dirty, but never, ever, ever deliberately pedal/rig distorted. Distorted guitar that's not music to him, he lumps punk, metal, fusion, hard rock, thrash, death metal, black metal, prog metal, all the distorted stuff in the same category and he avoids it like ebola in a crisp bag...

Tony R = our dads

tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 7 2011, 07:53 AM)
My favorite is Song for America. Of the two of these, I prefer Leftoverture. But I love both. biggrin.gif

Agree with this 100% yes.gif

I love Kansas! Seen them about a dozen times. Seen every Steve Walsh based lineup. Always awesome.

Saw Yes on 90125 tour. Excellent show!

Saw Styx on Paradise Theater tour. Very good show.

Greg Kinear would have been a better choice for the first half hour of the concert.

KANSAS!!!!! 1022.gif

I don't have a fave Kansas album, but saw them and Styx last year and loved both shows.Too bad Greg Kihn's set was so short - love those tunes, and he seems good live from the vids I've seen, at least back in the day. I don't know whether to be glad or sad I missed Yes this year, because they played right near here, and I was clueless.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2011, 12:37 PM)

"Hillbilly Prog"

Now that is classic!

Love,

MOLLY HATCHET laugh.gif

Tony R doesn't like Kansas because they're too riff-orientated ie too metal. Don't forget he comes from a time BEFORE metal! He's a 50s throwback! He likes more clean guitar tones, distortion is not his bag. Whether it's pop, folk, funk, glam, psychedelic, rockabilly, canterbury scene, rock n roll, new wave, power pop, jazz or blues, Tony likes it clean or maybe a wee smidge overdriven-dirty, but never, ever, ever deliberately pedal/rig distorted. Distorted guitar that's not music to him, he lumps punk, metal, fusion, hard rock, thrash, death metal, black metal, prog metal, all the distorted stuff in the same category and he avoids it like ebola in a crisp bag...

Tony R = our dads

tongue.gif laugh.gif

Go to your room!

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 7 2011, 03:17 PM)
I love Kansas! Seen them about a dozen times. Seen every Steve Walsh based lineup. Always awesome.

Greg Kinear would have been a better choice for the first half hour of the concert.

KANSAS!!!!! 1022.gif

I saw them in the 70s, I kept expecting Dolly Parton to join them onstage with Charlie Daniels for a good old hoedown. Half the crowd were boss-eyed and dancing with their sisters who might also have been their mothers.

I saw Kansas open for Styx and Foreigner last year and they were excellent. Steve Walsh's voice is great. I just wish that they would reunite with Kerry Livgren. Leftoverture and Point of Know Return are both great, but I Leftoverture was my first Kansas album, so I'll go with that.

I also saw the Yes/Styx show a few weeks ago and Styx blew Yes away. Yes messed up a few times and the first 2 songs were unrecognizable. Luckily they picked it up in the middle of the show. Styx was great. Tommy and JY still sound the same and Gowan is better than DeYoung, imo.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 7 2011, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 7 2011, 03:17 PM)

KANSAS!!!!! 1022.gif

I saw them in the 70s, I kept expecting Dolly Parton to join them onstage with Charlie Daniels for a good old hoedown. Half the crowd were boss-eyed and dancing with their sisters who might also have been their mothers.

I think it may be the area you saw them. In Connecticut, we don't dance around with our sisters.

Kansas was and is one of the great progressive rock bands of all time. That's just the way it is. It surely does not sound like country music? I mean, seriously?

ummm...nope. atickhum.gif

bacon sounds more like country music than Kansas does.

bacon.gif

"yee haa, sizlin sizlin in the pan, sparks of grease abound.

Arteries scream and cry for help, but help will not be found.

Grab your partners doh see doh, bacon rules the day.

Grab your sister, grab you dog, and bacon yourself away."

bacon.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 7 2011, 11:38 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2011, 12:37 PM)

"Hillbilly Prog"

Now that is classic!

Love,

MOLLY HATCHET laugh.gif

Tony R = our dads

tongue.gif laugh.gif

Go to your room!

ohmy.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

Wish Kansas played with Styx and Yes when I saw them a few weeks back. It was a sad show on the part of Yes. The audience was NOT into them at all and it was embarrassing. Styx sounded great!

As for the my choice Leftoverture!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2011, 04:37 AM)

"Hillbilly Prog"

Now that is classic!

Love,

MOLLY HATCHET laugh.gif

Tony R = our dads

tongue.gif laugh.gif

Pat!

One of the greatest posts I have ever read on this Forum!

I can type that because I actually like Tony!

PROG ON!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 8 2011, 03:20 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 7 2011, 04:37 AM)

"Hillbilly Prog"

Now that is classic!

Love,

MOLLY HATCHET laugh.gif

Tony R = our dads

tongue.gif laugh.gif

Pat!

One of the greatest posts I have ever read on this Forum!

I can type that because I actually like Tony!

PROG ON!! 1022.gif

Tony's ok, it's just that he's as crazy as an outhouse mouse!

laugh.gif

trink39.gif

1022.gif