How much of a trainwreck

An Enemy Without

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 3 2011, 02:43 AM)
Rush kicked ass last year at the MN State Fair. I've only seen them three times, but it was easily the best performance I've seen from them. They sound better than ever, IMO.

Was there too - man it was so awesome - loved it to be part of the birthday party!!!

Cheers from Germany

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Aug 2 2011, 10:57 AM)
I thought this Rush tour was so bad I had to go see it 3 times to make sure I was right.

z7shysterical.gif

goodpost.gif

I had to see it 3 times to judge properly myself. wink.gif

I went out for a few beers instead of TV tonight

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Aug 2 2011, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 3 2011, 02:43 AM)
Rush kicked ass last year at the MN State Fair. I've only seen them three times, but it was easily the best performance I've seen from them. They sound better than ever, IMO.

Was there too - man it was so awesome - loved it to be part of the birthday party!!!

Cheers from Germany

The MN state fair concert was an incredible show, on Alex's 57th birthday. I've only seen them twice...the other time was in Indianapolis in 1981 on the original Moving Pictures tour, at the peak of their career (in my opinion). I believe that was the tour that ESL was filmed.

They were better then, but the dropoff was imperceptible (with the understandable exception of Geddy's voice), and that pretty much says everything...that the guys are showing incredible musicianship into their late 50s.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Aug 4 2011, 10:42 PM)
http://i51.tinypic.com/kuk2e.gif

Check out the big brain on AEW!

Am I missing something? Maybe if I wasn't concentrating on how hard 2112 sucks I would get it.

Geddys voice used to be too screechy. Now it's not screechy enough. Boo hoo.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 2 2011, 12:12 PM)
Let's all be adults here. The tour was a major letdown and Rush just embarrased themselves every step of the way. Geddy was old and screechy, Neil was old and boring, and Alex was old and sounded bad. They should stick to cover albums. All their material sucks and it's all overrated. Even if they played every song they've ever written I wouldn't like any of them. Moving Pictures sucks. Permanent waves sucks. How about we argue over which one sucks the most, since they both suck.

Old Rush bad, new Rush worse. yes.gif

No kidding. And to make matters worse, they played Moving Pictures in it's entirety. I mean, if you are going to play a whole album live, how about picking an epic one like Hold Your Fire...Jeeessss. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 5 2011, 09:42 AM)
Let's all be adults here. The tour was a major letdown and Rush just embarrased themselves every step of the way. Geddy was old and screechy, Neil was old and boring, and Alex was old and sounded bad. They should stick to cover albums. All their material sucks and it's all overrated. Even if they played every song they've ever written I wouldn't like any of them. Moving Pictures sucks. Permanent waves sucks. How about we argue over which one sucks the most, since they both suck.

No kidding. And to make matters worse, they played Moving Pictures in it's entirety. I mean, if you are going to play a whole album live, how about picking an epic one like Hold Your Fire...Jeeessss. eyesre4.gif

Hey, I'd be on board with that "Hold Your Fire" idea. yes.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 5 2011, 08:53 AM)

I knew you'd be! laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 5 2011, 07:53 AM)

so would Metaldad.....

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 5 2011, 08:42 AM)

Hold Your Fire sucks too. They should stick to cover songs and play Feedback in it's entirety.

Never mind. They'd probably screw that up too.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 5 2011, 06:53 AM)

One of the few things we agree on wink.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 5 2011, 07:42 AM)

I think you misspelled Hemispheres. That's OK, at least you got the first letter right... wink.gif

Rainin by you?

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Aug 6 2011, 12:27 PM)
Rainin by you?

No but the fukking sun is just now coming out and it's 3 in the afternoon. Stinkin' marine layer comes up the (Columbia) river and sits over the Portland metro area all damned day. Summer my ass!! Retirement WILL see me moving somewhere warmer and drier.