Eye Help

Mr. Not

The best way to explain this problem is that I see colored specs everywhere. It's as if somebody sprinkled a bunch of sand grains into my cornea. This has really started to bug me recently and I think I should get my eyes checked - and hopefully fixed. It's been this way with my eyes for as long as I can remember, is it natural for everyone or is there something wrong with my eyes?

I don't have troubles reading, but it really becomes a bitch to see anything in the dark, especially stars... In other words, I don't need magnification, but something that will give a me a clearer view of everything period. Someone fill me in, here. Thanks.

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jul 26 2011, 05:31 AM)
That brown Acid is bad stuff.... rofl3.gif

No really now... Do some research here too Mayo Clinic

and you need to get to a doctor about it if you can't find anything online. yes.gif

You need to get to an eye doctor right away. Floaters and spots indicate serious eye trouble!

Not being able to see in the dark also indicates a serious problem!

Go to an eye doctor!!!

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jul 26 2011, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jul 26 2011, 05:31 AM)
That brown Acid is bad stuff....  rofl3.gif

No really now... Do some research here too Mayo Clinic

and you need to get to a doctor about it if you can't find anything online. yes.gif

You need to get to an eye doctor right away. Floaters and spots indicate serious eye trouble!

Not being able to see in the dark also indicates a serious problem!

Go to an eye doctor!!!

Seconded. It could be an indication of something more serious, but while most eye infections and the like can be easily treated nowadays, get to a doctor as soon as you can. It's just better to err on the side of caution.

Hope things work out for ya. (:

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 26 2011, 01:45 PM)
oh, great..

How serious is this exactly? I've been living with since Jr. High

Since Jr. High? And you're 18 now?

I assume you've told family members about this -- and no one has suggested a doctor's visit?

No one here can tell you how serious this is. Maybe it's serious, maybe it's something some drops can fix. Maybe it's something that isn't a big deal now but will get serious if you don't treat it.

No matter what, you NEED to get an exam done. Tomorrow. Get it done.

If I had started this thread my post would have been something more along the lines of:

I just got back from seeing an eye Dr because I was seeing colored specs everywhere. It's as if somebody had sprinkled a bunch of sand grains into my cornea.

Just Sayin'

I have floaters every so often, but they're one or two at a time and look like amoebas. I do see bright spots like stars when my blood sugar is low, but only at those times - they're not constant. Good luck finding what's wrong and I hope it's nothing major. Hopefully it's just eye strain.

Floaters can be a number of things, but sometimes signal that

1) you have a bleed in a blood vessel (common to diabetics)

2) your retina is detatching

3) there is something else going on with your eyes or you have a health problem.

Notice that I said CAN be a problem, but only an eye doctor can tell, which is why you need an exam. like 1001001 said TOMORROW!

Edited by nettiesaur

Sounded like potential cataracts to me, until you said the problem's been with you for years - no better, no worse.

I agree on an immediate eye exam. I'm essentially blind in one eye from glaucoma - an old person's disease I was diagnosed with at thirty - and it's because I didn't get regular exams and prescription updates until it was severe.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jul 26 2011, 08:55 PM)
Floaters can be a number of things, but sometimes signal that
1) you have a bleed in a blood vessel (common to diabetics)
2) your retina is detatching
3) there is something else going on with your eyes or you have a health problem.
Notice that I said CAN be a problem, but only an eye doctor can tell, which is why you need an exam. like 1001001 said TOMORROW!

I set up an appointment earlier today. I'll be getting them checked August 4th.

Thanks for your help, everyone. Hopefully to know I feel like opening up to this board before professionals makes you all feel a bit special wink.gif

Hopefully I'll be able to see the stars clearly again soon!

Edited by Kenneth