Our new kitty

Janie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No name seems to be sticking. For now, I'm calling him, "Jehoshaphat McMeowenstein."

Truth be told, he looks like a Simon to me. But that is just way too boring for me.

Maybe Mr. Simon McWhisker Meowenstein could be his name.

The tuxedo look reminds me of James Bond, so maybe something related to that?

Congrats - he's a cutie!

Or, you could do like any good Rush family does, and name your cats after trees - I have Aspen and Hickory, my sister's family has Piney (okay, short for Pineapple, but it's still plant life)! Truth be told, they all got their names before I was a Rush fan, but now that I am, I'm capitalizing on it tongue.gif I just need an Oak and a Maple (yeah, my apartment complex would love me).

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jun 16 2011, 11:32 PM)

Congrats - he's a cutie!

Or, you could do like any good Rush family does, and name your cats after trees - I have Aspen and Hickory, my sister's family has Piney (okay, short for Pineapple, but it's still plant life)! Truth be told, they all got their names before I was a Rush fan, but now that I am, I'm capitalizing on it tongue.gif I just need an Oak and a Maple (yeah, my apartment complex would love me).

Then you can add Hatchet, Axe, and Saw. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 16 2011, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jun 16 2011, 11:32 PM)

Congrats - he's a cutie!

Then you can add Hatchet, Axe, and Saw. laugh.gif

My 3 rats were named: Chainsaw, Xanadu and Lemmiwinks

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 16 2011, 06:46 PM)
No name seems to be sticking. For now, I'm calling him, "Jehoshaphat McMeowenstein."

Truth be told, he looks like a Simon to me. But that is just way too boring for me.

Maybe Mr. Simon McWhisker Meowenstein could be his name.

That sounds like a good name. If you are stumped, it maybe a good idea just to keep calling him different names and something will stick. Our newest cat was named Oliver after his eye color (BORING). I called him Gandalf (because he is gray and stops to watch LOTR when its on tv), but is now known as Little Foot (or Little Foots) to me, a nickname my wife gave him. Little Foot actually looks up at me when I call him that, so I think he likes that name the best.

If you don't name him, it will come biggrin.gif Or something Field of Dreamsy like that trink39.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 14 2011, 06:17 PM)
Here is the newest member of our family. He is around four months old. We recently adopted him and couldn't be happier. He is an awesome kitty! The thing is, he doesn't have a name, still. We need a little help.

Here is his cute mug:
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/NK1.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/NK2.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/NK3.jpg

Personality Traits:
Mellow
Extremely friendly
Purrs loudly. All. The. Time.
The kind of cat that anyone could get along with.
Sticks up for himself and will even pick a playful fight with our older cat and dog.
He meows a lot, loudly and holds his meow for a long time.

Unique features:
He's a "tuxedo" black and white kitty.
All of his whiskers are white.
He has one very long whisker sticking straight out above each eye - resembling bug antennae).

The problem is, the names we've thrown around (list is below) don't seem to fit him. Just curious to hear if any names pop into your head.

My name choices:
Pele (after the soccer player - kitty is black and white like a soccer ball and he's really active)
Buscemi (after Steve Buscemi the character actor because he's so awesome)
Kerouac (after Jack Kerouac the writer, one of my favorites)
Domino (because of his coloring but also because one of the nicknames for our other cat is "Fats"... Fats Domino)
Pavarotti (because this cat holds his meow for a long time like he's an opera singer or something)
Spielberg (when he purrs, it truly sounds like the Jaws hunting theme song)

Husband's name choice:
Mr. Whiskers

Congrats on the new addition...he is adorable! cat.gif

I also adopted a new baby from Animal Rescue about four months ago. His name is Cha Cha biggrin.gif