is this news?

tel

no surprises with the title doh.gif

Rush Reveal Title For New DVD

artist: rush date: 06/14/2011 category: upcoming releases

rating: 0 / votes: 0

Vote 1 - bad 2 3 4 5 - average 6 7 8 9 10 - great

According to Blabbermouth.net, Musictap.net reports that Concord Records will release a Rush DVD and Blu-ray titled "Time Machine" on September 27. The disc will most likely contain footage of Rush's April 15 concert at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio filmed by the award-winning documentary makers Banger Productions from Toronto in Canada, who have received international critical acclaim for their previous movies "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey", "Global Metal" and the Rush documentary called "Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage".

Rush's Cleveland performance of its "Time Machine" show was filmed as a tribute to the U.S. city that first played the band's music.

Cleveland is remarkable for being one of the very first U.S. cities where Rush performed, in addition to being the first city to provide American airplay. This also marked Rush's first live full-length filming on U.S. soil.

The "Time Machine" tour was an evening with Rush, where the band performed its classics, gave a taste of the future and - for the first time ever - featured the "Moving Pictures" album live in its entirety.

Rush bassist

The NAME of the DVD is news, but not at all surprising. There's been so many of them lately that they'll eventually get into the mode of calling them ''Studio Album Name" Live. Snakes & Arrows started this trend, and I think it's going to continue. Whether we like it or not, Live registers via DVD or Blu-Ray are the only kinds of official releases that still manage to sell decently. All studio stuff is mp3-ed and copied exaustively.

I think cliff Richard had a dvd called " time machine tour" so maybe that why its "time machine" for Rush .

I Am looking forward to September to relive the great experience I had all over again with the time mactine tour hopefully on Blu ray and Loud speakers!

QUOTE (tel @ Jun 14 2011, 02:29 PM)
According to Blabbermouth.net, Musictap.net reports that Concord Records will release a Rush DVD and Blu-ray titled "Time Machine" on September 27. The disc will most likely contain footage of Rush's April 15 concert at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio...

WOW! I didn't know they filmed the Cleveland concert!

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 16 2011, 02:08 PM)
Yay, another Rush product for me to shell out money for.

Would LOVE to shell out that hard earned cash on.....I don't know.....AN ALBUM OF NEW MATERIAL!

Just a thought. Carry on.

Because, of course, you will be forced at gunpoint to buy this DVD whether you want to or not.

It's just terrible how you don't get to have a choice about what to do with your hard-earned money!

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jun 16 2011, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 16 2011, 02:08 PM)
Yay, another Rush product for me to shell out money for.

Would LOVE to shell out that hard earned cash on.....I don't know.....AN ALBUM OF NEW MATERIAL!

Just a thought.  Carry on.

Because, of course, you will be forced at gunpoint to buy this DVD whether you want to or not.

It's just terrible how you don't get to have a choice about what to do with your hard-earned money!

Swingandamiss.......