The Official Mike Portnoy Thread

Tick

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 14 2011, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jun 14 2011, 07:56 AM)
Thanks for the hijack...friends. eyesre4.gif

This is a thread for Mikes solo projects. Its not a playbround for bashing Mike.
Seriously... who gives a shit if his vocals were bad? He is a great drummer, and he didn't sing all that much.

Are you guys through?

YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS TRANSGRESSION!!!!! bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif  bd.gif

laugh.gif

I get the feeling Earl will be back in here with the Portnoy bashing, hey it's a way of life!!

trink38.gif

Hahahaha! Classic post Ticky!

It's all good! No more bashing today. I'm off to Jethro Tull.

Bye!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 15 2011, 12:59 AM)
Supposed to be a big announcement today (Wednesday) about the new band...

It better be good...

tongue.gif wink.gif

Mike is starting a band called, The 3 Cookie Monsters. It will be his version of the 3 tenors.

Mike will be one of them along with the guy from Opeth. The mystery is who is the third guy? Stay tuned.

Should be a hoot! atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 15 2011, 06:53 AM)

It better be good...

tongue.gif  wink.gif

Mike is starting a band called, The 3 Cookie Monsters. It will be his version of the 3 tenors.

Mike will be one of them along with the guy from Opeth. The mystery is who is the third guy? Stay tuned.

adrenaline mob?

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 15 2011, 07:53 AM)

It better be good...

tongue.gif  wink.gif

Ah....this is a joke. laugh.gif

I went to see Deep Purple last night in N.Y.C. and who did i see in the lobby ? Portnoy laugh.gif .Tick, you started this thread a few days ago and i meet him 2 x , funny shit. Great show btw, best i saw them since the daze of Blackmore 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 15 2011, 09:50 AM)
I went to see Deep Purple last night in N.Y.C. and who did i see in the lobby ? Portnoy laugh.gif .Tick, you started this thread a few days ago and i meet him 2 x , funny shit. Great show btw, best i saw them since the daze of Blackmore 1022.gif

Is there anyone else you would like to meet? Perhaps I could start a thread about them. laugh.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

I always liked Portnoy's playing, but after a while it seemed like the size of his drumkit got more in the way of his playing...I really liked his earlier playing, and then his playing with Transatlantic, but some of the later DT stuff (not only him) seemed to be a little more about notes, than getting the song across.

I'm hoping that the break puts both entities into a mode where the music doesn't suffer for the notes involved!

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 15 2011, 09:11 AM)
I went to see Deep Purple last night in N.Y.C. and who did i see in the lobby ? Portnoy laugh.gif  .Tick, you started this thread a few days ago and i meet him 2 x ,  funny shit.  Great show btw, best i saw them since the daze of Blackmore 1022.gif

Is there anyone else you would like to meet? Perhaps I could start a thread about them. laugh.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

laugh.gif

Does Steve Morse still play with them?

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Jun 15 2011, 11:39 AM)
I went to see Deep Purple last night in N.Y.C. and who did i see in the lobby ? Portnoy laugh.gif  .Tick, you started this thread a few days ago and i meet him 2 x ,  funny shit.  Great show btw, best i saw them since the daze of Blackmore 1022.gif

Does Steve Morse still play with them?

Yep. I met him, Ian and Roger before the show

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 15 2011, 06:53 AM)

It better be good...

tongue.gif  wink.gif

laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 15 2011, 08:50 AM)

Nice!

trink39.gif

1022.gif

I think the name is very Gay laugh.gif but with these guys playing i am sure it will kick ass. Then agian................... confused13.gif

I'm looking forward to the Steve Morse project more than this, but I'll buy the album to see. Horrible name however.

Edit: Just saw the logo. Hopefully the music will be better.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/adrenalinemoblogo.jpg

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 15 2011, 05:14 PM)
I'm looking forward to the Steve Morse project more than this, but I'll buy the album to see. Horrible name however.

Edit: Just saw the logo. Hopefully the music will be better.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/adrenalinemoblogo.jpg

There's already been a Mob band recently, the one featuring Reb Beach, Doug Pinnick, Kelly keagy, so it's not exactly original either. And it reminds me of Lynch Mob too...

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 15 2011, 05:09 PM)
I think the name is very Gay laugh.gif  but with these guys playing i am sure it will kick ass. Then agian................... confused13.gif

I am a Mike Portnoy fan, though I think his behavior over the last twelve months has been just...odd.

This band name however takes things to a whole new level. Please do not offend 'gay' people by calling this band 'gay.' I think, "Worst Band Name Ever" will do just fine. Seriously, Adrenaline Society (Oh, sorry. Adrenaline Mob)? I'm picturing Kip Winger on bass and vocals, CC DeVille on 'guitar' and that Douche Nozzle from Loverboy on keyboards. How dare they insult the memory of Ronnie James Dio. Try David Coverdale!

Edited by HigherWater