Official Black Country Communion Thread

Maverick

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys were so so necessary...Everything about them screams real-deal 70's Hard Rock outfit...All the songs have some kind of memorable quality to them...

I kinda got into Glenn Hughes right around the time of 2005's Iommi/Hughes...His comeback solo venture - 'Soul Mover' came out right around this time as well...Those two outings had me sold on the guy...

Then, a few years back I went and discovered all the Deep Purple stuff that he was involved in...Turns out, this guy is as BIG as they come...Too bad that his career had so many bumps in the road and missing years due to his overarching cocaine problem...

I just recently got Deep Purple - Phoenix Rising DVD, along with the Black Country Communion - Live Over Europed DVD...

QUOTE (gleeclub @ Mar 9 2012, 12:03 PM)
These guys were so so necessary...Everything about them screams real-deal 70's Hard Rock outfit...All the songs have some kind of memorable quality to them...

I kinda got into Glenn Hughes right around the time of 2005's Iommi/Hughes...His comeback solo venture - 'Soul Mover' came out right around this time as well...Those two outings had me sold on the guy...

Then, a few years back I went and discovered all the Deep Purple stuff that he was involved in...Turns out, this guy is as BIG as they come...Too bad that his career had so many bumps in the road and missing years due to his overarching cocaine problem...

I just recently got Deep Purple - Phoenix Rising DVD, along with the Black Country Communion - Live Over Europed DVD...

Live Over Europe is also available on CD now. Same performances as the DVD. Nice to have it in the car, though.

Glenn has been writing lyrics/songs for the next BCC album. He said the lyrics are dark (kind of in line with the first two albums, especially 2) and that the style will be a continuation of if the first two.

This is not bad at all for a band that I thought would be a one-off project. But Joe said he loved making the first record, and wanted to make 10 when it was all said and done. Hopefully they can keep this ball rolling.

QUOTE (Django @ Mar 15 2012, 06:40 PM)
Glenn has been writing lyrics/songs for the next BCC album. He said the lyrics are dark (kind of in line with the first two albums, especially 2) and that the style will be a continuation of if the first two.

This is not bad at all for a band that I thought would be a one-off project. But Joe said he loved making the first record, and wanted to make 10 when it was all said and done. Hopefully they can keep this ball rolling.

I hope so too, and I really don't see why not..

I don't know how long they're gonna be able to release an album every year though... the first album was out in 2010, "2" came out in 2011, and the third album is expected this year..

I don't think Huges, Sherenian, or Bonham have anything else going on right now, but Bonnamassa has a solo career to attend to though.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 16 2012, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (Django @ Mar 15 2012, 06:40 PM)
Glenn has been writing lyrics/songs for the next BCC album.  He said the lyrics are dark (kind of in line with the first two albums, especially 2) and that the style will be a continuation of if the first two.

This is not bad at all for a band that I thought would be a one-off project.  But Joe said he loved making the first record, and wanted to make 10 when it was all said and done.  Hopefully they can keep this ball rolling.

I hope so too, and I really don't see why not..

I don't know how long they're gonna be able to release an album every year though... the first album was out in 2010, "2" came out in 2011, and the third album is expected this year..

I don't think Huges, Sherenian, or Bonham have anything else going on right now, but Bonnamassa has a solo career to attend to though.

He does, but he loves being in this band, too. I think he is more than happy to spend time recording and touring with them, especially if they keep gaining momentum. He greatly enjoys both.

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Mar 15 2012, 07:40 PM)

I've been spinning the Live Over Europe video a lot lately. As much as I like hearing Joe play the blues, I'm enjoying his playing in BCC a lot more.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 27 2012, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Mar 15 2012, 07:40 PM)
Glenn has been writing lyrics/songs for the next BCC album.  He said the lyrics are dark (kind of in line with the first two albums, especially 2) and that the style will be a continuation of if the first two.

This is not bad at all for a band that I thought would be a one-off project.  But Joe said he loved making the first record, and wanted to make 10 when it was all said and done.  Hopefully they can keep this ball rolling.

I've been spinning the Live Over Europe video a lot lately. As much as I like hearing Joe play the blues, I'm enjoying his playing in BCC a lot more.

trink39.gif

I love it all, except that album he did with Beth Hart, and it wasn't really him that I didn't like.

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Jul 27 2012, 04:06 PM)
Awaiting Your Lion's review of BCC - 2.

I'll need to give it a few more spins...but I definitely love it 1022.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 27 2012, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Jul 27 2012, 04:06 PM)
Awaiting Your Lion's review of BCC - 2.

I'll need to give it a few more spins...but I definitely love it 1022.gif

Check out those keyboard washes on the chorus of Faithless.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/bowdown.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 27 2012, 04:00 PM)
Those two BCC albums rock. Can't wait for the third. Just sent a comp of BCC to a friend, along with a Joe B. mix as well. Another fan born...

trink39.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 1 2012, 10:27 PM)
QUOTE (Black Country Communion Facebook)

Black Country Communion
The New album...........

Worldwide release date of October 30

1022.gif

Don't forget to buy me a copy mate...

wink.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 1 2012, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (Black Country Communion Facebook)

Black Country Communion
The New album...........

Worldwide release date of October 30

1022.gif

zOMG!!!!!11

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Jun 10 2011, 07:57 PM)
Black Country Communion are releasing their second album early next week, and have begun a tour of the U.S. and Europe. I think there is enough to talk about to pull them out of the Joe Bonamassa thread and give them one of their own.

There are a pleasantly surprising number of Bonamassa fans here in TRF. And for those of you who would appreciate his playing more if it was more rock oriented, and less blues oriented, Black Country Communion is that vehicle.

For those who may not know, Black Country Communion are:

Glenn Hughes - Vocals, Bass

Joe Bonamassa - Guitars, Vocals

Derek Sherinian - Keyboards

Jason Bonham - Drums

Band Member Profiles

Damn, I always thought MP was their drummer. Jason's the man? Sweet! I've gotta check these guys out. Glenn is a badass singer. This is true...