Official Black Country Communion Thread

Maverick

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 14 2011, 02:58 PM)
I've got to say, on a first listen this is a very good album.

And the drums are f***ing excellent, best that Jason Bonham has ever been...

I've had this for a few days now and have only had a few listens, but so far I'm gonna say it's stellar! I think I'm gonna really like it.

As for the drums, I'm not sure what has happened to Jason recently, but something has as his playing is top notch. Not that he wasn't good before, but it seems like he's playing like he's finally come into his own, he's moved out of his father's shadow a little and is really shining ... but that's just me

QUOTE (MCM @ Jun 17 2011, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 14 2011, 02:58 PM)
I've got to say, on a first listen this is a very good album.

And the drums are f***ing excellent, best that Jason Bonham has ever been...

I've had this for a few days now and have only had a few listens, but so far I'm gonna say it's stellar! I think I'm gonna really like it.

As for the drums, I'm not sure what has happened to Jason recently, but something has as his playing is top notch. Not that he wasn't good before, but it seems like he's playing like he's finally come into his own, he's moved out of his father's shadow a little and is really shining ... but that's just me

It isn't just you. There are lots of people who are saying Jason has really stepped it up. In fact, he's not just moved out of his father's shadow a little bit, he's stepped out of it completely.

One thing that is interesting - If you listen to his playing on the song Save Me (heck, even everyone else) you'd swear he was trying to sound like his dad. The song has a major Led Zeppelin feel to it. Well, in the album notes, Glenn Hughes said that this was a song that Jason was working on with Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, and John Paul Jones. So on this one song, you can hear Jason when he's trying to sound like his dad. Its the only song on the album that sounds like that. Everything else is Jason being who he is.

-Ender- reporting from the BCC show, I got this awesome little nugget:

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae62/Sullysue67/JoeBonamassasAss.jpg

Nice shoes, Joe. cool.gif

(his ass rocks, too.) wub.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 19 2011, 08:48 PM)

I approve of this.

QUOTE (-Jane- @ Jun 20 2011, 12:30 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 19 2011, 08:48 PM)

Nice shoes, Joe.  cool.gif

I approve of this.

I think God himself would approve of this. laugh.gif

You and I do anyway. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

YAY, to -Ender-! You're the bestest! yes.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 20 2011, 12:48 AM)

I stood right in front of Joe the whole night. I was right at the barrier, and there was no one else in front of me. There was about a 3 foot gap between the barrier and the stage, and then about 3 feet from the from edge the stage to Joe's side of his pedal board. So when he sang his songs, he was about 6 feet away from me. You would have been in heaven. Joe played a lot of his solos semi-facing Jason Bonham (which is what he was doing when I took that picture.) I had that view for pretty much part of every song.

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Jun 20 2011, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 20 2011, 12:48 AM)

Nice shoes, Joe.  cool.gif

I stood right in front of Joe the whole night. I was right at the barrier, and there was no one else in front of me. There was about a 3 foot gap between the barrier and the stage, and then about 3 feet from the from edge the stage to Joe's side of his pedal board. So when he sang his songs, he was about 6 feet away from me. You would have been in heaven. Joe played a lot of his solos semi-facing Jason Bonham (which is what he was doing when I took that picture.) I had that view for pretty much part of every song.

You're right. I WOULD have been in heaven. It sounds (and looks) like you were as close to him as I was to SW for the Porcupine Tree show. Almost close enough to reach out and touch him. Can't wait to read your breakdown of the show. trink39.gif

Found this clip on YouTube today. It is from the show in D.C. The person who recorded it was right behind me, as the top of my head makes several appearances.

laugh.gif

The Battle for Hadrian's Wall

The audio quality isn't that great, but you certainly can hear it. What it really captures is the visual aspect, and especially the power and energy of the show.

Glenn Hughes promised they'd be back after the New Year, and I can't wait!

I'm not sure what would top standing in front of Joe for 2 hours, catching the guitar pick he played the encore with, and then meeting him after the show. Not sure what would be better than that, but I'm willing to find out.

1022.gif

I listened to this album over and over all the way from Pittsburgh to Vegas on the plane, it gets better every time. Absolutely amazing! I knew it would be good before I even heard it, but it far exceeds the first one.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 27 2011, 10:38 PM)

Album Of The Year?

I think maybe so, Earl. yes.gif

But, there is a lot of new music yet to be released.

"Cold" is my favorite. But, for the most part, this CD has the best songwriting I've heard in a long time.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 7 2012, 09:19 PM)
Enjoying the new LIVE album. Joe B has a new DVD out this month and he's also going to have a new solo album in addition to a new BCC record.

I saw last night this thread had been revived!

trink39.gif

I ordered the CD on Amazon the day it came out and got it two days later. It is the same audio as the DVD, and I really love it. The real news to me is what you said about them going into the studio in the summer. That is awesome! By the end of the year we could possibly have the BCC Live CD, Joe's live DVD, and new Joe CD, and a new BCC album.

All I need to be able to rival 2011 is to see Joe and BCC in concert before the year is out. It won't be long before I've seen Joe in concert more times than I've seen Rush.

QUOTE (Django @ Mar 8 2012, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 7 2012, 09:19 PM)
Enjoying the new LIVE album.  Joe B has a new DVD out this month and he's also going to have a new solo album in addition to a new BCC record.

I saw last night this thread had been revived!

trink39.gif

I ordered the CD on Amazon the day it came out and got it two days later. It is the same audio as the DVD, and I really love it. The real news to me is what you said about them going into the studio in the summer. That is awesome! By the end of the year we could possibly have the BCC Live CD, Joe's live DVD, and new Joe CD, and a new BCC album.

All I need to be able to rival 2011 is to see Joe and BCC in concert before the year is out. It won't be long before I've seen Joe in concert more times than I've seen Rush.

Just checked Joe's website, and he's playing in DC on November 24th.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/YcphY.gif