Which album cover

Good,bad,andrush

I don't really know how to phrase this question but I frickin love album covers and i think they really affect the atmosphere of the music. So which rush album cover do you think best represents the music?

For me it's hemispheres, moving pictures, Signals, P/G, and hold your fire

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 15 2011, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 15 2011, 06:24 PM)
Hemi, MP, 2112, RTB, AFTK, Presto

I'd say 2112 but I don't think the b-side goes very well with it.

Yeah. If they were in any particular order 2112 would probably be last on that list.

Hemispheres, the cover is literally what the first song symbolizes. Also, since La Villa is an instrumental, that's all up to interpretation if a person hears another version of Hemisphere's story. Personally I think it fits because when I hear the main riff, I always picture a series of bizarre events on a sky blue background.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 15 2011, 06:33 PM)
Hemispheres, the cover is literally what the first song symbolizes. Also, since La Villa is an instrumental, that's all up to interpretation if a person hears another version of Hemisphere's story. Personally I think it fits because when I hear the main riff, I always picture a series of bizarre events on a sky blue background.

Same, and I feel circumstances fits, especially the bridge. The trees is the forest that seems like it could be int the title track too.

The most otherworldly perfect album cover for me would be the VDGG ones. I love Pawn Hearts and the very first one: Aerosol grey machine.

"Presto". The gray overcast skies and November release fit the feel of the songs on Presto.

Cold ocean winds on "Grace Under Pressure" also fit the feel of that album.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 15 2011, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 15 2011, 06:33 PM)

Same, and I feel circumstances fits, especially the bridge. The trees is the forest that seems like it could be int the title track too.

The most otherworldly perfect album cover for me would be the VDGG ones. I love Pawn Hearts and the very first one: Aerosol grey machine.

If you think about it, S&A could fit too. Since you have the Buddha in the center, you might be tempted to think that it's Neil's way of saying that the views expressed in the album are his "enlightened" way of thinking.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 15 2011, 07:44 PM)
"Presto". The gray overcast skies and November release fit the feel of the songs on Presto.

Took the words right out of my head, CT trink39.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 15 2011, 07:00 PM)
VT cover looks like it would be really noisy if you could hear that fireball cracking, hissing, and popping. I choose VT.

cracking hissing and poping is a great description of the album new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (nealpert @ May 15 2011, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 15 2011, 07:00 PM)
VT cover looks like it would be really noisy if you could hear that fireball cracking, hissing, and popping.  I choose VT.

cracking hissing and poping is a great description of the album new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Sounds like you agree. Why the thumbs down?

If you talk about a-sides only, it's obviously 2112 and Hemispheres. But if were talking whole album, I'd go with Grace Under Pressure. The overall sound is depressing and dystopian and so is the cover.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 15 2011, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 15 2011, 07:44 PM)

Took the words right out of my head, CT trink39.gif

yes.gif