Rush - Dublin,Irl

sanzo

Story so far.

I am not that competent a writer on forums and If I am to start rambling in this post , dont mind me

I am writing this for my own record as today is probaly going to be the best day of my life, i cant think of any other event past or even present that will better what is going to happen today.

Rush are coming to Ireland for the first time and I am feeling so pumped right now as are other Irish rush fans, and there ARE irish rish fans here !

Yesturday, I had the earphones on and tuned into the radio as geddy was on the line to Matt cooper of today fm, Matt is a well known Rush fan and well known on the radio and has mentioned Rush many times recently on the radio, he has stated that Rush in Ireland is "the musical event of the century" it must have been a great feeling for him to actually talk to geddy-

The points I can remember is that Ged favorite albums are PoW SnA and MP and lioves playing his bass so much that he hasent used the keyboards in an album in a while (but you all know that already)

he mentioned how red sector A came about after talking to neil about the events that song is about

He also said thay have never come to Ireland because their managment wouldnt let them! but Ged had alawys asked about coming here

Matt finished the show with far cry

Didnt see many Rush ppl about yesturday except for 3 dutch fans in a rock bar ,they had seen this tour already in the US and had seen them at least 50 times over the years . There will be an after party in Fibbers rock bar after the show, I was in it last night testing the juke box with rush (yes it workd and lots of rush on it!) It isnt a big place so if you are going before/after go early as it will be packed ill be in it from 3pm

I am just buckled with excitment, can hardly think of anythine else coherent to write! I am meeting 2 friends and my sister later then going out and about town, hope to see some of yous out there

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 12 2011, 04:11 PM)
Cosy Toes knows:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/BaldiePete/cf726989.jpg

I hope that t-shirt gets him sticks glocked...

What! No vinyl related 'headwear'? I'm disappointed. sad.gif

laugh.gif

Have a fantastic time everyone who's going tonight!

tongue.gif

Waaaaay better than S&A last night,jeezus was Sir Peart of Drums on fire or what,an absolute corker of a show,feck, i'm still pumped the next morning remembering it all

The boys definately enjoyed it,played their hearts out until the lights went out

What a show

common001.gif

I posted this on another forum so it is just a direct copy of that post.

The gig was out of this world!! The whole thing start to finish, MINDBLOWING!!! Only thing that annoyed me was I was queing since just before half 5. I was in the second row, slightly left of Geddys mic. I turned to the side cause I was chatting to a man called Denis, don't know if he is on here. I meet him at gigs all the time. This Arrogant English tw** wormed his way in front of me when I was talking. He wouldn't move and he was annoying everyone around. I got so much abuse from him when I was asking him to move. Everyone around was sticking up for me so Thanks if any of you are on here too! I was called every name under the sun from this guy, then he tried to bring up his drunken mates too. His excuse for not moving was "It's a rock concert, everyman for himself". He moved just before the the intermission so it was alright from there. I'm only 17 and it was my first time to see Rush and it kinda put a dampner on the beginning of the night.

The woman that had the sign was beside me. He was from Toronto. She was a fan since 1976. 'TO Rocks' means Toronto Rocks she told me. There were these cool guys in front of me. They were following the tour as much as they could. One of the guys, I didn't get his name, Was from the states and he had the Grey Wig, Grey beard and funny teeth and glasses that Geddy had in the video at the intermission. He looked really good. Geddy mouthed down to him "Thats really good man". The whole night was just amazing. Though the crowd were a bit messy during a few songs near the end, Getting thrown around the place, but thats all part of a rock concert!

2 HD videos:

Marathon [As you can see the explosion nearly gave me and my Da a heart attack]:

Spirit Of Radio:

QUOTE (BoatmanCalling @ May 13 2011, 02:30 PM)
I posted this on another forum so it is just a direct copy of that post.

The gig was out of this world!! The whole thing start to finish, MINDBLOWING!!! Only thing that annoyed me was I was queing since just before half 5. I was in the second row, slightly left of Geddys mic. I turned to the side cause I was chatting to a man called Denis, don't know if he is on here. I meet him at gigs all the time. This Arrogant English tw** wormed his way in front of me when I was talking. He wouldn't move and he was annoying everyone around. I got so much abuse from him when I was asking him to move. Everyone around was sticking up for me so Thanks if any of you are on here too! I was called every name under the sun from this guy, then he tried to bring up his drunken mates too. His excuse for not moving was "It's a rock concert, everyman for himself". He moved just before the the intermission so it was alright from there. I'm only 17 and it was my first time to see Rush and it kinda put a dampner on the beginning of the night.

The woman that had the sign was beside me. He was from Toronto. She was a fan since 1976. 'TO Rocks' means Toronto Rocks she told me. There were these cool guys in front of me. They were following the tour as much as they could. One of the guys, I didn't get his name, Was from the states and he had the Grey Wig, Grey beard and funny teeth and glasses that Geddy had in the video at the intermission. He looked really good. Geddy mouthed down to him "Thats really good man". The whole night was just amazing. Though the crowd were a bit messy during a few songs near the end, Getting thrown around the place, but thats all part of a rock concert!

2 HD videos:

Marathon [As you can see the explosion nearly gave me and my Da a heart attack]:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_J5dZH50E

Spirit Of Radio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybaWDBbYNsI

I know Denis! Great guy. Meet him at most gigs, but not last night. Great show!!!

That kind of behaviour really pisses me off. Sorry it happened to you. Hope no one tries that with me tomorrow, cos they'll be leaving without their testicles if they do! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Glad it was a great gig though. Seen some vid on YouTube .. Can't wait!

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ May 13 2011, 05:03 PM)
That kind of behaviour really pisses me off. Sorry it happened to you. Hope no one tries that with me tomorrow, cos they'll be leaving without their testicles if they do! laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'll leave mine at home then!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ May 13 2011, 04:12 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ May 13 2011, 05:03 PM)
That kind of behaviour really pisses me off. Sorry it happened to you. Hope no one tries that with me tomorrow, cos they'll be leaving without their testicles if they do! laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I'll leave mine at home then!! ohmy.gif

Doc I'm sure you're the epitome of a true Scottish gentleman and wouldn't anyway. ... but maybe leave them at home just in case lol

I just don't get that kind of behaviour at a seated gig. It's bloody childish

Here's some pics from the night.

Was my first rush gig and won't be my last. Defiantly the best live performers i have even seen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3004/5714210803_8fbfc13d9e.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3506/5716594674_5c920dfb60.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3460/5714774486_ec58895ff6.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2078/5714776372_f1e7c190f2.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2405/5716599384_bac3fd4fee.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3308/5716041167_92538d6bc9.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2722/5716046119_a1d4fe89c6.jpg

Edited by RonyPonyBoi

Cool pix mate. See Lerxst has gone for the formal first half & casual second half.

Just changed my name from docmilsap to Sarge, it's my nickname so makes it easier........for me!! confused13.gif

Edited by Sarge

Wel, that gig was average at best.

Easily the worst setlist since the resumed touring Yurp again.

Set 1 took a hell of a nosedive after TSoR, only picking up with the last three songs.

Then, wow they play all of MP, BFD, so we get The Camera Eye, but do we need Vital Signs?

Neil had a face like a Bulldog licking piss off a nettle all night, and the lighting rig delivered less than it promised. The intro videos were shite.

On the positive side, Alex looked well into it - even if his guitar work is very Milli Vanilli - and I thought taht Geddy's vocals held up very well (even if others differ in their opinion - and they do)

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 13 2011, 06:33 PM)

Set 1 took a hell of a nosedive after TSoR, only picking up with the last three songs.
Then, wow they play all of MP, BFD, so we get The Camera Eye, but do we need Vital Signs?

Neil had a face like a Bulldog licking piss off a nettle all night, and the lighting rig delivered less than it promised. The intro videos were shite.

On the positive side, Alex looked well into it - even if his guitar work is very Milli Vanilli - and I thought taht Geddy's vocals held up very well (even if others differ in their opinion - and they do)

So you went to the concert...why??

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 13 2011, 07:33 PM)

zzzzzzzzzzzzz schla03.gif

This was my 2nd Rush gig and I thought it was fantastic throughout although I do agree that Vital Signs seemed a bit flat that night. Other than that the opening was superb along with a great stage. Excellent. 2.gif biggrin.gif