quick, dumb question

liddybuck01

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 4 2011, 10:35 PM)
in my itunes "Where's my Thing?" is listed as pt. 4 of the "Gangster of Boats" trilogy. what songs are the other parts?

Noob rush fan biggrin.gif

It's a joke. It says it is part 4 of a trilogy.

But some people like to speculate that the other parts are TMMB, Limbo, and LTTA.

Not calling you dumb or anything, since it took me a while to get the trilogy joke too...but in case you don't get it:

A trilogy should only have three parts. Since it is labeled as part four, it is Rush's way of being funny with us. And it doesn't work biggrin.gif rofl3.gif

Edited by Good,bad,andrush

Im sorry, i dont consider myself a "noob". Just because i dont know every little detail about their entire career doesnt make me less of a fan.

Also, i know what a trilogy is, im not an idiot. I was just asking what, if any, the other songs were.

I know the "fear" series, so i was just trying to figure out what this one was.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 4 2011, 11:21 PM)
Im sorry, i dont consider myself a "noob". Just because i dont know every little detail about their entire career doesnt make me less of a fan.

Also, i know what a trilogy is, im not an idiot. I was just asking what, if any, the other songs were.

I know the "fear" series, so i was just trying to figure out what this one was.

No one is suggesting you're an idiot (actually GBR clearly stated he wasn't calling you dumb). The trilogy thing was explained to you because that's the whole joke in itself, which you admittedly said was a "dumb question."

To give you the simplest answer: Where's My Thing is the only song in the trilogy even though it's listed as Part IV. It's just a joke by the band.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 5 2011, 03:59 AM)
Actually, USB_connector did jokingly call her a noob. wink.gif

You mean GBR, right?

USB_connector hasn't posted in this thread. tongue.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 5 2011, 06:39 AM)

You mean GBR, right?

Yeah it was a friendly joke and I was judging by post count which I read as 61 the first time doh.gif

I'm sorry tongue.gif

And I didn't mean to say anyone was dumb or anything; I just explained it because it took me a while to get it.

You mean GBR, right?

That's funny! Sometimes I get them mixed up because they both play captions and are both going to school but it is more so beecause of the fact that I am getting old. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 5 2011, 06:45 AM)

You mean GBR, right?

That's funny! Sometimes I get them mixed up because they both play captions and are both going to school but it is more so beecause of the fact that I am getting old. biggrin.gif

I don't play captions biggrin.gif

I did once, I won, and That's that wink.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 5 2011, 06:49 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 5 2011, 06:45 AM)

You mean GBR, right?

I don't play captions biggrin.gif

I did once, I won, and That's that wink.gif

Then I was right! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nimitz.net Rush FAQ)
"The Gangster of Boats thing is just.. it's a joke. We've decided tonight that it's not a very funny joke because because people keep asking serious questions about it." -- Geddy Lee, in the January 24, 1994 "Rockline" interview

So, yeah.

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 4 2011, 10:23 PM)
as far as I know there are no other parts of "gangster of boats". It's not like the Fear quadrilogy.

That would be a tetralogy. "Quadrilogy" was never a word.

thanks for the quote. like I said, this was a simple question. was asking if it was a real series, and if so, what the other songs were. I didn't need people to explain to me that it was a joke. I could obviously figure that out by reading "part FOUR of TRILOGY".

QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ May 5 2011, 11:54 AM)
Rush has a strange sense of humour- just like the show of hands video when they edit out Alex's singing in 'La villa' - I forget what the punchline was, but I recall it wasn't very funny.

not to mention all these concert videos they make that are only mildly amusing, but apparently Rush thinks is hilarious.

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 4 2011, 11:09 PM)
most of Rush's "jokes" aren't funny.

I agree. Those vids they had on the S&A tour were not funny .

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 5 2011, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ May 5 2011, 11:54 AM)
Rush has a strange sense of humour- just like the show of hands video when they edit out Alex's singing in 'La villa' - I forget what the punchline was, but I recall it wasn't very funny.

not to mention all these concert videos they make that are only mildly amusing, but apparently Rush thinks is hilarious.

eyesre4.gif