Favorite Cuts of Meat?

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 18 2011, 01:06 PM)
Rib eye is the king of steaks!

Boneless or bone-in?

I prefer the boneless rib eye, I like the Porterhouse if I want a bone in the steak

A GOOD prime rib (too easy to get ahold of one that's too fatty). But good ones are soooo flavorful.

For poultry (no one asked but I'm telling you anyway), I prefer the thighs. More flavor.

As for pork - that's easy: the bacon parts.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 18 2011, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 18 2011, 01:06 PM)
Rib eye is the king of steaks!

Boneless or bone-in?

I prefer the boneless rib eye, I like the Porterhouse if I want a bone in the steak

Boneless Rib eye is my fav.

Beef:

Brisket..... yes, even over Ribeye.. nothing beats a Brisket smoked for 15 hours..

Pork:

Spare Ribs.... I prefer full size spare ribs to baby backs

Chicken:

Breast (Duh, the most versatile, and not a big fan of Dark Meat)

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 18 2011, 03:46 PM)
Beef:

Brisket..... yes, even over Ribeye.. nothing beats a Brisket smoked for 15 hours..

Pork:

Spare Ribs.... I prefer full size spare ribs to baby backs

Chicken:

Breast (Duh, the most versatile, and not a big fan of Dark Meat)

I love good brisket but its hard to replicate at home. I have mixed results with it. I love a bbq brisket sandwich on a Portuguese roll!

Lest we not forget a few marvelous strips of bacon! smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 18 2011, 01:12 PM)
Love the rib eye and porterhouse steaks.

Also love double cut porkchops, Tuna steak, and leg of lamb

Yes. Seared Tuna steak is increadible!

Rib eye and porterhouse both rock! 1022.gif

Hey, speaking of double-cut pork chops, does anyone here have the secret to cooking them perfectly? (I don't mind faintly pink in the center, BTW). It's so easy to wreck them.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 20 2011, 01:01 PM)
Hey, speaking of double-cut pork chops, does anyone here have the secret to cooking them perfectly? (I don't mind faintly pink in the center, BTW). It's so easy to wreck them.

I have 2 favorite ways, and both require a meat thermometer smile.gif

1. I like dipping in apple cider, then in potato flakes and pan frying on a fairly high heat to brown the outsides, just a couple mins on the pan... then baking until the temp says 145. Remove and carry over will get it up to like 150 - 152.

2. marinate in lime juice, salt, honey and some rib rub I have at home. Grill on high diect heat to sear, then move to indirect to cook until, again, the temp is 145.

I most often buy ribeye, so I guess that makes it my favorite. But if steak grew on trees, I'd probably go for the porterhouse. Heck, if it rained steak, why not make it tenderloin...Kobe.

Prime rib or rib eye. I can't stand fat or gristle - if I get a bit of either it will put me right off the whole thing.

I tried Kobe beef once; at a Sushi place they would take a small plate of thin slices and wave a flame over them. My mouth had an oralgasm! yes.gif

I prefer chicken breasts -yes, I'm a breast girl tongue.gif

Bacon (crisp) and a good loin roast from the porcine.

Not a fan of lamb at all.

Fresh ahi sushi - especially toro!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 20 2011, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 20 2011, 01:01 PM)
Hey, speaking of double-cut pork chops, does anyone here have the secret to cooking them perfectly?  (I don't mind faintly pink in the center, BTW).  It's so easy to wreck them.

I have 2 favorite ways, and both require a meat thermometer smile.gif

1. I like dipping in apple cider, then in potato flakes and pan frying on a fairly high heat to brown the outsides, just a couple mins on the pan... then baking until the temp says 145. Remove and carry over will get it up to like 150 - 152.

2. marinate in lime juice, salt, honey and some rib rub I have at home. Grill on high diect heat to sear, then move to indirect to cook until, again, the temp is 145.

#1 sounds incredibly tasty.