Caravan/BU2B 7" LP

L. Wince

Coming this Record Store Day (April 16th) is an exclusive release of Caravan and BU2B on a 7" vinyl LP.

I just found this out yesterday and contacted a record store demanding they order this one. They told me they will. LOL

Just wondering if anyone else knew since I never heard of it mentioned here at all.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep saw this for the UK date too! biggrin.gif Not sure where you'd have to go exactly because I doubt all stores are going to have one of every LP that's on offer.....

Don't want to make a trip only to not be able to find it! I'll have to do some noseying around...

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Apr 6 2011, 09:09 AM)
Not an April Fool's thing, right?

I am ALL over this. Awesome!

Nope. Not an April Fools joke. lol

QUOTE (TwentyOneTwelve @ Apr 6 2011, 09:15 AM)
Yep saw this for the UK date too! biggrin.gif Not sure where you'd have to go exactly because I doubt all stores are going to have one of every LP that's on offer.....

Don't want to make a trip only to not be able to find it! I'll have to do some noseying around...

if you go to www.recordstoreday.com it gives you a list of perticipating record stores. I put in my area code and found a few. you may have to contact the store to ask them to order it as well.

That's what I had to do. There's so many exclusives to be released, im sure that some stores only order certian LP's when requested by a customer.

QUOTE (L. Wince @ Apr 6 2011, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (TwentyOneTwelve @ Apr 6 2011, 09:15 AM)
Yep saw this for the UK date too!  biggrin.gif Not sure where you'd have to go exactly because I doubt all stores are going to have one of every LP that's on offer.....

if you go to www.recordstoreday.com it gives you a list of perticipating record stores. I put in my area code and found a few. you may have to contact the store to ask them to order it as well.

That's what I had to do. There's so many exclusives to be released, im sure that some stores only order certian LP's when requested by a customer.

Ahhh I gottcha, thanks for the info. I shall do that immediately!

This will not be an easy item to get. I am going to give it a try. Contacted my local record shop and he has ordered them but he said he would be shocked if he gets more than one!

I will be there waiting for the door to open as I would love to have this limited release.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 6 2011, 04:17 PM)
I haven't bought any vinyl in ages. I'm gonna try to get one. What do vinyl singles costs these days?

The David Gilmour "Arnold Layne" 7'' single (the one with David Bowie) cost me $5 new, but I've seen stuff ranging around $12 as well.

QUOTE (zogoto @ Apr 6 2011, 06:00 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 6 2011, 04:17 PM)
I haven't bought any vinyl in ages.  I'm gonna try to get one.  What do vinyl singles costs these days?

The David Gilmour "Arnold Layne" 7'' single (the one with David Bowie) cost me $5 new, but I've seen stuff ranging around $12 as well.

Wow. I remember thinking that 12 bucks for a new LP was high. If I find it I'll get it anyway. I have no plans to play it anyway.

I contacted my local record store listed on the website a couple of weeks ago. They told me that they did order the record, but all the Record Store Day releases are very hit and miss, as far as what they will actually receive from the order, They expect to actually get only a fraction of the items they ordered. The best advice that they could give me was to be there when the doors open on the 16th.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about this one now. I don't think I'm gonna be lucky enough to get my hands on one. I will surely try my best though.

On an off chance, I checked amazon.com but no joy there sad.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 14 2011, 09:22 PM)
Depending on price i might pick up a few extras if anyone wants one.

Yes. I'd love one! If you can get an extra, LMK and I'll PayPal you the price.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Apr 14 2011, 10:19 PM)
Ill let you know for sure. Ill probably go as soon as the place opens.

Thank you smile.gif