Banner Ideas?

tripdad

I scored my company's suite for the show so we are going to hang a banner on the outside. The suite is stage left, right next to Geddy. Hoping the banner will make it on the DVD. Looking for some ideas for what to say. We can do a banner 6" inches in height and 12 foot in length.

We plan on printing on both sides of the banner and will turn it around at intermission. I'm thinking for the first set, "RUSH, ECHOING CLEVELAND CONCERT HALLS SINCE 1974" and for the second set, "RUSH...FOREVER IN CLEVELAND'S LIMELIGHT"

Any other suggestions?

I would really like to have another banner maybe on the handrail that we keep throughout the show that says, "RRHOF...PUT ASIDE THE ALIENATION ALREADY!!" or "RRHOF...ARE YOU OBLIVIOUS TO THIS QUALITY, A QUALITY...RUSH!!"

2.gif

I like your RROF ones, I'd go with something like:

"RRHOF better start elevating the norm or the best will never get in"(using a background that says 2.gif )

Or something along the lines of: rofl3.gif

"LOOK 'MA, I'M ON A RUSH DVD"

"I'LL BUY THE DVD IF YOU PUT ME IN IT"

To make the video it will have to be something generic but awesome. Something like "RUSH FOREVER" with pictures and other sort of Rush symbols would definitely make it. Is it just text or basically anything that can fit on the banner?

Neil hates obvious things like "Rush Through Time". You have to be clever. The Atlas Shrugged movie is coming out soon so say something like "Rush Plays Reardon Metal". You know, think about it. Come up with something brilliant. I have killed too many brain cells tonight to be that smart. trink38.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 10 2011, 10:59 PM)
To make the video it will have to be something generic but awesome. Something like "RUSH FOREVER" with pictures and other sort of Rush symbols would definitely make it. Is it just text or basically anything that can fit on the banner?

My buddy owns a print shop so it will be very graphic and professionally done. In fact we are looking for a high resolution image of 2.gif from the debut album.

I think you should have more than two (if possible) and change it every few songs. That may give you a better chance of getting on film. I also like the idea of an Ayn Rand reference. How about a reference to recent economic events, like "RUSH DIDN'T NEED A BAILOUT!"

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Mar 11 2011, 05:20 PM)
I think you should have more than two (if possible) and change it every few songs. That may give you a better chance of getting on film. I also like the idea of an Ayn Rand reference. How about a reference to recent economic events, like "RUSH DIDN'T NEED A BAILOUT!"

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Mar 11 2011, 05:20 PM)

Only planning on changing at intermission. I wouldn't want to distract anyone trying to watch the show. The banner is 12 feet long so it will take a few minutes to change. I don't even take pictures anymore at shows. For the amount of time it takes away from concentrating on the show and the number of decent pictures I get - it's not worth it.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 13 2011, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Mar 11 2011, 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 11 2011, 06:29 PM)
RUTSEY WAS FRAMED!!!

Too soon for JR jokes.

Really? He has not been in the band for more than 35 years...

He also died of a diabetes related heart attack 3 years ago (age 54). The very reason he was kicked from the band. Imagine how much younger he would have died if they kept him around. I'd say it would be a fairly tasteless banner in the band's eyes.

On the other hand, Del_Duio's banner idea is hilarious.

How about:

'Working Man' in Cleveland for 37 years and counting

Works on two levels

1) The songs longevity

2) A testament to the hard working people of Cleveland

You already know they are going to play the song so what a perfect opportunity to for Cleveland to put a stamp on the DVD.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 13 2011, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 13 2011, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Mar 11 2011, 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Mar 11 2011, 06:29 PM)
RUTSEY WAS FRAMED!!!

Too soon for JR jokes.

Really? He has not been in the band for more than 35 years...

He also died of a diabetes related heart attack 3 years ago (age 54). The very reason he was kicked from the band. Imagine how much younger he would have died if they kept him around. I'd say it would be a fairly tasteless banner in the band's eyes.

On the other hand, Del_Duio's banner idea is hilarious.

Really? The day he died, they did not even bother to mention it at the Quad Cities show I was at... I am sure they would take no notice of a banner.