OPENING NIGHT NOT SELLING WELL?

pony2112

QUOTE (masque @ Feb 27 2011, 01:09 PM)
well i didnt get to see the first leg so i am pretty excited that they arent changing the setlist......i was really bummed i didnt get to see them first time around.

I don't think they'll be a problem! It will sell out by the timethe concert draws near!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

As for the set list, don't take Alex's rants as fact they still might change something here or there!

confused13.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Feb 28 2011, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (masque @ Feb 27 2011, 01:09 PM)
well i didnt get to see the first leg so i am pretty excited that they arent changing the setlist......i was really bummed i didnt get to see them first time around.

I don't think they'll be a problem! It will sell out by the timethe concert draws near!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

As for the set list, don't take Alex's rants as fact they still might change something here or there!

confused13.gif

this is old news from riab but...

Sometime in the next couple of weeks Rush will be getting together to begin rehearsals for the 2011 leg of their Time Machine Tour which kicks off on March 30th in Florida. Much to the chagrin of many fans (although most seem ok with it), the band has decided to keep the set identical to the 2010 tour which Alex Lifeson first revealed in his Planet Rock interview earlier this month and recently elaborated on in a Gibson.com interview:

... We're going to do another 38 or 40 shows on this [tour], made up of three runs, kind of East and West Coasts, and then Europe and the U.K. in May. So it was kind of important that we continue the set just as it is - particularly in Europe and the U.K., 'cause they're kind of expecting what Time Machine was over here. So we've been tempted to change out a few songs, but we decided that we would keep everything intact. And we're really not hitting a lot of the markets that we've already played on the last tour. We're really picking up a lot of other places and certainly that whole month that we're spending in Europe is new. ...

it doesn't sound promising that they will change anything especially since they are going to europe. we'll see on march 30th but i'm not optimistic.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 24 2011, 11:51 AM)
this could be the first time I've missed any leg of any tour since AFTK.

ohmy.gif set list; schmet list! what are you going to do?? sit home and watch a dvd?!?! eh.gif

2.gif is touring, for cryin out loud! pokey.gif 1022.gif

btw, you still owe me a martini tongue.gif martini_shaken.gif

let's party! 653.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Feb 28 2011, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 24 2011, 11:51 AM)
this could be the first time I've missed any leg of any tour since AFTK.

ohmy.gif set list; schmet list! what are you going to do?? sit home and watch a dvd?!?! eh.gif

2.gif is touring, for cryin out loud! pokey.gif 1022.gif

btw, you still owe me a martini tongue.gif martini_shaken.gif

let's party! 653.gif

yes.gif goodpost.gif

I went to the Ozzy show at the Bank Atlantic Center a couple weeks ago and checked at the box office for more Rush tickets in the 300 sections, they told me that none were available.

Ozzy W/Slash didn't come close to filling this place. We had tix in the 407 section and were upgraded to the 105 section once we arrived.

KK

Yes, I was hoping for a Rush show at the new Orlando Arena too. But, I will make the drive to Ft. Lauderdale for sure!! Rental car booked (don't need more mileage on my car), hotel booked, ready for a 2.gif

No one has seen the second leg of this tour yet so we will not know if the set will change until March 30th!

I remember Alex on the radio during the Counterparts tour saying they won't be playing any older material, I think they enjoy messing with everyone, gets us talking about it.

If it's the same set who cares, if you're a TRUE Rush fan each live performance is unique in it's own way.

I enjoyed the Tampa show this past October but I took the whole family, enjoyed watching my 4 year old at his first Rush concert more than watching the band that night so I'm looking forward to seeing the show without distraction.

Counting the days... now less than a month 653.gif

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Feb 19 2011, 03:36 PM)
Portland's selling really, really well. The lower level is completely full (when searching for 2 tix) and the 2nd level has only seats clear on the outer edges available. Way to represent Oregon and S.W. Washington!!

what responsibility does TicketBasturd have to tell you what seats are actually sold?

they call seats available, but

my concern is that they might not open for sale the whole venue at once.

Rather, they might strategically display various seats for sale at their discretion unsure.gif

thus, hyping folks into purchasing the less than optimal seats for primo prices.

they can't be trusted dazed025.gif

...not that i've EVER been Front Row sad.gif b_sigh.gif

but i've attempted pre-sale and auction,

and never had better seats than those i purchased 5 minutes after the show started. eh.gif

so when you tell me a show is selling well, please include your source. smile.gif thx.

I haven't missed a leg of a Rush tour since Counterparts back in '94 but am sitting this second leg out. High ticket prices, them not going anywhere near Boise as usual, and not changing the setlist at all make three strikes!

I need a ticket. I also live in Orlando area so if anyone wants to car pool we can do that as well. looking for floor seat...HELP!

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Feb 19 2011, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (pony2112 @ Feb 19 2011, 12:34 PM)
Whats up Florida? I have been checking ever so often, and you can still get good seats in the lower level.

Maybe they're charging too damn much and people already saw them last year. Maybe they could change up the setlist??? doh.gif

Common sense. Good ringer-dinger post.

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 24 2011, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (pony2112 @ Feb 19 2011, 01:34 PM)
Whats up Florida? I have been checking ever so often, and you can still get good seats in the lower level.

People in Florida suck? confused13.gif

They think they have more important things to do like smuggle drugs, eat early bird specials, golf, or sit on beaches. Yeah, they think there all that and a bag of chips. atickhum.gif

That's one of the stupidest thing I've heard someone say in some time here.

I'll be there 3rd time for this tour. I'm off highway 441(Wellington) straight drive down to Sunrise and we have distractions just like any other part of this country. It should sell out I'll let you know Ok, I'll be at the beach before I head out to the show tanned and all.

peace