"Top Shot"

Mara

This is the coolest show! It takes marksmanship to a new level. Yes, it's a reality show and someone does get "voted off" at the end of each show, but with a twist: two people from the losing team are nominated and they then face off in a marksmanship contest. One week it was slingshots; still another episode featured crossbows.

The contestants all have impressive credentials - there are members of national rifle teams and military snipers, among others. It's fun to see them take on a new challenge with unfamiliar weapons.

Can't believe I missed this, as much History Channel as I watch. Season 1 is in the bag and Season 2 is about to start. . .

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 8 2011, 10:18 AM)
This is the coolest show! It takes marksmanship to a new level. Yes, it's a reality show and someone does get "voted off" at the end of each show, but with a twist: two people from the losing team are nominated and they then face off in a marksmanship contest. One week it was slingshots; still another episode featured crossbows.

The contestants all have impressive credentials - there are members of national rifle teams and military snipers, among others. It's fun to see them take on a new challenge with unfamiliar weapons.

Can't believe I missed this, as much History Channel as I watch. Season 1 is in the bag and Season 2 is about to start. . .

Of course I love this show and can't wait for the second season premiere tonight!

The only part of the show I didn't like was when they started plotting about who to get rid of and who to keep. The show shouldn't be about politics, it should be about who is the best marksman as Mike Seeklander proved by being stand-up and agreeing to be the first to go. Period. For the most part, those of us in the "gun community" are pretty old-fashioned and still believe in honor, integrity, and truth so I hope that the contestants on this show will exemplify that.

I quite like this show and the idea behind it, but I feel it suffers from the all too common 'reality show syndrome' in which they blow stupid scripted drama way out of proportion and make the show into something it's not.

It's like a nice day at the range meets "The Real World" or "Survivor" - sort of a toss-up if you ask me. confused13.gif

Echoing Jack n Ted. I thought it'd be more than just another scripted reality show. I hope it might evolve into more marksmanship skill and competition rather than competition over who the bigger 'b" is

^^^ x3

Add me to those who liked the competition among the marksmen (and lady), but not among the personalities.

I recorded the first episode of season 2; not yet watched it.

Remember last season the episode with the event where they had to toss the object (melon or can - can't remember which). Anyway - I saw my son tossing pieces of bark mulch and trying it with his airsoft pistol. I was doing some work on the deck 90 degrees to him and I see/hear this airsoft bb come flyng by as I hear him go :"I hit it!" It wasn't entirely luck - he is a good shot. He got his first tube of steel bb's (for his real bb-gun) paid for when I bet him he couldn't hit a ping-pong ball on a string from some 25 feet out. First shot - scouts honor. wink.gif

I have last night's DVR'd for later.

I don't care much for the behind-the-scenes/off-the-range stuff either, but for me that's easily ignored.

QUOTE (GuitarKid 1880 @ Aug 9 2011, 08:08 PM)
Sorry to bump this, but the 3rd season starts in about an hour here on the East coast, and I wanted to know if anyone intends on watching it.

Yep, saw it.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 17 2011, 08:54 AM)
I know the new one is up tomorrow, but just wanted to say I'm glad Jake is gone. Hard to believe he was a Navy Seal as unstable mentally as he was.

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/bios/jake-zweig

I've got $100 that says that he wasn't really a seal. The military beats team work into your head. That guy couldn't spell team if you spotted him the "T" and "E".

My wife likes this show, and last week when we were watching it, my wife says "That Jake guy is an asshole. I hope he doesn't get a rose". biggrin.gif

This show amazes me. Not only can these guys shoot, but they can do it with weird configurations and with weapons they are fairly unfamiliar with.

I've gone pistol shooting once, and my accuracy was pretty poor. I hit the target every time, but never had any good groupings.