nine inch nails

racefaceec90

my all time favourite band/musician.before i'm cast off the rush forum forever,please let me explain. rush are still one of my all time favourite bands (and always will be). for me though nine inch nails have seen me through some pretty dark times (have suffered with long term depression/anxiety for many years).i find that trent's music can speak to me/relate to those feelings,in ways that no other music has done.it just seems to connect.the anger,darkness,passion,lonliness of his music resonates with me hugely (along with lots of other people,as on the nin web site e.t.c).i just wondered what other people have felt about his music? p.s if i do not reply,am not trying to be rude (just that my internet credit is nearly finished 3G P.A.Y.G mobile broadband,am unemployed at present so cannot afford any more until a week thursday)

QUOTE (Ultra @ Jan 17 2011, 12:04 PM)
QUOTE (VarianStar @ Jan 17 2011, 05:38 AM)
Reznor is a hack and his "music" is a joke.

Dont be jealous

laugh.gif

So excited for this.

“I’ve been less than honest about what I’ve really been up to lately. For the last year I’ve been secretly working non-stop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly f***ing great. This is the real impetus and motivation behind the decision to assemble a new band and tour again. My forays into film, HTDA and other projects really stimulated me creatively and I decided to focus that energy on taking Nine Inch Nails to a new place. Here we go!”

http://nineinchnails...what-ive-really

Also, I just wanted to mention that the new How To Destroy Angels album is really good. It's basically NIN with female vocals which is a really cool thing imo.

Edited by adace1

No biggie. I actually wasn't into this band myself for a while until I listened to The Fragile. Brilliant record.

What did you think of Downward?

I think it's a pretty good record and I enjoy for it for what it is, but Reznor matured a lot with The Fragile in terms of focusing more on emotional, dark, atmospheric songwriting. That's the side of NIN that appeals to me the most.

Oh, NIN was on the soundtrack of my veeerrrryyyy dark teenage years. I understand completely lol.

I was STOKED when I heard about the new album!! They did a good job hiding it from people :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/93/Nine_Inch_Nails_-_Hesitation_Marks_album_art.jpg/600px-Nine_Inch_Nails_-_Hesitation_Marks_album_art.jpg

Love it!

There's a new album coming out in September. Hesitation marks.

I miss the old forums. I wish they would bring them back. Memories...

Don't know what you got till it's gone.

NIN Musings

Q: What did Trent Reznor say when Donald Trump won the election?

A: I tried. I gave up.

Q: What is it that bothers Trent so much about Donald Trump?

A: His “empire of dirt.”

Q: Why has Trent never collaborated with Kanye West?

A: Kanye has a Head Like a Hole.

Q: What is Trent’s nickname for a Republican convention?

A: March of the Pigs.

Q: What did Trent Reznor do when a Westboro Baptist rang his doorbell?

A: Trent gave him The Slip.

Q: What did Trent do after his friend David Bowie died?

A: He came back haunted.

Q: What did Trent do after his friend Chris Cornell died?

A: He found himself A Warm Place.

Q: What is Trent’s nickname for Justin Trudeau?

A: Mr. Self Destruct.

Q: What does Trent really think of Justin Trudeau?

A: He bites the hand that feeds.

Q: What will Trent’s next film score be?

A: Star Wars Episode X: Starf**kers

Edited by Boots