Madison Square Garden

N.O.RUSH

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 8 2010, 02:13 PM)
i had no intentions of putting my money down on a ticket but it seems i will be forced to go since they will be buying the tickets. eh.gif

With an attitude like that, why are you even bothering to go? confused13.gif

Oh well, I guess you could always take one long bathroom break and skip the whole show. confused13.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 8 2010, 04:12 PM)
i have family coming into town around the time of this show and they want to go.  just what i didn't want to here.  i had no intentions of putting my money down on a ticket but it seems i will be forced to go since they will be buying the tickets.  eh.gif

Lighten up nancy laugh.gif It's a great show in your own back yard . Shine up the walking stick and get to steppin

maybe i can get them to sweeten the offer by buying me a steak dinner before the show. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Dec 8 2010, 05:03 PM)
i had no intentions of putting my money down on a ticket but it seems i will be forced to go since they will be buying the tickets.  eh.gif

With an attitude like that, why are you even bothering to go? confused13.gif

Oh well, I guess you could always take one long bathroom break and skip the whole show. confused13.gif

well the party i might go with already saw the show once and i didn't want to go because of the weak setlist. if they definitely come in around that time it's because they want to see the show at msg and i would have to go. don't worry if i can't persuade them from coming here at a different time, which it doesn't look likely, i will be taking more than my share of bathroom breaks.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Dec 7 2010, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Dec 7 2010, 09:20 PM)
I got section 87 tickets... I didn't know the presale was yesterday until it was too late... I don't care though. It's Madison Square Garden! And I'll be sure to get great tickets for Austin this summer!  2.gif

I am planning on Austin as well. Knowing my Texas Rush buddies, I am sure there will be an epic tale gate or get-together before the show. 1022.gif 1022.gif

1022.gif trink39.gif And I'm hoping Zilker Park... I think that would be awesome.

QUOTE (lazerus @ Dec 9 2010, 10:01 AM)
Can someone hook me up with a presale code? My email has dissappeared ... sad.gif

The "Internet" presale code is: tribute

I just got tickets in sect. 309 653.gif

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Dec 5 2010, 09:55 PM)
This is where The Song Remains the Same was filmed, right? From the film it looks like a big venue. As hallowed as it is, I wonder about the acoustics. I saw Clapton at a similar sized arena and it sounded like he was playing in the bottom of a garbage can. Hope MSG sounds better. Radio City would Rock. Been there and the sound is fantastic.

Yes, Zep at its best. TSRTS was filmed on 2 nights at MSG in 1973. It is a great venue for any show.

My favorite venue of all-time by a mile. The sound, the look of arena itself (particularly the roof design), the site of so many classic shows, and most of all the electricity/buzz. Fantastic. There's nothing like MSG IMO. Edited by greg2112

MSG is, outside of Canada, the greatest place to see Rush. That said, and be advised, the arena is not going to be "sold out" per se. They are not, at this time selling the 400 level seats at all so the place is going to look empty. Last time they played there they only sold up to the 300's and it didn't sell out.

I would advise the following - Buy a cheaper seat and bring $20 per person for an usher closer to the stage. Blue jackets are the guys you are looking for.

The tix for this show are insanely expensive but seeing as they aren't getting any younger.....

QUOTE (Oziumrules @ Dec 9 2010, 12:20 PM)
This is where The Song Remains the Same was filmed, right? From the film it looks like a big venue. As hallowed as it is, I wonder about the acoustics. I saw Clapton at a similar sized arena and it sounded like he was playing in the bottom of a garbage can. Hope MSG sounds better. Radio City would Rock. Been there and the sound is fantastic.

Yes, Zep at its best. TSRTS was filmed on 2 nights at MSG in 1973. It is a great venue for any show.

I thought it was 3 nights

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 9 2010, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (Oziumrules @ Dec 9 2010, 12:20 PM)

I thought it was 3 nights

You are correct. July 27-29 1973

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Dec 9 2010, 06:03 PM)
MSG is, outside of Canada, the greatest place to see Rush. That said, and be advised, the arena is not going to be "sold out" per se. They are not, at this time selling the 400 level seats at all so the place is going to look empty. Last time they played there they only sold up to the 300's and it didn't sell out.

I would advise the following - Buy a cheaper seat and bring $20 per person for an usher closer to the stage. Blue jackets are the guys you are looking for.

The tix for this show are insanely expensive but seeing as they aren't getting any younger.....

i thought radio city sounded better and they should have played there instead of msg. they would sell out radio city but not msg.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 9 2010, 07:44 PM)

i thought radio city sounded better and they should have played there instead of msg. they would sell out radio city but not msg.

Who cares where they play? I'm just glad they're back in NY yes.gif

I've sen Rush there before & to be honest, these prices are getting out of control. I am very particular about being relatively close to the stage for any show- I like to see what's going on, I'm not all about the party. So for this to happen at MSG, it would cost $198 for the tix, plus train ride, booze, food, etc- I'm looking at at least a $300 night. Now I love Rush, they are my favourite band, but this is out of control I'm sorry...

I saw them at Holmdel this year and the tickets cost me roughly almost $400.....looks like I'm gonna have to buy the cheaper seats this go around. Sad reality but I promised myself that if there was 2 legs of this tour, I'd go to both legs somehow and even with the cheaper seats, I think it'll be worth it. Hopefully, the setlist will be slightly different and have 2-4 songs swapped out to spice things up a bit.

QUOTE (Natch @ Dec 9 2010, 08:45 PM)

THIS! goodpost.gif

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 10 2010, 12:24 AM)
I saw them at Holmdel this year and the tickets cost me roughly almost $400.....looks like I'm gonna have to buy the cheaper seats this go around. Sad reality but I promised myself that if there was 2 legs of this tour, I'd go to both legs somehow and even with the cheaper seats, I think it'll be worth it. Hopefully, the setlist will be slightly different and have 2-4 songs swapped out to spice things up a bit.

Brother and I got cheap seats this time around...and I'm cool with it. MSG is, as stated, a great place to see a show. I've got a good view, and the vibe is gonna be on fire. Looking forward to it!

QUOTE (Natch @ Dec 9 2010, 08:45 PM)

you have a point and i'm not the one forking out the cash, but if i had to choose i would pick radio city and i'd rather play at a sold out venue than empty seats at msg.

QUOTE (N.O.RUSH @ Dec 15 2010, 11:29 AM)
Is msg sold out???

No. They have the 300 & 400 sec

MSG is not sold out. They have 300's and 400's remaining. Sleeper though is to select "promenade box seats" They are actually on the 300 level, they are their own row and they're at the 400 level price ($62.90). They will show as section " north " which is simply the north side of the arena. I got mine yesterday. As of this morning, section 342 was the "best available" by TM standards and if you select the 400 level it was almost behind the stage on Alex's side. 2.gif