50" Plasma Panasonic Viera

third hand grace

just bought this and will be hooking it up over the weekend.

Anyone own one?

I got a 42" LCD Viera

I like the interface, and is real easy to use, and to set up.......

I don't like plasmas too much as a gamer and a sports fan the "burn in" might be a problem down the road, and plasmas use more energy than LCD's or LEDs. The refresh rate is awesome on Plasmas, but hardly notice the difference on my LCD.

I would have rather gone LED, but the LCD is all I could afford at the moment..

But as far as the Viera brand goes....... no qualms... very user friendly.

I've been shopping for an LCD TV the past few months. Costco sells the Vieras at good prices and I did some research on them, and got mixed reviews. A few of the negative ones were complaining mainly about the HDMI inputs going bad after a short amount of time.

The Vieras had plenty of good reviews, too.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 27 2010, 04:50 AM)
I've been shopping for an LCD TV the past few months. Costco sells the Vieras at good prices and I did some research on them, and got mixed reviews. A few of the negative ones were complaining mainly about the HDMI inputs going bad after a short amount of time.

If you are in the market for an LCD TV, check out the Samsungs. I have a 46" Samsung LCD and the picture is nothing short of amazing.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 27 2010, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 27 2010, 04:50 AM)

If you are in the market for an LCD TV, check out the Samsungs. I have a 46" Samsung LCD and the picture is nothing short of amazing.

+1 on the lcd samsungs.

also on the sony trinitron crt's. i won't get rid of it until it dies.

Plasma? Not very reliable, but if you manage to own one that doesn't get dangerously hot, or is not going to get screen burn-in, more power to you.

I'm getting a large (don't know exactly how large, or what brand, but it's big bastard; I've seen the box it came in) LED TV for Christmas smile.gif

QUOTE (Astromancer @ Dec 17 2010, 02:39 PM)
Plasma? Not very reliable, but if you manage to own one that doesn't get dangerously hot, or is not going to get screen burn-in, more power to you.

I'm getting a large (don't know exactly how large, or what brand, but it's big bastard; I've seen the box it came in) LED TV for Christmas smile.gif

Most of those issues have been resolved especially with Panasonic Plasma's - I just bought the Viera g20 50" plasma - I bought it because it was half the price as an LED and a better picture in my opinion - the darks are crisp and sharper with the Infinite Black Panel - I did my research and the power consumption only adds a couple of dollars per year to run the plasma's and burn in is rarely a problem as long as you don't pause a video or game for 24 hours -

I love the picture, after spending time watching it I think I made the right choice for me.

I do not play video games, although wii will be hooked up for occasional times.

I watch movies, and tons of football (for work). It has been great for me.

Thanks for your responses.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 29 2010, 02:02 AM)
When are we going to see a 100" screen for the average TV consumer??

ohmy.gif

Wow we already have them...

Ok then let me rephrase the question...when are you plasma junkies gonna bag yourself a 100 inch TV??

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Dec 29 2010, 02:01 PM)
GO SAMSUNG

Go with what looks best at the store, where you can compare them side by side. That's what I did, and that is why I bought the Samsung.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 29 2010, 03:04 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 29 2010, 02:02 AM)
When are we going to see a 100" screen for the average TV consumer??

ohmy.gif

Wow we already have them...

Ok then let me rephrase the question...when are you plasma junkies gonna bag yourself a 100 inch TV??

biggrin.gif

I don't have a 100" screen but do have a 73" Mitsu DLP that has an awesome picture.

It fills your entire field of vision when sitting on the couch in front of it.

cool.gif

QUOTE (Astromancer @ Dec 17 2010, 02:39 PM)

I'd like to know where you get your information about the reliability of plasma. I've been selling and installing them for 10 years with my own company and find your comments a little specious.

My Viera is so good it has some nice burn in going on (2 years old with moderate usage).........a friend had the same after less than 2 years too. Won't ever be buying another Panasonic Plasma.......I love my 2 LCD's though.