Rush track for my wedding

youngsod

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL i just got married a month and a half ago. my wife said no Rush, but at the reception I went to the DJ and had him sneak in La Villa Strangiato. HAHA

I agree with The Weapon - Panacea from Fountain of Lamneth. It is beautiful and touching - wouldn't offend anyone, would make your future wife feel like a princess, and I think is a perfect first dance song. Print off the lyrics for her, let her read it a few times, make her a copy of Caress of Steel and let Rush do their magic from there.

QUOTE (youngsod @ Nov 4 2010, 04:09 AM)
Granted permission? Hell yes. I know my place in this wedding juggernaut To be quite fair though, I did get to choose Philip Glass's Metamorphosis One for the signing the register music (one for us BSG fans) and the table names are moons of the solar system. I'm sure I was allowed something else mind...

There has to be Rush in the intermission music, it wouldn't be me without it. There's other stuff which means a lot to me - The Smiths, The Stone Roses and New Young Pony Club, but I simply cannot miss out the trio who remain, 24 years after I first hear them, my favourite band. Besides I'm known amongst my chums as an unrepentant Rush fan and I don't like to disappoint! Plus it must me said that Emma's taste in music is terrible, and I need to balance that out.

It's just for some reason everything I think of is just not quite right: Natural Science for example I utterly love but I can't justify 9 odd minutes, Subdivisions just doesn't fit at a wedding alas and 2112 may have me grinning like the happiest of bunnies but isn't going to go down well at a posh wedding in Cambridge.

I like the Entre Nous suggestion, and also Time Stand Still. Hold Your Fire was the first Rush album that came out after I discovered them ( I remember constantly visiting the record shop to see if it had been released in the UK yet).

Keep the suggestions coming, the more eclectic the better.

I should just say sod it and play Der Trommler...

Philip Glass Metamorphosis! Nice! Not sure what Rush song would work. I played no Rush at either of my weddings.

I made 3 CD's of music for our wedding... my wife did pick quite a few of the tunes.

But... here's the list of tune that were played during the ceremony...

Laguna Sunrise-Black Sabbath

Scarlett Pimpernell-Black Sabbath

Let's Stay Together- Al Green

The acoustic half of New Religion- Black Label Society

...Hope- Rush

Alex knocked it out of the park as far as vibe goes with this song. And, what better title?

Oh, I hope this reply isn't too late...

I'd say either "Entre Nous" or "Ghost of a Chance". Of those two I prefer the former, but of course those are just my suggestions. I think they'd fit the occasion quite well!

Archived