The Gift

2112Oracle

Any of you find Rush to be your non pill for that thing of the month?

I have just discovered that Geddy's voice soothes the cramps and all.

Alex's guitar riffs actually help with all the emotions.

Neil's lyrics give me relaxation and the drumming makes it easier.

Well, that's for me, anyways.

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Oct 9 2010, 04:18 PM)

Absolutely, my dear. I couldn't have said it better myself. hug2.gif

God knows I loathe "the gift"/"that thing," but Rush aleviates the crappiness in some way. For that, I am grateful. heart.gif

Without Rush, I'd be one vengeful and bitter woman every other month. waffen093.gif

Don't think we want that. tongue.gif

Rush is one of my biggest hobbies - i love them very much and they bring me joy. Also, Rush is my escape from the various challenges of life. Their music, DVD's, cruising the net and TRF, or any other form of Rush are all theraputic whenever i am struggling. They are the best medicine for me, i always feel better after.

I don't know if it could be called a gift, but it's certainly a flaming curse; it hurts for days on end every month. This is going to sound weird, but what seems to help is imagining Ged cuddling me hug2.gif b_sigh.gif Edited by Babycat

This is one of those months where NOBODY of the male persuasion needs to be around me. My poor husband is walking on eggshells, convinced I'm going to kill him and hide his body under the front porch!

This is one of those months where NOBODY of the male persuasion needs to be around me. My poor husband is walking on eggshells, convinced I'm going to kill him and hide his body under the front porch!

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Oct 9 2010, 02:18 PM)

I think Geddy's voice fixes almost anything! It is so sexy and soothing.

It really helps me out when I'm mad or upset.

QUOTE (BellaCheval @ Oct 10 2010, 11:20 PM)

Actually, I think I know what you mean - indescribable moodswings/pain means that sometimes you just don't want ANYONE touching you, & you end up losing your temper for no real reason. Unfortunately, while we have to go through it, I'm sure there are some of us that are lucky enough to never have to suffer. I've lost my temper on several occasions & sometimes I end up suffering in silence.

I hear you, Bella. hug2.gif

Really, I have nothing against hugs, especially hugs from my dad, but when that damn time arrives, physical contact of any kind is forbidden. Sometimes I wanna say, "Touch me and your hands will never touch anything again." angry.gif

Most of the time, I am quite calm and seem to have a very gentle temperament. But in truth, I have a nasty temper (when provoked) and a short fuse. At no other time is this true than when "that thing" pays a visit. Stay out of my way and stay away from my bad side. That's all you can do. unsure.gif

Right now, I'm single and loving every moment of it. I don't see that changing anytime soon. That way no other person has to handle both me and Mother Nature's curse. It's much easier that way. The less you have, the less you worry about. tongue.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Oct 11 2010, 02:30 PM)

Really, I have nothing against hugs, especially hugs from my dad, but when that damn time arrives, physical contact of any kind is forbidden. Sometimes I wanna say, "Touch me and your hands will never touch anything again." angry.gif

Most of the time, I am quite calm and seem to have a very gentle temperament. But in truth, I have a nasty temper (when provoked) and a short fuse. At no other time is this true than when "that thing" pays a visit. Stay out of my way and stay away from my bad side. That's all you can do. unsure.gif

Right now, I'm single and loving every moment of it. I don't see that changing anytime soon. That way no other person has to handle both me and Mother Nature's curse. It's much easier that way. The less you have, the less you worry about. tongue.gif

I also hear you, BellaCheval.

Hugs are also another great comfort, for me, at least. I love it, I don't know why, it just makes the pain subside a little bit longer.

Wow, Kahme, who knew you would say something like that? eyesre4.gif

laugh.gif

Anyways...Yes, you are very calm, at times. Just not when I mention the worst thing to come out of Canada's name....*COUGH COUGH* Bieber *COUGH COUGH*

I will keep that in mind. I think that one time when Comcast.net was doing a Mother Nature on me. laugh.gif

I just got together with my new boyfriend last saturday, and I love him. At least he's aware it's my "thing" right now. biggrin.gif

Don't kill me, Kahme, but his name's Gary and likes to go by Geddy.... eh.gif

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Oct 11 2010, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Oct 11 2010, 02:30 PM)

I also hear you, BellaCheval.

Hugs are also another great comfort, for me, at least. I love it, I don't know why, it just makes the pain subside a little bit longer.

Wow, Kahme, who knew you would say something like that? eyesre4.gif

laugh.gif

Anyways...Yes, you are very calm, at times. Just not when I mention the worst thing to come out of Canada's name....*COUGH COUGH* Bieber *COUGH COUGH*

I will keep that in mind. I think that one time when Comcast.net was doing a Mother Nature on me. laugh.gif

I just got together with my new boyfriend last saturday, and I love him. At least he's aware it's my "thing" right now. biggrin.gif

Don't kill me, Kahme, but his name's Gary and likes to go by Geddy.... eh.gif

If you want a hug during this time of "that thing," I have plenty of them to give. They're free. wink.gif

I am certainly much calmer than most teenagers. Especially the girls. No pointless drama. eyesre4.gif

*Kahme's eyes go wide and she snarls at the mention of the name Beiber*

*She pulls out a huge machine gun from behind her back*

Where is that she-male?! I'll kill him!!! I'll end it now!!! waffen093.gif

*She snaps out of it*

Whoa. Sorry about that. I...just had one of my random, PMS-induced violent episodes. That happens every once in a while. Don't be afraid. At least I didn't harm anyone this time. unsure.gif

Just stay away from the potentially homicidial part of me and we'll have no problems. biggrin.gif

I would never kill you, Courtney. hug2.gif

No offense to you, but I have no interest at all in the male persuasion. I have nothing against them as friends, but I don't want one as a mate. Even if he went by Geddy. tongue.gif

I'm weird like that. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 6 2010, 10:20 AM)
Thanx, NobodysHeroine  hug2.gif  heart.gif  rose.gif
Let me know if you ever need a  hug2.gif too sometime.  smile.gif

You are most welcome, love. Anything for a fellow Rushian. And a female Rushian, too. wink.gif

I'll probably need a hug sometime in the next week or so. I have a feeling that "the gift" will arrive soon. angry.gif

But I am still prepared. *Sharpens large butcher knife and laughs maniacally*

Mother Nature won't be wanting to come to my house anymore. waffen093.gif

ph34r.gif

Sorry about that. angel.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 6 2010, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 6 2010, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 10 2010, 04:04 AM)
unsure.gif a thread about Rush and the curse??? Really??? confused13.gif

My thoughts exactly...

Same here. facepalm.gif

It wasn't me who started this thread about Rush & the "gift"(!) confused13.gif

Well, I had a hysterectomy a couple of years ago so I don't get...um... Aunt Flo. But I get all the other lovely symptoms, especially PMS.

Sometimes I get so twisted up and angry at everything.... Loud music helps with that. Any loud music but right now, since most of my playlist consists of Rush, that's the loud music I listen to. Songs like Driven, Far Cry, One Little Victory... you know, the thrashing, shredding stuff. Helps get it out of my system.

waffen093.gif rage.gif comp26.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 7 2010, 03:37 AM)
QUOTE (garbo @ Nov 6 2010, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 6 2010, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Oct 10 2010, 04:04 AM)
unsure.gif a thread about Rush and the curse??? Really??? confused13.gif

My thoughts exactly...

Same here. facepalm.gif

It wasn't me who started this thread about Rush & the "gift"(!) confused13.gif

*hugs* It's okay, dear. I'm a little smug about another thread, but I'm not going to say anything. *hugs again*

Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything last night, but I've decided to. Ugh, here I go - I know I'm going to be unpopular and hated once again in life, but 1) I'm used to it and 2) I am who I am - someone who can't keep her mouth shut.

I think it's a little hypocritical how we all (myself included) can be so extreme, competitive, and even embarrassingly kinky in our lust for the guys, which I'm afraid the guys would be turned off or even offended by as married men, but when someone brings up that their music is genuinely helpful in a part of life that's challenging, they get attacked for it. This makes sense?

Um, aren't we supposed to be in this fandom TOGETHER? I'm also going by some of the stuff that's happening on Facebook right now, FYI, but I've only been a fan for two months and I'm already getting turned off. Not to Rush; I'm well prepared to listen to them all by myself, if I have to, but I would have liked to have felt welcome to do so with others. I don't, especially as that awkward New Fan in the room.

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Oct 9 2010, 06:18 PM)
Rush is one of my biggest hobbies - i love them very much and they bring me joy. Also, Rush is my escape from the various challenges of life. Their music, DVD's, cruising the net and TRF, or any other form of Rush are all theraputic whenever i am struggling. They are the best medicine for me, i always feel better after.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!!! yes.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif