Instrumental album

ljr869

In the tour book, Neil wrote that Geddy mentioned he would like to do an album of their instrumentals - and to maybe add a new one. I think that's a great idea. However, I hope they don't compile them from studio or tour tapes. I would love if they re-recorded them live in the studio with no over-dubs. As anybody who has been to the Time Machine tour knows, they're at the top of their game right now. Whaddya guys and gals think? Maybe we can even think up a good name for the album.

If they added an all remastered/live instrumental disc to a new live album that would be great.

I'm not sure a only instrumental album would sell well on it's own.

An instrumental album may be desired by RUSH and perceived to be received well....but I still believe that if packaged with a live or compilation album it would be a must have for all RUSH fans.

Ugh, I'd hate that. A large - very large - part of the reason I love the band is Geddy's voice and vocal style. The instrumentals are good, don't get me wrong, but one or two per album is more than enough. As much as I like the three that were on Snakes & Arrows, three was too many.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 20 2010, 07:37 PM)
Ugh, I'd hate that. A large - very large - part of the reason I love the band is Geddy's voice and vocal style. The instrumentals are good, don't get me wrong, but one or two per album is more than enough. As much as I like the three that were on Snakes & Arrows, three was too many.

I'll have to disagree, a huge draw to Rush for me is their virtuosity on their given instruments. That's not to say that I don't enjoy their vocal songs, it's just that the instrumentals hold a special place in my heart. An instrumental album would be heavenly, no doubt!

I think if they ever did this....they would HAVE TO re-record the old stuff too....otherwise it would be too much of a repackaging for my taste.

New versions of old stuff re-recorded could be a very cool idea and since they are so used to playing it live it would not be that tough to do either.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 21 2010, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 20 2010, 09:55 PM)
give me a new album of mal nar type instrumentals.

It's weird but I just don't care much for malnar. Too short, waaaay to much like YYZed and there is no real guitar solo. The idea was great but the song itself doesn't do much for me.

i hear absolutely no yyz in mal nar. even though it's short, that's the way it is and one of the reasons why i love it is because it's a short song. it's weird because this is probably the only rush tune i can listen to about 5 times in a row. top each his own but i'd have no problem them substituting yyz for mal nar just to change it up a bit.

Edited by ReflectedLight