Horror marathon begins...tomorrow

Presto-digitation

Yes. I can wait...no longer. biggrin.gif

I'm kicking it off with It's Alive, which -- yes -- I saw in the theaters in 1974. smile.gif (Love you mom, you sadistic soul). Various things on tap, from Dawn Of The Dead to Suspiria to I Spit On Your Grave...The Legend Of Hell House to The Fun House. And many, many more. But that's not all. If you call in the next four minutes...

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 14 2010, 08:16 PM)
Yes. I can wait...no longer. biggrin.gif

I'm kicking it off with It's Alive, which -- yes -- I saw in the theaters in 1974. smile.gif (Love you mom, you sadistic soul). Various things on tap, from Dawn Of The Dead to Suspiria to I Spit On Your Grave...The Legend Of Hell House to The Fun House. And many, many more. But that's not all. If you call in the next four minutes...

Nice man. I've got a huge collection myself and I'm gonna start soon too. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 14 2010, 08:16 PM)
I'm kicking it off with It's Alive, which -- yes -- I saw in the theaters in 1974. smile.gif

The scariest part of It's Alive was the teaser commercial that played on television. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Before the film was even released, people were calling the TV stations to protest the horrific commercial....which had the baby carriage dimlit lit, and as it turned, you were slowly exposed to the monster baby's claw sticking out....

I was 12 at the time, and it game me nightmares! And yet, I couldn't turn away whenever it was shown..... rofl3.gif

LOVE horror movies!

I saw It's Alive in the theater too.

My parents even took me to see the Exorcist at the drive in! Now that was scary! I was born in 67, so no clue what they were thinking.

But I love horror. All kinds of horror. Love the Sleepaway Camp series. Love the cheesy stuff. My one son loves it all too and has quite the collection of dvds.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Sep 16 2010, 07:58 PM)
LOVE horror movies!
I saw It's Alive in the theater too.
My parents even took me to see the Exorcist at the drive in! Now that was scary! I was born in 67, so no clue what they were thinking.

But I love horror. All kinds of horror. Love the Sleepaway Camp series. Love the cheesy stuff. My one son loves it all too and has quite the collection of dvds.

Sleepaway Camp- ha, nice! 1022.gif Don't wanna spoil it fopr those who haven't seen it, but Angela's secret was pretty f***ing shocking the first time I saw it. Loved part 2 also. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 14 2010, 04:53 PM)
Got about 30 horror films lined up on Netflix (with many more here at home) with deliveries beginning tomorrow. Nothing but crappy ass horror (and some good ones too) for the next 6 or 7 weeks. Heaven.

trink39.gif

I'm assuming this is because of halloween?

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Sep 17 2010, 12:03 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 14 2010, 04:53 PM)
Got about 30 horror films lined up on Netflix (with many more here at home) with deliveries beginning tomorrow. Nothing but crappy ass horror (and some good ones too) for the next 6 or 7 weeks. Heaven.

trink39.gif

I'm assuming this is because of halloween?

You are a wise man, yes.

So far: It's Alive, Dawn Of The Dead (original), Carpenter's The Thing, and Witchboard.

If any of you live in the Orlando area, go to the Freakshow Horror Film Festival next month and check out 'Murderabilia'. The world premiere is October 9th at 2:00PM.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1719525/

http://www.freakshowfilmfest.com/images/MurderPic.jpg

http://www.freakshowfilmfest.com/movies10-3.html

1022.gif

Edited by Cowtothesky

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 29 2010, 10:13 AM)
Thanks Jack! I've added it to my queue between now and Halloween. I'll let ya know what I think. Looks very good!

Cool! May you enjoy it as much as I do.

I would add a couple others.

Ghost Story (A decent film of one of the scariest books I have ever read)

The Serpent and the Rainbow

Kubrick's Shining

Prince of Darkness

I believe that these are all 80s movies. I am a bit of a geezer and it could be that these movies hit me hard because of my age at the time. However, I have seen them since and they hold up pretty well.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Sep 30 2010, 07:36 PM)

Kubrick's Shining
Prince of Darkness

I believe that these are all 80s movies. I am a bit of a geezer and it could be that these movies hit me hard because of my age at the time. However, I have seen them since and they hold up pretty well.

Big ditto on Prince of Darkness!

The vibe on POD is so successfully and brilliantly creepy that it has stayed with me for years! Carpenter calls POD part two of his "apocalypse" trilogy, with part one being The Thing and part three being In The Mouth of Madness (which is also good).

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Sep 30 2010, 07:36 PM)

Kubrick's Shining
Prince of Darkness

I saw Ghost Story when it first was released in '81 I believe, with Houseman and Astaire. Revisited it a while back and it didn't age too well with me, although it has its moments...and at age 12 it was downright unsettling. I'd love to see that one remade.

The Shining is wonderful. Also saw this when it was released in '80 and own it on blu-ray. So atmospheric. One of my favorites.

Strangely I've not seen Prince Of Darkness, despite being a pretty dedicated Carpenter fan...so I'll queue this one up.

trink39.gif

A couple little known gems...

The Curse - 1987 Stars a young Will Wheaton, and Claude Akins

Steven Kings Thinner - Pretty cool mid nighties flick about a guy cursed by a gypsy.

I read and enjoyed Thinner, but never saw the film.

I did watch last night -- for the first time -- the original Village Of The Damned and its sequel, Children Of The Damned. The former was great. Really a fine film, especially for 1960. The sequel...not so much.

Jack, watched Jacob's Ladder last night. Pretty freakin' awesome film. I wish 9 of 10 horror/thrillers were this well made. Shocked I'd not seen it over the past 20 years (was much more exposed to horror in the 70s I guess), but it was really great. Thanks for the recommendation or else it wouldn't have made it onto my queue for Halloween.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 12 2010, 06:27 AM)
Jack, watched Jacob's Ladder last night. Pretty freakin' awesome film. I wish 9 of 10 horror/thrillers were this well made. Shocked I'd not seen it over the past 20 years (was much more exposed to horror in the 70s I guess), but it was really great. Thanks for the recommendation or else it wouldn't have made it onto my queue for Halloween.

trink39.gif

I agree with you 100% and I'm delighted you enjoyed it, sir! trink39.gif