Rush - Icon

losingit2k

On Aug 31st Rush released a CD named Icon. It's a compilation CD and of course even though I have every song on it I bought it anyway!

Regardless, early this year they had a similar release called Time Stand Still which held the title song and the song was played live on The Time Machine tour.

This current cd has the following songs on it:

1. Working Man

2. Fly By Night

3. The Necromancer

4. The Twilight Zone

5. Closer To The Heart

6. Circumstances

7. Freewill

8. Limelight

9. The Analog Kid

10. Red Sector A

11. Marathon

12. Force Ten

Could this be an indication of songs being considered for the next tour?

Fly by Night, Necromancer, The Twilight Zone! What are you thoughts?

confused13.gif

Here's the link to Amazon if your interested in purchasing one!

http://www.amazon.com/Icon-Rush/dp/B003WO4...84137493&sr=8-1

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Sep 10 2010, 12:05 PM)
Dude, while I definitely admire your enthusiasm, I think you tend to read a little too much into things. No way they play Fly By Night or the Necromancer on the next tour.

Well I can easily see Rush playing these songs! They played just about everthing else on the compilation. I don't think a medley of

Fly by Night, The Necromance, and The Twilight Zone is very Possible!

applaudit.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 10 2010, 03:01 PM)
What a weird compilation!

Yeah, I saw this in the store the other day and was going to post about it. Very different song selection for a best of record. Guess they figured the 10 other best of records had the best of Rush on them.

The "Icon" series is something Mercury records is releasing for several of their more popular artists.

RUSH had little, if any input into the release since they no longer have a relationship with Mercury Records and Mercury owns the rights to all the albums/songs prior to Presto.

Dont read anything into it. The track listing means nothing in terms of current RUSH.

I heard that if you scramble the letters to all the songs on the compilation, then apply an Egyption algorithm to the order - and then flip it exactly backwards, it spells out what the set list for the next tour is going to be.

Or, perhaps it's just a list of songs.... not sure.

QUOTE (LedZep @ Sep 17 2010, 12:24 PM)
I heard that if you scramble the letters to all the songs on the compilation, then apply an Egyption algorithm to the order - and then flip it exactly backwards, it spells out what the set list for the next tour is going to be.

Or, perhaps it's just a list of songs.... not sure.

Very Insiteful and great set list by the way?

drool1.gif

Solution:

Duplicate the song files from this ridiculous compilation. Import them into iTunes. Go into iTunes. Select the songs you just imported. Right click, Get Info. Change the album details. Ok. Right click again. Choose Get Album Artwork.

There, you just "bought" the Icon compilation.