NCAA Football 2010!

Rush Cocky

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Oct 30 2010, 05:34 PM)
I can't f***ing stand anything and everything related to the Florida Gators. DPR, hope Carolina kicks the shit out of the Gators next week.

South Carolina plays Arkansas next Saturday, then the Gators the week after that.

The Arkansas game is actually irrelevant to winning the East for SC, unless the Gators somehow find a way to lose to Vandy next week, in which case SC would clinch the East by beating the Razorbacks.

Regardless, I too would like to see Carolina kick the shit out of the Gators when they play in two weeks. But I would settle for just a win, even if it is only by single point.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

QUOTE (Raider917 @ Oct 30 2010, 09:09 PM)
Boise State winning the National Championship is becoming more and more likely. The big Conferences wont be happy...hopefully it would make for changes to the BCS.

Auburn is still up there, and Oregon.

Don't count on it yet.

Oregon is untouchable right now.

Auburn, one good shot on Newton and who knows.

It appeared from the beginning of the season that USC would be the Ducks' toughest challenge this year, and I think that was proven last night. Some may ask 'What about Arizona? They are ranked higher than USC was.' Considering Arizona was beat by Oregon St at home and they still could be challenged by USC, I think Arizona is a pretender. Take the Wildcats into Autzen and the Ducks will feast. 'What about Stanford?' That game was definitely a gut check for them, but Oregon did have home field advantage. Last night they were the road team, USC took the lead in the 3rd quarter, and the Ducks were still able to rally and win by three TDs.

So far this year, the Quackers have proven they can dominate and that they can come from behind. They have beat good teams in USC and Stanford and have done so convincingly. In all cases they have been overpowering. Almost all of their victories have been by at least three touchdowns; their margin of victory against ASU was 11 points. Sounds like the good properties of a National Champion to me.

Barring a gaff against Arizona or Oregon St, the Ducks will run the table and should be in the National Title game. I don't think the Ducks will gaff as Coach Kelly keeps them focused on the game of the week.

Sorry GG and the other Auburn fans, but I think Alabama will win the Iron Bowl. So that would severely hamper Auburn's bid for the National Title.

Unless the BCS Selection decides to give the other National Title berth to a one-loss team like Alabama or Nebraska, I think it could be Oregon vs Boise State or TCU. Sadly, a one-loss team in the National Title game, while very unjust by the standards of the current system, is still plausible;

QUOTE (Don Borst)
Of course, then the problem is going to be the computers' unabashed love for the SEC, and the way that they'll be likely to leap the Tide over the Boise State. Will that be enough to balance the human polls' respect for Boise? Ah, we'll just have to stay tuned for that.

If Boise or TCU get the second bid, just on the basis that there is no SEC or Big12 or Big10 team in the National Championship, the university presidents will be howling for change.

So now in the BCS standings TCU is higher.

Which means the winner of the TCU Utah game (deservedly) will be higher then Boise, Alabama if they knock off Auburn will be higher too.

f***ing schedule bullshit... Boise could go from Championship game maybe to Sugar bowl...

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Oct 31 2010, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Oct 30 2010, 05:34 PM)
I can't f***ing stand anything and everything related to the Florida Gators. DPR, hope Carolina kicks the shit out of the Gators next week.

South Carolina plays Arkansas next Saturday, then the Gators the week after that.

The Arkansas game is actually irrelevant to winning the East for SC, unless the Gators somehow find a way to lose to Vandy next week, in which case SC would clinch the East by beating the Razorbacks.

Regardless, I too would like to see Carolina kick the shit out of the Gators when they play in two weeks. But I would settle for just a win, even if it is only by single point.

I wouldn't bet a dollar on South Carolina right now. They looked like crap against Tenn. They are so inconsistant. Arkansas is going to give them all they can handle this week. Thier defense has got to show up.

That having been said, they will show up for Florida. They pretty much always do, except for when they are completley outmaned. They have a shot this year, but they are in the swamp, so good luck. I would love to see tham do to Florida what they did to Alabama.

Some possible bad news for Auburn...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5765214

"During the height of star quarterback Cam Newton's recruitment out of junior college last year, a man who said he represented Newton allegedly was soliciting a six-figure payment to secure his signature on a national letter of intent, ESPN.com has learned."

"Bond said the former teammate told him other schools had already offered $200,000, but since Newton really liked Mississippi State and had a relationship with head coach Dan Mullen dating to when both were at Florida, Mississippi State could get him for $180,000."

Hope it's not true!

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 4 2010, 07:42 PM)

"During the height of star quarterback Cam Newton's recruitment out of junior college last year, a man who said he represented Newton allegedly was soliciting a six-figure payment to secure his signature on a national letter of intent, ESPN.com has learned."

"Bond said the former teammate told him other schools had already offered $200,000, but since Newton really liked Mississippi State and had a relationship with head coach Dan Mullen dating to when both were at Florida, Mississippi State could get him for $180,000."

Hope it's not true!

Okay, yes, I'm an AU fan...but I really don't think Cam and his family had anything to do with this. Maybe the guy was just out to make some money off Cam? maybe?

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 4 2010, 08:20 PM)
Okay, yes, I'm an AU fan...but I really don't think Cam and his family had anything to do with this.  Maybe the guy was just out to make some money off Cam? maybe?

Hope you're right. Sad part is that, especially after the Reggie Bush fiasco, Heisman voters may shy away from giving their votes to Newton.

I would like to see LaMichael James win the Heisman, but not that way. Because then there will always be the nay-sayers who say that Newton was the rightful winner and it was just the voters punishing him for a lie spread by some opportunist.

QUOTE (Raider917 @ Nov 6 2010, 03:25 PM)
TCU look good

I'm not surprised...I believe they deserve a shot at the title unless there are two undefeated BCS teams, and maybe even then. I expected them to win handily (sure, it's easy to say that now smile.gif ) but given what a team from the MWC did to Nick Satan's Bama squad the last time a non-BCS school got a chance to play a school from a BCS conference in a BCS bowl, I believe they deserve a shot. I hate that the computers are not allowed to use margin of victory as a factor in the rankings. I'm sure the big schools wanted it that way so they could just judge TCU on the fact that they beat their opponent, not totally destroyed them.

Above all, this year, more than ever, shows the need for a playoff...it's absolutely unconscionable not to have one. banghead.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Nov 1 2010, 06:59 AM)
Which means the winner of the TCU Utah game (deservedly) will be higher then Boise, Alabama if they knock off Auburn will be higher too.

f***ing schedule bullshit... Boise could go from Championship game maybe to Sugar bowl...

Boise could do even worse than the Sugar Bowl. If Auburn and Oregon both win out, TCU will likely get the BCS Bowl invite leaving Boise to some lower bowl.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Nov 7 2010, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Nov 1 2010, 06:59 AM)

Boise could do even worse than the Sugar Bowl. If Auburn and Oregon both win out, TCU will likely get the BCS Bowl invite leaving Boise to some lower bowl.

I don't believe this is likely. If TCU isn't in the championship game (which will happen if Auburn and Oregon win out), they'll put Boise vs TCU in the same game so that the big schools won't have to be embarrassed by losing to one of them.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 4 2010, 10:20 PM)

Hope it's not true!

Okay, yes, I'm an AU fan...but I really don't think Cam and his family had anything to do with this. Maybe the guy was just out to make some money off Cam? maybe?

Uh no. His father accepted a lot of money and then encouraged his son to go to Auburn. I remember you saying that you didn't think that athletes should get paid. laugh.gif

This is the way it's always been. Make no mistake, college players do get paid!

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Nov 7 2010, 02:52 PM)

Hope it's not true!

Uh no. His father accepted a lot of money and then encouraged his son to go to Auburn. I remember you saying that you didn't think that athletes should get paid. laugh.gif

Uh okay then.

I'll just shut up.

eyesre4.gif

(When I said that, of course I meant professional players...I think the whole concept of being paid to play a friggin game is absurd. I'm sure there's widespread corruption, but I'd like to believe there is still some integrity. Maybe you're right and Rev. Newton got paid. I just hope not. Can't a person express some hope?)

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 8 2010, 10:15 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Nov 7 2010, 02:52 PM)

Hope it's not true!

Uh okay then.

I'll just shut up.

eyesre4.gif

(When I said that, of course I meant professional players...I think the whole concept of being paid to play a friggin game is absurd. I'm sure there's widespread corruption, but I'd like to believe there is still some integrity. Maybe you're right and Rev. Newton got paid. I just hope not. Can't a person express some hope?)

It's simply supply and demand. Our society demands sports and there is plenty in supply.

Anyone watching the Cornhusker State?

Obviously I'm a Husker fan.. and that loss to those Longhorns upset me.. But there have been many upsets this season. But then, somehow, NU jumped right back and has won every game since. We're 8-1, 3-1 (Big XII) at the moment and at the top of the Big XII. I'd say Nebraska has a good chance at taking the Big XII, which would be awesome, considering we're moving to the Big X next year (I AM RAGING INSIDE).

As for the Nat'l Championship, I'm thinking TCU has a good chance. Of course, every year we Husker fans pray for a shot at the gold, but let's face it.. Tom Osborne ain't coach anymore (but Bo Pelini's the next best thing!).

And how 'bout that redshirted Freshman Taylor Martinez, AKA "T-Magic"? I'm hoping a Heisman nom' is in his future!

Glad Nebraska will be in the Big Ten next year, should develop interesting rivalries and makes the conference more legit and tougher, earn more respect.

So much crap going on with all the allegations and rumors about Cam Newton.

I hate this.

I have to think, though, that if the team can rally around him, they might be hard to beat.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 10 2010, 09:46 AM)

I hate this.

I have to think, though, that if the team can rally around him, they might be hard to beat.

No worries....AU will kick ass this weekend yes.gif 1287.gif

WAR EAGLE! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 10 2010, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 10 2010, 09:46 AM)

I hate this.

No worries....AU will kick ass this weekend yes.gif 1287.gif

WAR EAGLE! biggrin.gif

Thanks Testy! Gotta love my Canadian Rush Fan/Auburn Fan friend!

WDE!

cheer.gif