what does "xoxo" mean in computer talk?

circumstantial tree

Yeah, what does "xoxo" mean when somebody says this in a post or email?

How about listing some other ones and what they translate into.

Same as it meant when people used to write it on letters? "Hugs and kisses"? unsure.gif

Then again, who's the sender? If it's a prospective employer, it's probably something entirely different!

I'll defer to the text-speak experts on the rest.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 30 2010, 08:08 AM)
Same as it meant when people used to write it on letters? "Hugs and kisses"? unsure.gif
Then again, who's the sender? If it's a prospective employer, it's probably something entirely different!

If you get XOXO from any employer, you best be asking for a raise. A monetary one.

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 30 2010, 09:11 AM)

If you get XOXO from any employer, you best be asking for a raise. A monetary one.

HAHA!!

laugh.gif

Ya!

Would you believe a soap opera actor?

I sent an email praising the work of Michael Muhney, who plays Adam Newman on the Young and the Restless. I basically gave a character analysis and said that he truly comes across like Victor's son.

This is what I wrote:

Hello Michael,

I enjoy how you portray Adam Newman. I have been watching the Young and the Restless off and on since the beginning of the series (I was only 4 in 1973!).

What I like best is that you portray Adam like he truly is Victor's son. Joshua Morrow, although he is also the son of Victor, seems to take after Nikki. And he is a great actor in his own right.

I remember when Victor first appeared on the show. He was a cruel, vindictive human being likely to feed rats to his enemies (and I think he did just that at one time), but he always managed to show fleeting glimmers of a warm hearted person at times which I believe added some depth to his character. When he fell in love with Nikki Reed, while she was still stripping, you could see that "humanness" come to the surface. Victor has mellowed with age though and that is no doubt due to his love for Nikki.

And that is where I find similarities in you and Victor. You portray Adam with a really dark side but once Sharon enters the room (just as Nikki did with Victor), there is a vulnerability to the character that is very appealing. Both you and Victor are men with rough veneers, but underneath you have vulnerability and softness.

Just as you said in an interview on your website, I hope that Adam stays "edgy" but I hope he also shows his "human" side as well.

I look forward to seeing you in upcoming episodes. Keep up the good work!

And this was his response:

Thank you Kelly!  It's a blast playing the character and I think there will be a lot of fun this fall.  Should be interesting!!

xoxo

michael

He no doubt thinks I'm a girl because of my name. But he is fun to watch on TV. I read his bio and he played on some other shows prior. He played on a show called Veronica Mars as a sheriff.

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Aug 30 2010, 11:36 AM)
I didn't know people still watched soap operas...

It's better than prime time, in my opinion.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 30 2010, 10:26 AM)
He no doubt thinks I'm a girl because of my name.

Yea.

I have plenty friends -- male and female -- who sign off with this. It's kinda like when you meet someone in person, you give them the half-cheek kiss on each side.

It's surprising how many people use it on people they've never met-- like fangirls at celebrity blogs. There are millions of deluded women out there in mental relationships with people who they technically don't even "know." Men too. It's scary.

The same goes for this one-- <3 (or love)

Leo Dicaprio's stalker was so psycho... she actually thought she was married to the poor guy. Jennifer Aniston's stalker tracked her down to her house... on a mission to tie the knot.

wacko.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 30 2010, 08:37 AM)
QUOTE (ForceTen @ Aug 30 2010, 11:36 AM)
I didn't know people still watched soap operas...

It's better than prime time, in my opinion.

I used to watch General Hospital religiously ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Sep 1 2010, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Aug 31 2010, 07:38 PM)
If you get "oxox" then that's BIG trouble!

They have a cream for that, right? unsure.gif

Is then when you sprout horns and have a strong desire to pull heavy carts?

Archived