Scalpers and Security

nobodys hero

QUOTE (RUSHAMILEHIGH @ Aug 26 2010, 04:14 AM)
QUOTE (analog guy @ Aug 26 2010, 01:25 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHAMILEHIGH @ Aug 25 2010, 08:11 PM)
To get the good seats we all use Brokers (Scalpers), they have Software that dominates the servers when tickets go on sale.

Is this legal?

I'm guessing it isn't but is probably too difficult to enforce.

It certainly shouldn't be.

It's why people like me could only go to one show instead of two on this tour, because we overpaid for the one.

I don't really know about the leagle part, that is a good question.

I have tried to use live Nation/Ticket master in the past right when they go on sale and the first tickets I have a choice on are row 25 & back.

This happened at Red Rocks for S&A and Fiddlers Green for Aerosmith.

The bad thing is I am only buying 2 tickets.

Dose this happen at other venues?

With the TM tour I tried the VIP rought through Rush.Com/Live Nation and was Promused the first 14 rows but the package cost more than the Broker's(Scalper's) 7th row and 4 th row.

In this thead the scalper said to NH that Live nation double booked.

Back in the day If you wanyed good seats you camped in line (Great times!)

Then they started the Lotto system in line and now with the web it is totally out of control.

The situation in this thread lets you know how bad it has gotten.

And why can you listen to the Radio station the day of the show and if your pet licks your face the longest you get front Row WTF!!!!! angry.gif

Those jack-asses on the Fox were giving tickets away for absolute bullshit, like calling a gynecologist they work with and asking a question about your wife. angry.gif

Then there's the woman who won tickets and Mosbach shoved her in the row right next to me on the 16th. Completely blocked my view so I asked her and her son to move down, which they did to the best of their ability. The son texted all night, he had NO clue who the band was. She didn't seem to be a big fan either, but she picked up the phone to call during the contest and won. Not only the tickets, sound check and meet and greet! She told me she wasn't able to make the sound check and I don't remember about the meet and greet. I would think she didn't make that either as they were already playing for a while before they shoved her in 1st row. confused13.gif They left pretty early. sad.gif

QUOTE (RUSHAMILEHIGH @ Aug 25 2010, 07:50 PM)
Another thought:

Are the seats specifically designated ADA?(American w/ disabilitys act).
You would need to check with the AHJ.(Authority having jurisdiction).
Denver parks/ State of Colorado.

If so you may be able to file criminal/civil charges against scalper and a
All parties involved.

You have pictures showing double stacking in the row.
They May settle out of court, to make it go away.

If this happens to anybody else, call the police, not venue personal.
At red Rocks it is the Denver sheriffs dept.

I am very sorry for you and your freind.

They were indeed designated ADA seats. When these tickets went on sale they were IMPOSSIBLE to get for this show, obviously I now know why. Ron said RR instituted a will call pick up for the first 6 rows to deter this kind of thing. I could not understand how David could walk off with 24 seats??? The will call pick up is not working very well that's for sure. David would've made $14,400 for that show alone. angry.gif angry.gif

So the bottom line is that everyone from the venue management up through Live Nation/Ticketmaster know about this guy and no one can do anything? Only in Colorado......

I'm going to go against the grain here and decry Red Rocks for the toilet bowl of a venue it is. This kind of crap happens ALL THE TIME there, in large part due to their ineffectual security. In my 10 years in that state I was so much happier to see concerts in MacNichols, in the arena where they belong. If I want to sit on a f-ing rock and look at red-colored boulders, I'll go to Garden of the Gods. And the acoustics at Red Rocks stink too.

Peace,

Ron

The double-stack in the front rows might also be of interest to the local Fire Marshal. Those guys are total hardasses.

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Aug 26 2010, 08:25 AM)
So the bottom line is that everyone from the venue management up through Live Nation/Ticketmaster know about this guy and no one can do anything? Only in Colorado......

I'm going to go against the grain here and decry Red Rocks for the toilet bowl of a venue it is. This kind of crap happens ALL THE TIME there, in large part due to their ineffectual security. In my 10 years in that state I was so much happier to see concerts in MacNichols, in the arena where they belong. If I want to sit on a f-ing rock and look at red-colored boulders, I'll go to Garden of the Gods. And the acoustics at Red Rocks stink too.

Peace,
Ron

I'm sure if you search Google, you could find instructions on how to untie your navel and get a fresh view.

Really sorry you've had this headache to deal with Nobody's Hero. sad.gif

Situations like this are why, for my money, it's worth it to just sit further back or on the lawn. I just don't want the hassle, I've got enough problems in life as it is.

I talked with Mike today and he is not doing well at all sad.gif His brother will take him to the hospital to be checked out. He did just fine at Monday's show but standing all night just took to much out of him.

The fact that security did nothing to help those of us being doubled up, means LAWSUIT. I am going to contact the ADA lawyers for the state of Denver.

I can't understand how the hell he did it but all those people got in and then the shit storm happened when seats were already taken. The fact that security did nothing to help us really screams to me of pay-off. All the security people knew David and knew he was on the way over to take care of the problem.

angry.gif

I just spoke with Rochelle at Live Nation. She was very apologetic about the whole situation. David only had 8 tickets in his name and NONE were duplicates. Why security didn't help out is a big problem that they are addressing right now. The fact that they did not report to Ron the fact that he was working the venue and seating as well as the fact they did nothing to help makes them look like they are taking a handout.

I think a few of those guys may be in big trouble for knowingly letting him double seat people His name has been flagged for future ticket purchases but they have no way of knowing who else buys for him. She didn't even know he existed until Ron called her yesterday.

I told her about my ability to not yet walk upright as well as the fact that Mike may end up in the hospital and at that point an ADA lawyer will be called.

It stinks all the way around. angry.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 26 2010, 07:28 AM)
The double-stack in the front rows might also be of interest to the local Fire Marshal.  Those guys are total hardasses.

This would be of great interest to the Fire Marshal yes.gif

As a fire fighter we don't take kindly to that crap, THAT IS BS!!!!

Some heads need to roll..

I just want to say good job. Keep up the good fight. I am glad you are keeping this up and have the courage not to just let it go.

This whole scalping business has gotten way out of hand... I have been disgusted for years about the whole business. And, it seems now it has been taken further into new levels by selling duplicate seats and telling people they have to double up.

I would love it if Rush would do what Bob Dylan has done. He has refused to sell tickets until the night of the show. People come to the venue, and buy their ticket right there on the spot. That cuts the scalpers completely out of the picture.

Good job, Nobody's Hero on getting as much info about this as you can. I'm not a lawyer but it sounds to me like you've got a solid case here. Hopefully you can get something out of this. You're right the whole thing does stink all around and like I said on my earlier post it's seems pretty obvious to me that security was getting some money from David's tickets to do that.

Security at my local amphitheater has always been pretty solid and they are very strict about checking tickets, making sure people are in the right sections and not having people clutter the isle's during the shows. There's no way that at least the security up where you were wasn't in on this.

QUOTE (Hugerush @ Sep 12 2010, 06:06 PM)
Okay, so what's the latest?

Inquiring minds (and me) want to know!

I find it suspicious that you have 2 posts and this is the thread you decide you need to get an update on. My gut tells me you are someone involved with the whole situation or you are inquiring on behalf of someone involved.

I have a LOT more info than when I started this thread, but no offense, I do not care to share it with you, as I don't trust you. trink39.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Sep 13 2010, 10:30 AM)

I find it suspicious that you have 2 posts and this is the thread you decide you need to get an update on. My gut tells me you are someone involved with the whole situation or you are inquiring on behalf of someone involved.

I have a LOT more info than when I started this thread, but no offense, I do not care to share it with you, as I don't trust you. trink39.gif

I don't blame you for not sharing. The poster does seem suspicious now that you've pointed that out unsure.gif When everything about this gets settled just let us know weather it was a success or not. You're not obligated to reveal anymore details. trink39.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 13 2010, 09:11 AM)

I don't blame you for not sharing. The poster does seem suspicious now that you've pointed that out unsure.gif When everything about this gets settled just let us know weather it was a success or not. You're not obligated to reveal anymore details. trink39.gif

Thanks trink39.gif

When I was shopping for the 8-18 show I called numerous scalpers who said they had tickets in the first 6 rows. I called ticketmaster to see what the deal was with will call for those rows. Tickmaster said under no circumstances can they mail them out early and you have to pick them up at will call. Well I called back the scalpers and they said they get SPECIAL treatment so don't worry. And worse case the scalper said he would fly out and MAKE SURE I got them. Ya Right! cool10.gif

I could never justify paying $500 a ticket 2 months before the show and assume they will be given to me that night. I went to Denver ticket agency and got 4 tickets in hand for $30 over face value in row 20 center. I would love to see them up really close but DO NOT trust any scalpers!

And yes RED ROCKS was great the for R30 and Snakes and Arrows tour.

But I noticed that it has changed lately and everybody seems to want to see Rush now even though they probably can't name more than 10 songs. All the people next to our entourage were very quite and still. I felt awkward because I wanted to rock out! I also noticed that there was no elbow room at all during that show!!!!

I will be taking a road trip myself on the next tour! And If I see the prices going up every tour as usual I may be done with concerts overall.

What happened to the good ole days!

QUOTE (Kerohr @ Sep 14 2010, 09:43 AM)
When I was shopping for the 8-18 show I called numerous scalpers who said they had tickets in the first 6 rows. I called ticketmaster to see what the deal was with will call for those rows. Tickmaster said under no circumstances can they mail them out early and you have to pick them up at will call. Well I called back the scalpers and they said they get SPECIAL treatment so don't worry. And worse case the scalper said he would fly out and MAKE SURE I got them. Ya Right!  cool10.gif

I could never justify paying $500 a ticket 2 months before the show and assume they will be given to me that night. I went to Denver ticket agency and got 4 tickets in hand for $30 over face value in row 20 center. I would love to see them up really close but DO NOT trust any scalpers!

And yes RED ROCKS was great the for R30 and Snakes and Arrows tour.
But I noticed that it has changed lately and everybody seems to want to see Rush now even though they probably can't name more than 10 songs. All the people next to our entourage were very quite and still. I felt awkward because I wanted to rock out! I also noticed that there was no elbow room at all during that show!!!!

I will be taking a road trip myself on the next tour! And If I see the prices going up every tour as usual I may be done with concerts overall.

What happened to the good ole days!

He did indeed fly in for the show and then proceeded to shove the peeps who brought tickets from him in the front row. Horrible situation! I sure did learn a lot about scalping since the show. sad.gif angry.gif

Edited by nobodys hero

goodpost.gif

I Hope all is well, with all involved.