Bad singing

Yeah, okay. Can you name anybody who sings that grates on your last nerve? Or maybe a singing "style" that is equally irritating?

I keep hearing this woman, don't know who she is, but her voice is on a commercial and when she sings the word "today" it sounds like "too der ayyyyy" 062802puke_prv.gif

Or how about when somebody says "you" it comes out sounding like "yo" and it's done in a whispery (an attempt at sounding sexy) voice

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 24 2010, 05:22 PM)
When I think bad singing, I automatically think of...

Alanis Morrisette

Seriously...I find her voice verrrry irratating. It has this weird "whine" to it, that I just can't place.

Needless to say...I've never been a fan.

LOL! I agree.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 24 2010, 05:26 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 24 2010, 05:24 PM)
Two off the top of my head:

Alanis Morrisette

Billy Corgan

trink39.gif

Ironically, Billy Corgan did come to mind while I was typing out my last response.

I guess I would have to agree with that one as well. laugh.gif

I can agree about Billy Corgan. it's not so bad on "Gish" but it is on later albums.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 24 2010, 02:22 PM)
When I think bad singing, I automatically think of...

Alanis Morrisette

Seriously...I find her voice verrrry irratating. It has this weird "whine" to it, that I just can't place.

Needless to say...I've never been a fan.

+1

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Aug 24 2010, 02:31 PM)
Miley Cyrus

Ke$ha

Justin Bieber

All rappers

wacko.gif  062802puke_prv.gif

I agree with you on Ke$ha $hit! I can barely get through a few of her songs when I'm in the car with the wife and kids.

No hope!

Courtney Love

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I'm currently checking out a bunch of Doom Metal bands...and I totally understand why the majority of them are not signed to anything more than scrub labels...

The singer is the most crucial ingredient in any formula...and its the singer who's got to be 'born' with an entire 'checklist' of variables already completely intact...A guitarist can always just get hisself a better guitar, or add an effects pedal to make him sound different...The singer has got to be naturally blessed with a 'distinctive' and powerful voice...or, no will notice him....or his band...

I've noticed that I've been far more open and accepting of a whole range of vocal styles after this past decade...A bunch of different directions emerged over that period, and I checked out a bunch of them, friends...Years ago, I would quickly shun an artist if he or shed had a voice that was reminiscent of a style from a few years prior...Close-minded stuff...But, nowadays, I'm more apt to embrace than shun these suckas.

One thing I absolutely hate though is the mock-Layne Staley/Eddie Vedder imitations...That low, throaty rumble got so dam played out at the end of the 90's, and first few years of this past decade that I will forever hate that style...It's so queerish and corny.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 24 2010, 05:37 PM)
The lead singer in Garbage.

Get the hell out.

tongue.gif

But seriously, though...

- Half of the singers of bands signed to Fueled by Ramen

- Axl Rose (sometimes)

- Miley Cyrus

- Tom Delonge's live voice