Tony La Russa and Rush

Checkster2112

So I'm a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan, and after tonights win, Tony La Russa mentioned Rush in his post-game interview. Tony is good friends with Geddy, and when asked about pitcher Chris Carpenter, Tony plugged in Rush. He said that Ged was at the game and was really impressed with Carp. He also encouraged everyone to come out and catch a great show tomorrow night.

Very Cool.

La Russa is a great guy by most accounts. Wonder if he'll be in attendance tomorrow night? (I have not checked game schedule).

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 21 2010, 11:49 PM)
La Russa is a great guy by most accounts. Wonder if he'll be in attendance tomorrow night? (I have not checked game schedule).

The Cards play at 1 PM tomorrow. So He'll have plenty of time to head over to the show yes.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 21 2010, 08:31 PM)
So cool. It's good to be Geddy Lee.

Or Tony La Russa!

Both are great people. Glad they have this friendship!

QUOTE (Checkster2112 @ Aug 21 2010, 08:22 PM)
So I'm a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan, and after tonights win, Tony La Russa mentioned Rush in his post-game interview. Tony is good friends with Geddy, and when asked about pitcher Chris Carpenter, Tony plugged in Rush. He said that Ged was at the game and was really impressed with Carp. He also encouraged everyone to come out and catch a great show tomorrow night.

Very Cool.

Ok that's really weird.

I too am friends with Tony. I've known him for decades. Going way back when he was the skipper for the Oakland A's.

Tony and his entire family love to ROCK!

They also love the band Y&T.

I've hung out with him and his kin many times in the past at Y&T shows.

They are all great people.

Anyway a few years ago I wore my "Fly By Night" T-shirt to a Y&T show and Tony commented on it.

We talked about Rush for a few minutes. Good times.

Another strange thing happened at the Rush Shoreline Show! I seem to be connected to the La Russa family by fate or destiny or whatever.

Wendy and I had sixth row center for Rush at Shoreline this month.

Well guess who was directly behind us?

Mrs. La Russa, her daughter, and her daughter's boyfriend!

It was awesome!

Life is short. The La Russa Family are great people.

I used to check out their groceries at Safeway in the late Eighties and we bonded way back then in Alamo Ca.

Those were the days. I have a bunch of stories about those days, but I won't bore you with them!

RUSH ON!

1022.gif

I'm a huge Cardinals fan myself.... so yeah, seeing Geddy had me grinning from ear to ear.

Who knew La Russa liked them?

Frankly, I haven't been too happy with Tony lately.... maybe this will change my mind.

QUOTE (analog guy @ Aug 21 2010, 11:48 PM)
I'm a huge Cardinals fan myself.... so yeah, seeing Geddy had me grinning from ear to ear.

Who knew La Russa liked them?

Frankly, I haven't been too happy with Tony lately.... maybe this will change my mind.

Thank goodness the Cards beat Timmy tonight!! YES!!

GO CARDS! GIANTS MUST PERISH! 1287.gif

If he indeed was there, then we might have to pay him to go more games. Two big wins after a horrible losing streak.

Maybe he's the Cardinals' new good luck charm.

(Yeah, I know he's a Blue Jays man first and foremost. I can dream, right?)

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 22 2010, 10:13 PM)
Nice win today Cards fans! 

They really let Zito have it!  I taped the game on my Comcast box and it's on right now.

I love watching the Giants lose!!

trink39.gif

goodpost.gif

Giants stink! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif pokey.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Archived