Rush security handles minor incident at Irvine

O'Malley's Beat

A great story, and very well scribed. A talent I appreciate.

It must've been a great disappointment to be a part of this disturbance, but you overcame and enjoyed. No small thanks to the pros on stage and off.

Cheers!

Welcome O'Malley (and SC should she decide to join as well???)

Great story. You said it yourself - what a truly class act these guys are. Mosbach's security team, by all reports, seems to be truly professional instead of the goon squads/assemblies of thugs some touring acts hire.

What a great report!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And WELCOME!!!!!

We found out how much the guys watch us in the audience in R30 Roadshow. I am amazed that, with everything else they have to control, they remember and discuss audience events. AMAZED!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

Terrific story and very well written.

I'm glad you and your family were able to have an enjoyable time! It's a relief to hear it was handled quickly and professionally.

You know the saying about an asshole in every crowd? They are usually and blissfully outnumbered.

I LOVE reading these kinds of stories and reports. It's very interesting, especially to see how the band interacts with its audience not only on a wide-spread basis, but on an individual level as well.

Sorry to hear about your disturbance, but if it can shed any light on the situation, realize how fortunate and lucky you are that this drunken woman put you into close conversation with one of the band members themselves. If Alex made direct eye contact with me and I said "Thank You" and he nodded and grinned at me, I'm pretty sure I'd faint!

Glad you had a good time though!

QUOTE (briremo @ Aug 15 2010, 05:52 PM)
Thinking about it now, security should have done something before it got out of hand.

Well, they did give "PT" a chance to get it together before tossing her. What a waste of a good front row seat.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 15 2010, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (briremo @ Aug 15 2010, 05:52 PM)
Thinking about it now, security should have done something before it got out of hand.

Well, they did give "PT" a chance to get it together before tossing her. What a waste of a good front row seat.

they should drag an idiot like that to the back and bring some loyal fan to the front smile.gif

Bravo, excellent report and welcome to TRF O'Malley yes.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif . I must have been right behind you as I was in the 2nd row ( guy with a VAPOR TRAILS T shirt and airdrumming and singing wildly). I didn't see a lot of the trouble that was going on but I did witness Micheal Mosbach springing into action and telling this girl that she had to leave. All in all a fantastic show but I am sorry that you and your party had to endure that shit from a hopeless and out of control drunk. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

Thank you all for your warm welcome and kind comments! I did read Roadshow upon release, and thanks for reminding me of how my incident parallels those from the book. I shall read it again.

I spoke today with my brother and SC, and reality is beginning to set in for us - we really were "taken care of" by Rush. No doubt this subject was touched upon by the Rush team after the show. I joked on the way to the show that Alex was going to be our buddy for the evening. I just couldn't imagine to what extent.

Yes, event security did not perform well. They gave the situation some bare-minimum attention, at best, and must have congratulated themsevles on a great job. Pretty embarassing that band security showed 'em up!

And, oh yes, eye contact with the band has a way to make you a bit wobbly. I remained standing only on pure adreneline at that moment. It's quite surreal. SC said she about dropped to the mat after her contact.

Thanks for the R30 pic of Alex - that's about the view I had Friday.

QUOTE (O'Malley's Beat @ Aug 15 2010, 08:55 PM)
Thank you all for your warm welcome and kind comments! I did read Roadshow upon release, and thanks for reminding me of how my incident parallels those from the book. I shall read it again.

I spoke today with my brother and SC, and reality is beginning to set in for us - we really were "taken care of" by Rush. No doubt this subject was touched upon by the Rush team after the show. I joked on the way to the show that Alex was going to be our buddy for the evening. I just couldn't imagine to what extent.

Yes, event security did not perform well. They gave the situation some bare-minimum attention, at best, and must have congratulated themsevles on a great job. Pretty embarassing that band security showed 'em up!

And, oh yes, eye contact with the band has a way to make you a bit wobbly. I remained standing only on pure adreneline at that moment. It's quite surreal. SC said she about dropped to the mat after her contact.

Thanks for the R30 pic of Alex - that's about the view I had Friday.

bekloppt.gif welcome! and thanks for detailed post - very interesting. they are all aware of audience but alex really interacts. on s&a leg 1 in camden he waved playfully to little boy brought to concert and just now in camden i saw him mouthing 'thank you!" (twice) to someone in the crowd up close. these guys (to me) seem like the real deal. cool dudes.

What an awesome read!! I love the feel good stories!!! Thanks to Alex for taking care of you all!! 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

I am curious, at what point does security become the responsibility of the bands security, rather than venue security? I would assume that it would be when the band members or stage are being affected by some fans behavior or actions?

I have been to 2 shows in the past week and security was very different at each. Security at the Shoreline last Monday seemed to disappear 2 songs prior to the encore, and many fans rushed down the aisles to the front. From where I was sitting it looked like the second row suddenly ended up being about 5 or 6 people deep. It didn't affect me in row 12 but if I had been down there I would have been pretty upset. At Vegas last night, security was very tight and I don' think that anyone got in to the first 4 rows who didn't belong (or if they did, they didn't get to stay there long). They were actually counting heads in each row throughout the show. Some venues could really learn a thing or 2 from security at a facility like MGM.

Since I was fortunate enough to be third row last night, I know that I appreciated their efforts.

Awesome show last night, BTW.