The Doctor Who thread.

The Owl

Just bought each family member this t shirt:

http://www.tvmoviedepot.com/images/Dr_Who_Keep_Calm_Blue_shirt_POP.jpg

... from the BEST Doctor Who episode ever.

I don't know why, but I really hate the "keep calm and ___" slogans

No t-shirt for you then for Christmas, Janie will use the extra one as a headscarf! :P

I saw a preview yesterday for tonight's Doctor Who titled, "Into the Dalek." It had a great one liner that went something like this:

Doctor: This is Clara. Not my assistant... some other word...

Clara: I'm his carer.

Doctor: Yeah my carer. She cares so I don't have to.

Hmmm, don't know how well that transferred over to type but seeing those two in the scene was great. It was funny.

Anyhoooooo. Second episode tonight! :banana:

• Like 2

I saw a preview yesterday for tonight's Doctor Who titled, "Into the Dalek." It had a great one liner that went something like this:

Hmmm, don't know how well that transferred over to type but seeing those two in the scene was great. It was funny.

:LOL:

Looks like it's going to be a good one

:LOL:

Looks like it's going to be a good one

It's going to be interesting to see how his character develops.

I thought that was a great episode.

Capaldi gives more of an indication of the way he's going to be playing the part, now that the post-regeneration is out of the way. The new season arc, with Missy and "Heaven", looks like it could be interesting. Don't know what direction that will go.

I also doubt we've seen the last of Rusty :D

• Like 1

The episode was wayyyyyyyy too Clara-heavy for me.

It's time for a new companion.

Sometimes Capaldi talks too fast! I have a hard time catching some of what he says. :LOL:

And I agree, Y_L, I think we are going to be seeing much more of "heaven" and Rusty. :yes:

Well, that won't happen until next year at the earliest, so you'll have to make do with her for now. I actually thought last weeks episode was more Clara-heavy than this one.

But I guess I'm in the minority, since I like Clara.

• Like 1

Well, that won't happen until next year at the earliest, so you'll have to make do with her for now. I actually thought last weeks episode was more Clara-heavy than this one.

But I guess I'm in the minority, since I like Clara.

Ever since they end of The Name of the Doctor, she's really turned around for me. After they solved the impossible girl thing, she's become much less generic. I like her a lot so far this series.

I like her, don't get me wrong. I just want my episodes to have the companion more in the background. I like her WAY better than Rose which is everyone's favorite I gather.

I watched tonight's preview earlier today and can't wait to watch. I love Robin Hood. And it looks like they've ramped up the budget!

I like her, don't get me wrong. I just want my episodes to have the companion more in the background. I like her WAY better than Rose which is everyone's favorite I gather.

I watched tonight's preview earlier today and can't wait to watch. I love Robin Hood. And it looks like they've ramped up the budget!

Rose was good, but Donna was great. Way better than Amy. She was so 2d and boring. Was so glad to see her killed off

• Like 2

Rose was good, but Donna was great. Way better than Amy. She was so 2d and boring. Was so glad to see her killed off

Yeah, Donna is my favourite of the 21st century companions. Tate and Tennant work perfectly together.

The Robin Hood episode really was funny, giving Capaldi a chance to stretch his comedy muscles, but in a more grumpy way. The spoon fight and the archery contest were both highlights. :LOL:

Next weeks episode looks like it's going to be more of a scary one.

• Like 2

I read that the actress who plays Clara is leaving and the Christmas episode will be her last. People are speculating who the new companion will be and most think it'll be the guy who works with Clara, Danny Pink.

I thought this episode was dreadful part shit comedy, part kids tv drama. I turned it off halfway through.

Bring back Tennant and Davies.

Ouch! :LOL: I liked it. It wasn't companion-heavy, in fact, I very much enjoyed Clara in this episode. Especially telling Robin Hood and The Doctor to, "SHUT UP!" in the cell. Just as Y_L pointed out, I thought it had some great humor. I enjoyed the scene when Capaldi was taking body samples from each of Robin's Merry Men, informing Alan a Dale (do I have this character right?) that he only had six months to live and in a later scene Robin was discussing their future and out pops Capaldi to reminder Alan that, in his case, his next six months. I had a real lol moment. My nerdness truly shined while watching this episode.

Edited by Janie
  • Like 1

Went to the bookstore today and found their little Doctor Who section has vastly grown. I had previously bought the Doctor Who book, "The Vault" which kicks some major behind and they have since added a TON of items. I picked up a set containing three sonic screwdrivers. They are the coolest things ever. Its a nice addition to the miniature Tardis and Dalek we have. When I went to the counter the girl asked if I had a Doctor Who fan in the house (which is interesting to me that she automatically assumed it couldn't be me). Anyway, we started up a long conversation and ended up spazzing out over trivia and such. Someone came into the line and I had to go but that was a cool little experience I had today. :) I flew my nerd fan high.
  • Like 1

Are Doctor Who DVDs expensive as hell in the UK or is it just like that here in the US? I was thinking of getting all the stuff from the reboot until now on DVD but the prices were quite high. I was at Best Buy last week and seasons two and three were $42 each which I didn't think was all that bad but seasons four through seven range from $50-$75 a set. They're pretty high on the BBC's page as well with some sets getting close to the $100 range. I was not expecting those kind of prices. Maybe i'm just ignorant of how much it costs them to make the show and these DVD sets :huh:

As for the new season, I think Capaldi is doing a very good job. I really liked the first two episodes but the last one just fell flat to me. It looks like the next episode will be a bit creepy, so hopefully it will be good.

Are Doctor Who DVDs expensive as hell in the UK or is it just like that here in the US? I was thinking of getting all the stuff from the reboot until now on DVD but the prices were quite high. I was at Best Buy last week and seasons two and three were $42 each which I didn't think was all that bad but seasons four through seven range from $50-$75 a set. They're pretty high on the BBC's page as well with some sets getting close to the $100 range. I was not expecting those kind of prices. Maybe i'm just ignorant of how much it costs them to make the show and these DVD sets :huh:

As for the new season, I think Capaldi is doing a very good job. I really liked the first two episodes but the last one just fell flat to me. It looks like the next episode will be a bit creepy, so hopefully it will be good.

I thought the last episode was kind of bland too.

Edited by EagleMoon

Check out Target. I saw Doctor Who series sets for like 15 bucks. They were the David Tennant ones.

Whew, those are expensive!

You can get most of the complete season boxsets for about £15 - £20 here

Well, I absolutely loved that! Nice and creepy.

I loved how they were ambiguous about whether or not there was a monster, with everything in the episode being given a possible rational explanation.

Then there was the WTF moment in the barn.

• Like 2

Well, I absolutely loved that! Nice and creepy.

I loved how they were ambiguous about whether or not there was a monster, with everything in the episode being given a possible rational explanation.

Then there was the WTF moment in the barn.

:yes: BIG WTF moment in the barn. Huge gasp when that was revealed.

That was a fantastic episode. I love some of the witty one-liners Capaldi has.

• Like 2