The Owl

Capaldi's been added to my Sig at long last...ah..that's better

here it is, for those of you with sigs turned off

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/TDear_1984/DrWho12Sm_zps3214db87.gif

• Like 5

Fantastic capture of their personalities, especially Baker's! Thanks for posting it because I have sigs turned off. This was great to see!!

• Like 1

Fantastic capture of their personalities, especially Baker's! Thanks for posting it because I have sigs turned off. This was great to see!!

Thanks Janie :) Glad you like it.

It was quite a task sifting through my DVDs finding the just the right moment for each Doctor.

It was quite a task sifting through my DVDs finding the just the right moment for each Doctor.

Any idea how long it takes to get the right sequence captured? :)

Well, it took me about a week to compile the original pre-Capaldi gif (not a solid week, though :LOL: ) most of which of which was scanning my memory of appropriate moments to suit each Doctor, and finding them on my DVDs

I already knew which 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th & 10th clips I was going to use before watching them back. I had some trouble with the 3rd, because I originally wanted to have him using his sonic screwdriver, but the shots were either too short (everyone was getting an equal 6 frames) or they had Jo Grant standing next to him (and I wanted to keep it just the Doctors).

5th and 6th took a little bit of finding something usable.

With 8th and 11th, I didn't have much to choose from (I made the original back when there had been only three Matt Smith episodes) same with Capaldi.

I had another problem with the 9th. I decided I wanted to use his angry face, rather than his big grin face (to contrast it with Tennant's grin face) but, again, most of the shots didn't last long enough due to quick cutting, or were too static to bother using in an animated gif.

But I'm happy with them all now.

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 2

Well, it took me about a week to compile the original pre-Capaldi gif (not a solid week, though :LOL: ) most of which of which was scanning my memory of appropriate moments to suit each Doctor, and finding them on my DVDs

I already knew which 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th & 10th clips I was going to use before watching them back. I had some trouble with the 3rd, because I originally wanted to have him using his sonic screwdriver, but the shots were either too short (everyone was getting an equal 6 frames) or they had Jo Grant standing next to him (and I wanted to keep it just the Doctors).

With 8th and 11th, I didn't have much to choose from (I made the original back when there had been only three Matt Smith episodes) same with Capaldi.

I had another problem with the 9th. I decided I wanted to use his angry face, rather than his big grin face (to contrast it with Tennant's grin face) but, again, most of the shots didn't last long enough due to quick cutting, or were too static to bother using in an animated gif.

They're all great - I could never do anything like that: I have no knowledge of GIFs or anything.

• Like 1

You did such a bang up job with this. I can't believe how well this sequence turned out. I knew it must have taken you a decent chunk of your time. Shows your true love for the Doctor! :notworthy:

• Like 1

I thought that was a really fun episode, with Capaldi taking centre stage.

"Shutity up up up!"

I'm so sad I haven't seen the episode yet. I hate not watching it the night it aired but we had a real sick little guy on our hands. Have to play mom first. I'm hoping to watch it tomorrow night.

"Shutity up up up!"

I'm so sad I haven't seen the episode yet. I hate not watching it the night it aired but we had a real sick little guy on our hands. Have to play mom first. I'm hoping to watch it tomorrow night.

I'm glad I didn't post any spoilers, then. Hope the little fella's feeling better.

"Shutity up up up!"

I'm glad I didn't post any spoilers, then. Hope the little fella's feeling better.

Thanks! And definitely no spoilers. Tried watching it last night, at 10pm. I curled up in a huge comfy chair surrounded with pillows and blankets. I fell fast asleep in about 2 minutes! Will try again later. Perhaps sitting uncomfortably on the floor with a pot of coffee.

There were bits of it I really liked, and bits of it not so much...

I loved the little moment when the Doctor whistled a few bars of Another Brick in the Wall :LOL:

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 1

^ What did you think of the Ark in Space reissue bud? Eventually the reissues and the boxes (shrewd marketing) and all the Davison stuff (my second fave Doc now). They always have good sales on here thankfully.

It's a great set. Even though it's Baker's 2nd story, it's completely different to Robot due to the change in production team. The start of the Hinchcliffe era. Tom dials back the Doctor a bit from his debut, and nails it. The speech about the humans being indomitable is a defining moment for him.

The extras on the reissue are great, too.

Which are your favourites of the Davison stories, then? I love Kinda. A very different kind of story.

• Like 1

^ What did you think of the Ark in Space reissue bud? Eventually the reissues and the boxes (shrewd marketing) and all the Davison stuff (my second fave Doc now). They always have good sales on here thankfully.

It's a great set. Even though it's Baker's 2nd story, it's completely different to Robot due to the change in production team. The start of the Hinchcliffe era. Tom dials back the Doctor a bit from his debut, and nails it. The speech about the humans being indomitable is a defining moment for him.

Which are your favourites of the Davison stories, then? I love Kinda. A very different kind of story.

I always appreciate your replies on Who stuff, thanks...nah, I'm still getting around to Peter's stories, I would've seen many of them way back but hard to remember now. It's a no brainer for the Ark reissue I know, just was interested to know the extras they packed in there (have the original). Do you have The Hinchcliffe Years hardcover glossy book? That's something else I had Tom sign, lol...I will certainly get back to you when I finish Peter's stories. He's vastly underrated in the community I find, love his style of humour and humanity he weaves into the role. Some fine stories he had been given as well.

• Like 1

I always appreciate your replies on Who stuff, thanks...nah, I'm still getting around to Peter's stories, I would've seen many of them way back but hard to remember now. It's a no brainer for the Ark reissue I know, just was interested to know the extras they packed in there (have the original). Do you have The Hinchcliffe Years hardcover glossy book? That's something else I had Tom sign, lol...I will certainly get back to you when I finish Peter's stories. He's vastly underrated in the community I find, love his style of humour and humanity he weaves into the role. Some fine stories he had been given as well.

The main "making of..." on the Ark in Space is great, like they always are. As well as focusing on the making of the story itself, it looks into the change of production team, and the changes made to the stories already commissioned under Barry Letts team. As well as that, there's a whole bunch of other bits and pieces.

I don't have The Hinchcliffe Years book, though.

• Like 1

I finally got caught up. Just watched the most recent episode.

Embarrassing. Laughable. The moon as an egg. Really? And then it hatches, the thing flies away but somehow manages to lay an egg as a newborn dragonlicetickthing that is larger than itself so that the Earth still has a moon and things can carry on as normal.

I just...IDK... wow.

• Like 1

I finally got caught up. Just watched the most recent episode.

Embarrassing. Laughable. The moon as an egg. Really? And then it hatches, the thing flies away but somehow manages to lay an egg as a newborn dragonlicetickthing that is larger than itself so that the Earth still has a moon and things can carry on as normal.

I just...IDK... wow.

Which is a shame....because up to the half way point I thought it was great....then it fell apart (or hatched :huh: )

It didn't help that the episode was hyped with talk of "Things never being the same again after this" and "the Doctor does something un-heroic"....but in the end they were only referring to the bit where Clara rants at the Doctor.