Im seeing RUSH on 8/11!!!

Agtang98

I'll be at Gibson also Wed. night. See you there.

Hope they are selling the polo shirts at the show. For whatever reason, that strikes me as the most interesting in what looks to be a "bland" selection this time out. Also, sad to hear some comments about the quality of their shirts dropping. I mean my 30th anniversary shirt still looks perfect. Hope they didn't get slipshod like my last t-shirts at Paul McCartney and Cheap Trick this year. Complete and utter garbage. I thought the bands would at least approve the merchandise quality but obviously, those two acts no longer care.

RUSH has had the most durable of just about anyone else, hope they haven't screwed over the fans like the others.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Aug 9 2010, 09:59 PM)
Here's a fun fact. In order to initiate sex for a praying mantas, the female must rip the head off of the male.

Are you sure that is to initiate sex..... I thought it was after sex.

Headless sex would not be much fun. unsure.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Aug 9 2010, 08:59 PM)
Here's a fun fact. In order to initiate sex for a praying mantas, the female must rip the head off of the male.

bitch

QUOTE (jonboy71 @ Aug 11 2010, 06:06 PM)
I need a ticket. Anyone got an extra? call or text me at 919-522-2826. I'll be heading to the venue shortly in hopes of finding a ticket.

dazed025.gif

It's RUSH by no means must you wait until you go to the venue on the day of the show in hopes of finding a ticket no.gif Always have a ticket to get in. That way you're not completely screwed out of the show.

Great show Wed. night. As usual, the band delivered. IN regards to tickets, they were selling the cheap seats at the door upon entry, not scalpers, but Universal. Have never seen that at a RUSH show before.

By the way, not sure if anyone else agrees, but Universal seems to be going downhill. It was hot inside, there wasn't an usher in sight(I was in the loge) which allowed people to stand in the aisles and obstruct my view. But the biggest gripe I have is I paid $150 bucks and the view was obstructed by the speakers. No biggie in that I could see the band, just not the videos behind them, but it I am pretty p-o'd that I paid top $$ and couldn't see 100%.

Still, the band was great, just not the venue.

Edited by jjgittes

QUOTE (jjgittes @ Aug 12 2010, 08:59 AM)
In regards to tickets, they were selling the cheap seats at the door upon entry, not scalpers, but Universal.

no.gif They were selling lawn seats to Friday's Irvine show at a reduced rate. One of those LiveNation deals.

Amazing show!!!! The Camera Eye was worth the price of admission alone!

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

QUOTE (jjgittes @ Aug 12 2010, 10:59 AM)
Great show Wed. night. As usual, the band delivered. IN regards to tickets, they were selling the cheap seats at the door upon entry, not scalpers, but Universal. Have never seen that at a RUSH show before.

By the way, not sure if anyone else agrees, but Universal seems to be going downhill. It was hot inside, there wasn't an usher in sight(I was in the loge) which allowed people to stand in the aisles and obstruct my view. But the biggest gripe I have is I paid $150 bucks and the view was obstructed by the speakers. No biggie in that I could see the band, just not the videos behind them, but it I am pretty p-o'd that I paid top $$ and couldn't see 100%.

Where do you get this info from? There were two long lines at each box office for at least 3 hours before the show and only 1 SINGLE Ticket drop came down 10 minutes after Rush hit the stage. There were NOT cheap tickets to be had anywhere. Lot's of people got shut out on this show.

QUOTE (jonboy71 @ Aug 12 2010, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (jjgittes @ Aug 12 2010, 10:59 AM)

Where do you get this info from? There were two long lines at each box office for at least 3 hours before the show and only 1 SINGLE Ticket drop came down 10 minutes after Rush hit the stage. There were NOT cheap tickets to be had anywhere. Lot's of people got shut out on this show.

the demand was huge for this show. they could have easily sold out 2 shows at this venue I think.