Interruption

LiquidSteel

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 11 2010, 06:47 AM)
QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Aug 11 2010, 05:51 AM)
Titans and Saints

This makes sense actually, as I imagine you're almost exactly halfway between New Orleans and Nashville.

Closer to Nashville by 130 or so miles.

Even though the Titans are closer to north Mississippi, the Saints have a stronger following in this region. It's been that way since Archie Manning played for the Saints in the '70s.

@ILSnowdog: At least they're not the Aints anymore. But if they start losing again, the paper bags will return. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Inthend @ Aug 12 2010, 08:26 PM)
panthers

lots of young players this year. might surprize. might be ugly.

I have a lot of respect for the Panthers. They showed a lot of guts dumping Delhomme, and it was the right thing to do. I think they'll surprise a lot of people this year. 1022.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 12 2010, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Aug 12 2010, 10:22 PM)
LOL.gif  Anyone that plays the Bears.  LOL.gif

How can you hate the Bears? wtf.gif

The same way many people in Chicago hate the Hawks. Joniak, Bernstein, Kunelis, Gleason and others are on record saying that. All Bears fans, I might add. Even after game 1 against Nashville, I heard voices expressing happiness from the Hawks' loss. I want their team to lose every time. Sorry, Jim. This is a long battle between me and the Chicago media.

New England all the way!! Great pre-season game v. the Saints last night. They can only help themselves playing the (current) best team in the league. cool.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 13 2010, 12:57 PM)
....one's self esteem regarding one's favorite sports team should not be contigent on the opinions of complete strangers in the media.

That should be the First Commandment for all sports fandom.

NO newspaper, TV or radio mouthpiece should ever dominate one's opinion or support of one's team. Listen to or read what they have to say, but apply some critical thinking when you do. They are not all equal; some are more rational than others. It they make sense, then fine. If they don't, ignore them.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 13 2010, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 13 2010, 12:57 PM)
....one's self esteem regarding one's favorite sports team should not be contigent on the opinions of complete strangers in the media.

That should be the First Commandment for all sports fandom.

NO newspaper, TV or radio mouthpiece should ever dominate one's opinion or support of one's team. Listen to or read what they have to say, but apply some critical thinking when you do. They are not all equal; some are more rational than others. It they make sense, then fine. If they don't, ignore them.

That doesn't work in Chicago. I get hostile thoughts about the Hawks from friends, co-workers and people in general all thanks to dumbasses in the media who were able to condition above mentioned mindset of sports fans towards my team. We lost a whole generation of possible fans because of this anti-hockey propaganda. Screw those bastards. Now back to the true meaning of this thread....Go Chargers tomorrow! common001.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 13 2010, 03:19 PM)
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

facepalm.gif

could be worse (how you ask?)

Bills fan here

so much for letting the mouthpieces dominate my support, they all hate Buffalo...except Chris Berman

0-16 seems to be a popular prediction for this year.

Yes TO leaving takes away 6 wins and getting a better coach does nothing...people forget just how bad Dick Jauron was, anyone would be better. Plus that was 6-10 with an interim coach for about half a season and a few new major injuries a week.

then everyone points to the quarterback...could 3 of the big name QB's in this draft...blah blah

completely related sidenote: I hate ESPN

also, anyone who plays the Jets. I think it will be the only time I have ever rooted for the Dolphins (and normally they're my most hated team) ever since they moved their training camp to Cortland the local media feels the need to cover their every fart and burp. It's annoying (and makes the sports page unreadable). Plus the national sports media is in a Jets lovefest. They may be taking over the Dolphins as my most hated team.

and people wonder why I don't watch Sportscenter.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 13 2010, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 13 2010, 01:57 PM)
While I don't necessarily disagree or agree with your assessment of Bernstein...

take a stand! laugh.gif

It's OK. Pedro knows that I'm right. Bernstien is a pud. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Aug 14 2010, 07:08 AM)
Plus the national sports media is in a Jets lovefest.

The national sports media (led by ESPN) cares only about New York/Boston. With the exception of maybe the Dallas Cowboys, everyone else comes in a distant 2nd.

When it comes to the NFL and MLB, that's IT. It makes me want to 062802puke_prv.gif I don't even see NYC and Boston as two separate cities. It's that whole region that has its collective ass kissed every day by ESPN and company....

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 14 2010, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Aug 14 2010, 07:08 AM)
Plus the national sports media is in a Jets lovefest.

The national sports media (led by ESPN) cares only about New York/Boston. With the exception of maybe the Dallas Cowboys, everyone else comes in a distant 2nd.

When it comes to the NFL and MLB, that's IT. It makes me want to 062802puke_prv.gif I don't even see NYC and Boston as two separate cities. It's that whole region that has its collective ass kissed every day by ESPN and company....

yes.gif goodpost.gif

I can't stand ESPN for that very reason.