I won...

woodring2112

... backstage passes to the Salt Lake City show on the radio today. I am in complete and total shock.

My daughter is completely stoked, though.

I'm sure I will post a more emotional response once the shock wears off.

wow.

You got a meet & greet or actual backstage passes? Congrats either way - but I thought the latter didn't exist.

Can't wait to see your pics! trink39.gif

They're billed as Backstage Passes by the radio station, but I'm sure they're "just" meet and greets.

BTW, who's been to one in the last few tours? I know they used to use the silly little disposable cameras to take the pics, but in the Documentary they show a full on camera setup. how does one get their pix?

QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Aug 2 2010, 09:20 PM)
They're billed as Backstage Passes by the radio station, but I'm sure they're "just" meet and greets.

BTW, who's been to one in the last few tours? I know they used to use the silly little disposable cameras to take the pics, but in the Documentary they show a full on camera setup. how does one get their pix?

I think they take your pic with good cameras like you saw in the documentary, then give you a link to go to and see the photos, perhaps buy them (don't know about the last part).

I'm jealous!!!

I won backstage passes during the S & A tour which consisted of a complete tour of all areas backstage, a walk through the stage itself with up close looks at the drum set, guitars, amps, footpedals, etc, a look at the neil inner sanctum where he warms up and a peek at his travel cases, with his accumulated road souvenirs, etc, and dinner with the crew before the show.

So there are different radio contests out there for sure.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Aug 3 2010, 06:01 AM)
I won backstage passes during the S & A tour which consisted of a complete tour of all areas backstage, a walk through the stage itself with up close looks at the drum set, guitars, amps, footpedals, etc, a look at the neil inner sanctum where he warms up and a peek at his travel cases, with his accumulated road souvenirs, etc, and dinner with the crew before the show.

Well, I won't get my hopes up. Frankly, I may soil myself during the meet and greet. My daughter is already laughing at me because I couldn't stop smiling and giggling and screaming on the drive down to the station yesterday to sign for them. I don't get the PASSES until the day of (will call), but I'm still completely stoked.

More to report... AFTER!

QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Aug 3 2010, 07:07 AM)

Well, I won't get my hopes up. Frankly, I may soil myself during the meet and greet. My daughter is already laughing at me because I couldn't stop smiling and giggling and screaming on the drive down to the station yesterday to sign for them. I don't get the PASSES until the day of (will call), but I'm still completely stoked.

More to report... AFTER!

What I didn't tell you was that we each got used drumsticks from the previous night's show, and a handful of picks as well. I did soil myself blush4.gif

QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Aug 2 2010, 08:59 PM)
... backstage passes to the Salt Lake City show on the radio today. I am in complete and total shock.

My daughter is completely stoked, though.

I'm sure I will post a more emotional response once the shock wears off.

wow.

GAH! I am going to that show, but we don't have any stations in my area (Twin Falls, ID) that are promoting the concert, so my chances of getting passes are slim to none! fists crying.gif

Happy for you though! Have a great time! And tell Geddy I said "hi!" cool.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 3 2010, 05:28 AM)
QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Aug 2 2010, 09:20 PM)

BTW, who's been to one in the last few tours?  I know they used to use the silly little disposable cameras to take the pics, but in the Documentary they show a full on camera setup.  how does one get their pix?

I think they take your pic with good cameras like you saw in the documentary, then give you a link to go to and see the photos, perhaps buy them (don't know about the last part).

I'm jealous!!!

Yes, John Arrowsmith takes the meet & greet pictures (very high quality). He'll usually take 2 shots and then give you a link to the site where you can upload 'em.

Congrats and enjoy!

QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Aug 3 2010, 07:07 AM)

More to report... AFTER!

Have fun, post pics afterwards and be sure to wear a diaper laugh.gif