2 part question for rushgals

hughes&kettner

I only like and wear Old Navy Sweetheart Bootcut jeans wub.gif

Been wearing them for about 4ish years now. They are the first jeans that have ever fit me right.

For the hubby. I like him in Levis, but really most mens jeans seem to look the same so I buy what I like and for the right price.

Levi's - usually bootcut, 501's

We both get ours from Bluenotes.

I wear the Kate and Morgan cuts which are low cut and he wears the Dylan cut, which I dunno what it is specifically but looks damn nice. drool1.gif

For me, I don't really have a preference on brand. I always get low-rise jeans because I have a short torso and it makes me look a little more proportioned. And I usually get boot-cut, because I always wear boots (either "cowboy" style or motorcycle style, because I am bad-ass! cool.gif ) in the cooler months.

For a man, I don't care. As long as they fit well, and they have a nice ass... laugh.gif

None of that "waistband-below-the-ass-cheeks" crap, either! That just looks freaking stupid! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Guess low-rise, skinny leg fit me quite well. I do have a couple pairs of Seven For All Mankind and they fit nicely as well, but I am less than pleased with the durability. They are already fraying around the hem and they're two years old, very moderate wear. Won't be going that route again at that price. no.gif

As for the husband - it would take an act of Congress and the Supreme Court both to get him to wear jeans. If the temperature is above 50 degrees, he's in shorts. Colder temps - he wears Dockers if we are going out somewhere, otherwise he's in Adidas tennis warm-ups (not really "sweats"). He hates jeans.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 3 2010, 06:15 AM)
As for the husband - it would take an act of Congress and the Supreme Court both to get him to wear jeans. If the temperature is above 50 degrees, he's in shorts. Colder temps - he wears Dockers if we are going out somewhere, otherwise he's in Adidas tennis warm-ups (not really "sweats"). He hates jeans.

Mine only ever wears Levis. Nothing wrong with Levis though. But it's the only pant he'll wear. Even when it's really hot out. Levis jeans. 501s.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 3 2010, 08:15 AM)
Guess low-rise, skinny leg fit me quite well. I do have a couple pairs of Seven For All Mankind and they fit nicely as well, but I am less than pleased with the durability. They are already fraying around the hem and they're two years old, very moderate wear. Won't be going that route again at that price. no.gif

Yeah...my hubby doesn't wear jeans very often either. I LOVE jeans on a man too! What the hell?! fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 3 2010, 06:15 AM)

My Hudsons are probably my favorite but the material itself is very thin so I wear the jeans sparingly to ensure I have them for a long time. I'm a believer in spending the extra money on a really good pair of jeans but they better damn well last for years. Same goes for shoes. I only have a handful of shoes, quite unlike most girls. I don't mind spending the extra money on a nice, good quality pair of shoes but just like jeans, they better last me a long ass time. My absolute favorite shoes I've had for about 15 years. Yep. Fifteen. Oh, and one purse is all I own.

I'm on the hunt for new jeans at the moment. I used to wear Express jeans ALL the time but they changed their sizing/cuts so the size I usually wear is super tight on me. I'm not ok with that!!!

I want to go back to Gap jeans possibly but they are pricey for the cheapskate I am..

My man likes his Levis too. He'll wear LLBean normal-fit jeans too. He's a classic-jeans man. He has a couple boot-cut like pairs and he looks kinda funny in them

Janie, my fi is the same -- never EVER wears shorts, no matter how hot.

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 3 2010, 10:34 AM)
Oh, and one purse is all I own.

I spent a LOT of money (for me) on a Michael Kors handbag last February. I felt so guilty doing so until I noticed I literally stopped looking at purses when I went shopping. I would buy bags and such all the time but now, that I dropped $300 on the Michael, I don't care to look at others. And it's not the price that stopped me, it was the quality of the bag itself. Plus, it's a classic shape and camel-color, and big enough to hold all my stuff.

I've spent a lot on sh*t purses in my life -- probably more than the MK one! And they all fell apart or I got tired of them after about a month. $20 here and there for a handbag adds up and you're left with nothing in the end!!!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 3 2010, 10:19 AM)

I spent a LOT of money (for me) on a Michael Kors handbag last February. I felt so guilty doing so until I noticed I literally stopped looking at purses when I went shopping. I would buy bags and such all the time but now, that I dropped $300 on the Michael, I don't care to look at others. And it's not the price that stopped me, it was the quality of the bag itself. Plus, it's a classic shape and camel-color, and big enough to hold all my stuff.

I've spent a lot on sh*t purses in my life -- probably more than the MK one! And they all fell apart or I got tired of them after about a month. $20 here and there for a handbag adds up and you're left with nothing in the end!!!

See that's what Im hoping will happen when I finally get the Coach Madison handbag I've been drooling over for a while. That I will stop making multiple purchases of the same thing that never lasts! But for someone who loves to shop as much as I do... I dunno if me dropping $300 on a bag will cure that or not.

Till then my Bluenotes jeans will do just fine. I used to wear Old Navy jeans but they don't fit my body shape well at all. Bluenotes does and for the price I usually leave the store with a couple pairs. I used to go to Jean Machine and get the expensive brands like Parasuco and Guess but they actually didn't last as long as Bluenotes have. My cat destroyed my $85 pair of jeans, cause he plays rough... he hasn't been able to destroy my Bluenotes.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 3 2010, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 3 2010, 10:19 AM)

See that's what Im hoping will happen when I finally get the Coach Madison handbag I've been drooling over for a while. That I will stop making multiple purchases of the same thing that never lasts! But for someone who loves to shop as much as I do... I dunno if me dropping $300 on a bag will cure that or not.

Till then my Bluenotes jeans will do just fine. I used to wear Old Navy jeans but they don't fit my body shape well at all. Bluenotes does and for the price I usually leave the store with a couple pairs. I used to go to Jean Machine and get the expensive brands like Parasuco and Guess but they actually didn't last as long as Bluenotes have. My cat destroyed my $85 pair of jeans, cause he plays rough... he hasn't been able to destroy my Bluenotes.

I'm a shopaholic but the bag did cure my bag-shopping habit.

Another thing is I take care of the MK bag. Before, I just threw the cheap purses any old place. This one, I don't even like to rain drops on it!!

Oddly enough, I have several nice Coach handbags. They belonged to my sister (she gave me one as a gift and her husband gave me the others after she died), so I carry them very, very seldom as I want them to last. I'm hard on purses - uncapped pens and the like - so I tend to buy cheap and toss as necessary.

Probably it's because I don't view purses as accessories. Rather, they are a pain in the ass - I hate having to carry one. I used to be able to get along without a handbag - I'd just put whatever I needed in my wallet and drop that in a pocket (shorts in summer, jacket pocket in winter). It was SO MUCH EASIER to not have all that SHIT to lug around, get in the way. Even now I'll forego carrying one when I can get away with it. Especially at sporting events and concerts. Gonna try to avoid it at Rush this fall.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 3 2010, 04:08 PM)
Oddly enough, I have several nice Coach handbags. They belonged to my sister (she gave me one as a gift and her husband gave me the others after she died), so I carry them very, very seldom as I want them to last. I'm hard on purses - uncapped pens and the like - so I tend to buy cheap and toss as necessary.
Probably it's because I don't view purses as accessories. Rather, they are a pain in the ass - I hate having to carry one. I used to be able to get along without a handbag - I'd just put whatever I needed in my wallet and drop that in a pocket (shorts in summer, jacket pocket in winter). It was SO MUCH EASIER to not have all that SHIT to lug around, get in the way. Even now I'll forego carrying one when I can get away with it. Especially at sporting events and concerts. Gonna try to avoid it at Rush this fall.

Yeah the MK does not come with me to concerts. Or bars if I can help it. I still carry crap purses for those events.

I'm with you on the shoes. I will not buy cheap shoes. I'm on my third summer wearing my Naot sandals and everyone still thinks they look new. I get comments about my new sandals and when I say they're 3 years old no one believes me. I walked all over Memphis and Chicago in them last summer too tongue.gif Now I did pay $150ish for them but sooo worth it! I love Naot brand shoes. I have 2 pair and they feel like they were made for my feet. Super comfortable.

I'm not into purse really, but if I was I would have no problem paying $$$ for a nice one. Right now I use a Fleurville bag. It's a diaper bag actually but we are out of the diaper stage YAY here. I bought it for my going to shows bag. I wanted something big enough to carry my id, debit card and cash. And possibly Altoids Sours(my throat gets soo raw at shows from screaming laugh.gif ) And I wanted something that I could wear across me, not hanging on my shoulder. Who wants a purse on their shoulder during a concert???? Anyway I found the perfect thing and it's a Fleurville Micro Pod and AHHHH it looks like they don't make them any more. I found a link to them at Amazon but they don't even have them. I have two a brown and a green one. Now I'll be on the hunt to stock up on them if I see them on ebay

http://www.amazon.com/Fleurville-Re-Run-Mi...e/dp/B0018TZFAM

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Aug 1 2010, 03:00 PM)
reverend blue jeans here...

1.  what are your favorite/most flattering brand?
2.  same as #1, but for your man?

we know how you like to wear 'em (from another post)...
(price=no object)

1. CruelGirl

2. its really more of what's IN the jeans that counts, isn't it? wink.gif

Candies fit me pretty good at the start of the day but get baggier as the day goes on. I have a REAL hard time finding any with a good fit because of my size. So, whether it's Mudd, Paris Blues, Levis or whatever as long as I can find a pair that fits I'm happy.

Hubby wears Levis or Camo's or whatever, he's not picky.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Aug 1 2010, 10:51 PM)
I only like and wear Old Navy Sweetheart Bootcut jeans wub.gif
Been wearing them for about 4ish years now. They are the first jeans that have ever fit me right.

Me too! They come up high enough to cover my fat roll but dont look like mom jeans.

I recently got a pair from lane bryant. Very comfy but i went to get another pair but they didnt fit the same so after one pair i gave up.

I hate looking for jeans.