Rush Cocky

1994 was pretty impressive too.

The Lion King

Forrest Gump

The Mask

Dumb and Dumber

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (what's with all the Jim Carrey?)

Clerks

Naked Gun 33 1/3

Nell

The Pagemaster (I LOVED this movie when I was a kid)

Pulp Fiction 1022.gif

The Shawshank Redemption

97 was pretty good. I don't agree about Spawn though, that was a piece of shit. I was a big fan of the comics and hated the movie. Good call on Event Horizon. That movie is very underrated, although I think it's gained a bit of a cult following now.

More greatness from 1997:

Princess Mononoke

Donnie Brasco

Boogie Nights (Don Cheadle FTW!)

Chasing Amy

Wag the Dog

Lost Highway

Anaconda (I don't care, this is a great B-movie)

Cube

I Married a Strange Person (Animated movie by Bill Plympton.....one huge WTF of a film)

And the best film of 1997:

Leprechaun 4: In Space

Edited by Storm Shadow

It was a good year for movies, even though I don't go too crazy for "Titanic."

I was the manager of a video store near Boston that year. Yes, it was a good year for new releases.

My favorite of '97 was probably "Good Will Hunting."

In 1998, in was light-heated fare like "The Truman Show" and "There's Something About Mary" for me. (To this day, I still haven't seen the heavy "Saving Private Ryan.")

John Irving fanatic that I am, in 1999 I would've chosen "Cider House Rules" if not for the amazing "American Beauty." Any other year I would've picked "CHR," but "American Beauty" was so good that it tops Irving. (At least Irving won for Best Adapted Screenplay of his own novel.)

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 22 2010, 04:01 PM)
And the best film of 1997:

Leprechaun 4: In Space

laugh.gif

I don't like Titanic as much as I used to thanks to all the nonstop ridicule it got, but it was a great thing to see on a movie screen - which I was lucky enough to see on opening night because tickets for the movie sold out fast.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 22 2010, 10:27 PM)
Best movie of 1997?

Batman & Robin.

Okay, not really.

OMG! rofl3.gif

When it opened, we had that POS running on FOUR screens. I saw the movie, and I was like WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? no.gif

The next week, it was on 3 screens. The week after that we amazingly lost another print and it was on but 2 screens. It didn't take too much longer before we were down to 1 screen, and then it was outta here. Word of the suckage factor of this movie spread like wildfire. That thing had more corn in the first half hour than my entire bucket of X-Large popcorn.

Truly AWFUL. no.gif

I liked Madonna in Evita. Her voice was at its best in that one because she hired a vocal coach to improve it. Evita was a cinematic masterpiece. Madonna had a bigger influence on me than my own mother. I'm not kidding.

smile.gif