Whipping a dead horse here

ProfGumby

stand back, its a big one.....

*RANT MODE ON!*

It is a live show! Live! No studio, no editing, no re dub and no do over! That's it! You get what you get, and it was never meant to be CD perfect!!!

THERE WILL BE GLITCHES

THERE WILL BE EQUIPMENT SNAFU'S

ALEX WILL STRAY FROM THE SOLO HE PLAYED LAST TIME

THE BAND DIDN'T ASK YOU WHAT TO PLAY

THIS BAND HAS ONE OF THE MOST TECHNICALLY COMPLEX SHOWS I HAVE EVER HEARD OF, YET IT STILL WORKS NEARLY FLAWLESSLY EVERY SHOW

DUH! GEDDY'S VOICE CANNOT DO WHAT IT DID 35 FREAKIN YEARS AGO

SO WHAT IF THE BAND WANDERS INTO NEW GROUND WITH A SONG? IT IS A LIVE SHOW

MAN UP, TURN YOUR PANTS AROUND AND PUT THE ZIPPER IN FRONT WHERE IT BELONGS (men only, obviously)

*RANT MODE OFF!*

062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by ProfGumby

QUOTE (ProfGumby @ Jul 19 2010, 08:33 AM)

*RANT MODE ON!*

It is a live show! Live! No studio, no editing, no re dub and no do over! That's it! You get what you get, and it was never meant to be CD perfect!!!

THERE WILL BE GLITCHES

THIS BAND HAS ONE OF THE MOST TECHNICALLY COMPLEX SHOWS I HAVE EVER HEARD OF, YET IT STILL WORKS NEARLY FLAWLESSLY EVERY SHOW

MAN UP, TURN YOUR PANTS AROUND AND PUT THE ZIPPER IN FRONT WHERE IT BELONGS (men only, obviously)

*RANT MODE OFF!*

062802puke_prv.gif

dazed025.gif lots of whiners around here aren't gonna like this thread! laugh.gif 2.gif

True, but I gotta give up for Geddy. He still did a wicked job, and his voice isn't as gone as some may think.

Geddy Alex & Neil = Pure f***ing awesomeness!

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Jul 19 2010, 10:23 AM)

True, but I gotta give up for Geddy. He still did a wicked job, and his voice isn't as gone as some may think.

Geddy Alex & Neil = Pure f***ing awesomeness!

goodpost.gif

Ya, I was in a mood this morning...but some times things need to be said. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but after 700 threads of the same thing, I guess I felt I got to express mine.....and I do not direct the thoughts above to mere discussion of the stuff. We all know the difference between someone saying they would have liked to have heard "song" instead of "other song" vs the over the top critical fair weather fan.

And I agree, I don't think the band has ever sounded better live and I wish I could sing like Geddy even on his worst day...alas, I can't carry a tune in a bucket....

trink39.gif

(and I fixed the liver typo.... doh.gif )

Edited by ProfGumby

*RANT MODE ON!*

THERE WILL BE GLITCHES

*RANT MODE OFF!*

062802puke_prv.gif

ProfGumby, allow me to bow before you!!! You said it all. Long live 2.gif

*RANT MODE ON!*

THERE WILL BE GLITCHES

*RANT MODE OFF!*

062802puke_prv.gif

I'm with you Professor.

If the whining, complaining horse won't die...keep beating it.

It is the same 5 or 6 'fans' that are the habitual repeat complainers.

I understand the debating, opinions, expectations and freedom of speech thing.

But some seem to go out of their way to complain about anything.

Actually they usually wait for someone who is obviously very excited and proud to post something positive about their favorite band.... and bam!!... a negative troll shoots them down.

We should appreciate, respect and love RUSH for what they are, not complain about what we think they should be.

We will have their CDs for many years after RUSH is gone.

A live performance is a special, even rare, event and should be remember for the joy it gave us and not for the disappointment someone else claims we should expect.

*RANT MODE ON!*

THERE WILL BE GLITCHES

*RANT MODE OFF!*

062802puke_prv.gif

goodpost.gif

You hit the nail right on the head!

QUOTE (KW84 @ Jul 19 2010, 03:07 PM)

*RANT MODE ON!*

THERE WILL BE GLITCHES

*RANT MODE OFF!*

062802puke_prv.gif

goodpost.gif

You hit the nail right on the head!

and drove the nail all the way in with one hit.... applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jul 19 2010, 03:23 PM)

*RANT MODE ON!*

THERE WILL BE GLITCHES

*RANT MODE OFF!*

062802puke_prv.gif

I'm with you Professor.

If the whining, complaining horse won't die...keep beating it.

It is the same 5 or 6 'fans' that are the habitual repeat complainers.

I understand the debating, opinions, expectations and freedom of speech thing.

But some seem to go out of their way to complain about anything.

Actually they usually wait for someone who is obviously very excited and proud to post something positive about their favorite band.... and bam!!... a negative troll shoots them down.

We should appreciate, respect and love RUSH for what they are, not complain about what we think they should be.

We will have their CDs for many years after RUSH is gone.

A live performance is a special, even rare, event and should be remember for the joy it gave us and not for the disappointment someone else claims we should expect.

I'm there too, even though I'm one of those who survived the July 7th show in Chicago. But I agree that show had to be re-scheduled, the whole place was soaked! wacko.gif

Edited by CygXanTor

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 19 2010, 04:44 PM)
If Geddy TRULY CARED about his fans, he would sing just like he did 30 years ago!! Geddy is an ASSHOLE!!

laugh.gif Sarcasm...My favorite type of comedy!

If Alex TRULY CARED about his fans, he would lose 80 lbs, and grow out his hair. Alex is a TURD!!

*RANT MODE ON!*

THERE WILL BE GLITCHES

*RANT MODE OFF!*

062802puke_prv.gif

Everyone here is pretty well aware of all of this, but the thing is this is a band, one that has been around for a very long time, and this is a message board, one where people are allowed to speak their OPINIONS.

Deal with it and move on. I'm convinced the internet is too much to handle for some people, and I really believe there should be an application process before people are allowed to use it.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jul 19 2010, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 19 2010, 04:44 PM)
If Geddy TRULY CARED about his fans, he would sing just like he did 30 years ago!! Geddy is an ASSHOLE!!

laugh.gif Sarcasm...My favorite type of comedy!

If Alex TRULY CARED about his fans, he would lose 80 lbs, and grow out his hair. Alex is a TURD!!

If Neil really cared about his fans...oh, never mind.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 19 2010, 08:52 PM)

*RANT MODE ON!*

THERE WILL BE GLITCHES

*RANT MODE OFF!*

062802puke_prv.gif

Everyone here is pretty well aware of all of this, but the thing is this is a band, one that has been around for a very long time, and this is a message board, one where people are allowed to speak their OPINIONS.

Deal with it and move on. I'm convinced the internet is too much to handle for some people, and I really believe there should be an application process before people are allowed to use it.

Trenken, I knew this thread would upset you. Btw, you're not too much to handle. wink.gif

Edited by CygXanTor

I'm with you. I'm thankful that they still produce new music and still tour. I'll keep going to shows as long as they keep playing. As far as the songs go . . . I don't care what they play. I'll go . . . and love it. There are far too many "fairweather" fans on this site. They disappoint me. I think some talk just to hear their own voices.